Last visit was: 11 May 2024, 12:14 It is currently 11 May 2024, 12:14

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 57 [1]
Given Kudos: 118
Concentration: Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 710 Q48 V56
GPA: 3.41
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [1]
Given Kudos: 67
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Re: Calling Stanford MSX candidates (2019 Intake) Graduating Class of 2020 [#permalink]
Age 33. With 690 GMAT (Q50 V33) 11 years work ex. Of which 6 years entrepreneurial. Successfully running a coaching class for iit jee aspirants. IITB (5.68/10)(2007 pass out) Should I apply to Stanford MSx?? Or is it way out of my league?? Can you guys suggest some other courses where I can get selected??

Posted from my mobile device
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 71 [1]
Given Kudos: 62
GPA: 4
WE:Brand Management (Health Care)
Send PM
Re: Calling Stanford MSX candidates (2019 Intake) Graduating Class of 2020 [#permalink]
Kudos
Akh wrote:
Hi there - Has anyone been put on a waitlist? Does any one know the chances of success if placed on a waitlist. Appreciate the guidance here. Thanks!

Hello Akh

You might find the discussion in the below link useful for waitlists.
https://gmatclub.com/forum/how-to-get-off-the-mba-waitlist-241256.html

There are also B-school specific waitlist discussions. I suggest you to use the search button and look for "waitlist". You will see the B-school specific waitlist threads there.

To find the people who are currently waitlisted and possibly connect with them, use the link below:
https://gmatclub.com/forum/decision-tracker.html
Use the filter in 1st column in the link above and select "waitlist".

All the best!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 71 [1]
Given Kudos: 62
GPA: 4
WE:Brand Management (Health Care)
Send PM
Kudos
Zsarathy86 wrote:
Age 33. With 690 GMAT (Q50 V33) 11 years work ex. Of which 6 years entrepreneurial. Successfully running a coaching class for iit jee aspirants. IITB (5.68/10)(2007 pass out) Should I apply to Stanford MSx?? Or is it way out of my league?? Can you guys suggest some other courses where I can get selected??

Hey Zsarathy86
I suggest you move your question to the relevant thread using the below link. It's dedicated to profile evaluation. Also suggest you to elaborate more on your leadership roles across 11 years and your extracurriculars, if any.
https://gmatclub.com/forum/mba-profile-evaluation-273235.html

Good luck!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 57 [0]
Send PM
Anyone applying in R2?
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Those who had interviews so far from R1, who was your interviewer? Was it Mike, Allison, Barbara or someone else?

I sent in my application for R2. Let's see how it goes!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Send PM
Hadamard wrote:
Anyone applying in R2?

I applied in R2
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Great KM505 - what is your profile if you don’t mind sharing?

Manager
Manager
Send PM
Interview invites for R2 should start going out today. Good luck everyone!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 16 [0]
Given Kudos: 32
Send PM
Applying in R3. Researching essays. Pretty nervous.
MBA Admissions Consultant
Affiliations: MBA Prep Coach
Own Kudos [?]: 1428 [0]
Given Kudos: 572
Farrell Nelson: MBA
Send PM
Expert Reply
Potatopaper wrote:
Applying in R3. Researching essays. Pretty nervous.
Why is that Potatopaper? R3, the abstract nature of the main essay question?

https://mbaprepcoach.com
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Has anyone from R2 received an interview invite for MSx? R2 is supposed to be the biggest round of applicants and admits but the thread seems very quiet so far.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
Hadamard wrote:
Has anyone from R2 received an interview invite for MSx? R2 is supposed to be the biggest round of applicants and admits but the thread seems very quiet so far.

Hadamard, seems to be very quiet, no news at all
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 57 [2]
Send PM
Kudos
chichi8 wrote:
Hadamard wrote:

Hadamard, seems to be very quiet, no news at all

I left a voice mail to for adcom asking if interview invites have started going out or not.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [1]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
Kudos
I just called the MSx office and they mentioned that the interviews have not gone out yet, they still have til March 6th. Not sure if anyone else checked with them. So keeping the fingers crossed and good luck to everyone!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 10 [0]
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Organizational Behavior
Send PM
I just wondered if anyone knows what the structure is in terms of round 3 applicants. Will they wait until March 13 and then decide who to interview or is it on a rolling basis? I assume they wait until all the applications are in and then the admissions committee meets to decide who to interview. Does anyone then know what the window looks like for invitations to interview to go out?

The reason I ask is I was a little confused by the guidance on the website. It says decision notifications for round 3 are mid April, but that interviews take place mid to late April. And so - assuming interviews are actually early to mid April, I would then assume interview invitations will start going out mid to late March. But then if people are still waiting to hear from R2, I guess R3 interviews are coming up later.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 16 [2]
Given Kudos: 32
Send PM
Kudos
I applied in R3. I understand most applications come in R2 so there is a longer review period for R2 applicants. R3 has only a few slots left and the # of applications are less so shorter review period (though hardest round). I was at the admissions office a few days ago and they were very busy.

Fun fact: do you know it takes about 30 mins to review each application? So if you want to stand out from hundreds of applicants (or thousands for MBA) you really have to leave a WOW impression in 15-30 mins.

Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 10 [0]
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Organizational Behavior
Send PM
Hm. That is worrying, but thanks for the info!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [0]
Send PM
Marlasf wrote:
I just called the MSx office and they mentioned that the interviews have not gone out yet, they still have til March 6th. Not sure if anyone else checked with them. So keeping the fingers crossed and good luck to everyone!

Does it mean that they will start sending interview invites to everyone just now?

Thanks!

GMAT Club Bot
   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11  ...  17   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6927 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts