GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 23 Oct 2019, 04:39

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Calling Stanford MSX candidates (2019 Intake) Graduating Class of 2020

new topic post reply Update application status  
Intern
Intern
Re: Calling Stanford MSX candidates (2019 Intake) Graduating Class of 2020  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 05 Mar 2019, 02:26
Any lucky emails guys? I am wondering if they have started sending out invitations yet. 2 days left ..

Posted from my mobile device
Manager
Manager
B
GPA: 3.53
Calling Stanford MSX candidates (2019 Intake) Graduating Class of 2020  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 06 Mar 2019, 12:29
Just got an e-mail with an interview invitation!! Applied R2.
Intern
Intern
B
GPA: 4
Calling Stanford MSX candidates (2019 Intake) Graduating Class of 2020  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post Updated on: 09 Jul 2019, 21:01
Hi all,
my first time and post on this forum!
Have just received an interview invite for MSx.
In an Associate Director position in Consulting and was keen for an MBA primarily for a solid business education (science background), exposure to the US region as all work experience has been in London/western Europe, networking, and of course the benefits of the Stanford alumni network and the brand. Not ruling out a reset to career (industry) but for now planning to enhance what I am doing currently.

Originally posted by Londoner2019 on 08 Mar 2019, 06:14.
Last edited by Londoner2019 on 09 Jul 2019, 21:01, edited 2 times in total.
Stanford MSx ThreadMaster
B
Concentration: Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 710 Q48 V56
GPA: 3.41
Re: Calling Stanford MSX candidates (2019 Intake) Graduating Class of 2020  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 08 Mar 2019, 10:45
Londoner2019 wrote:
Hi all,

Did not apply to MIT's 1 year programme.

1. What are your thoughts on my decision to take a year out at this point in my career?
2. Thoughts on MSx?

Many thanks already for your insights!!

Hi Londoner, as a science major wanting to learn about Business, your profile and reasons definitely make sense for MSx and Sloan Fellows. And excellent GPA and academic records add to the strength of the application.

I am wondering why you didn't apply to MIT SFMBA program. Any reasons that program didn't fit your aspirations? I also got an interview invite with MSx.
Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3.82

Show Tags

New post 08 Mar 2019, 21:58
Londoner2019 wrote:
Hi all,

1. What are your thoughts on my decision to take a year out at this point in my career?
2. Thoughts on MSx

Congrats on the interview invite! I’m an admit in round 1, so I thought I could help you out a little.

1. You’ve got a good profile. I don’t quite understand why you applied to HBS and MIT for their MBA programs though, because candidates of those programs are a lot younger. MSx is meant for candidates with a lot more experience (~12 years). Quite a number of the admits in round 1 are CxO of companies and organizations at different scales, from startups to non-profits, to global banks. If your plan is to equip yourself with more business knowledge, build a great network, and possibly jump to a new industry, MSx is a great program for you. During the interview, you will be asked why MSx. My advice is that you should be very clear about your decision to apply for MSx and how it will help you with your future plans.

2. I’ve met a few alumni and current fellows, and they all talked highly about the program. In the city that I’m in, alumni are very senior in their organizations (both private and public sectors). I’m a sponsored fellow, so for me personally, MSx is a platform to prepare for my next role in my company.

3. If you aren’t sponsored, MSx is a big investment. It’s around $400,000 to $500,000 (including opportunity cost and excluding financial aid, if any) for most fellows who currently work in private sector in big cities (London, New York, Hong Kong, Singapore, etc). For that reason, you should know very well the answer to the question why MSx.

Good luck with the interview and I hope to see you at the Admit Weekend next month!

Intern
Intern
B
Concentration: Finance, General Management
GMAT 1: 660 Q49 V31
GMAT 2: 680 Q47 V36
GMAT 3: 760 Q51 V42
WE: Analyst (Retail Banking)

Show Tags

New post 11 Mar 2019, 03:27
Got an interview invite, but unfortunately have to turn it down.
Good luck MSx'20!
MBA Section Director
V
Affiliations: GMATClub
WE: Engineering (Computer Software)
GMAT ToolKit User Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 11 Mar 2019, 08:46
worship wrote:
Good luck MSx'20!

Thanks for the update worship Have you decided on matriculating at MIT Sloan Fellows?

Show Tags

New post 11 Mar 2019, 21:36
worship wrote:
Good luck MSx'20!

Boss move ;)
Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 11 Mar 2019, 21:55
Hadamard wrote:
worship wrote:
Good luck MSx'20!

Boss move ;)

I mean seriously **bows down**

Intern
Intern
B
GMAT 1: 730 Q50 V39
GPA: 3.4

Show Tags

New post 11 Mar 2019, 23:28
Just submitted my R3 application. It said R3 candidates would know whether they would get invited to interview in a week of time.

Does it mean not many applicants in R3?

Intern
Intern
B
Concentration: Finance, General Management
GMAT 1: 660 Q49 V31
GMAT 2: 680 Q47 V36
GMAT 3: 760 Q51 V42
WE: Analyst (Retail Banking)

Show Tags

New post 12 Mar 2019, 01:50
workout wrote:
Thanks for the update worship Have you decided on matriculating at MIT Sloan Fellows?

Yes, the decision process was very painful.

Hadamard wrote:
Boss move ;)

You'll have to do the same with one of your 2 schools soon :-D

Potatopaper wrote:

Saving a spot for your R3 application :)
Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 12 Mar 2019, 04:24
worship wrote:
workout wrote:

Hadamard wrote:
Boss move ;)

Potatopaper wrote:

So which did you decide on?

MBA Section Director
V

Show Tags

New post 12 Mar 2019, 05:55
Potatopaper wrote:
worship wrote:
workout wrote:

Hadamard wrote:
Boss move ;)

Potatopaper wrote:

So which did you decide on?

Potatopaper

From his previous reply, I see that worship chose MIT Sloan Fellows.
B

Show Tags

New post 12 Mar 2019, 08:05
Thank you for your very helpful response and congratulations on the admission!!
The numbers you quoted for the expenses made me gasp a little. I am not sponsored unfortunately as my consulting firm typically only supports CFAs and other smaller certifications.

I am very much hoping they have some manner of financial aid though of course would probably not talk about this at the interview.

Would be interested in knowing a bit more about your profile. Are you from the US/California?

Thanks again,
A

GSBSloan wrote:
Londoner2019 wrote:
Hi all,

2. Thoughts on MSx

Congrats on the interview invite! I’m an admit in round 1, so I thought I could help you out a little.

1. You’ve got a good profile. I don’t quite understand why you applied to HBS and MIT for their MBA programs though, because candidates of those programs are a lot younger. MSx is meant for candidates with a lot more experience (~12 years). Quite a number of the admits in round 1 are CxO of companies and organizations at different scales, from startups to non-profits, to global banks. If your plan is to equip yourself with more business knowledge, build a great network, and possibly jump to a new industry, MSx is a great program for you. During the interview, you will be asked why MSx. My advice is that you should be very clear about your decision to apply for MSx and how it will help you with your future plans.

2. I’ve met a few alumni and current fellows, and they all talked highly about the program. In the city that I’m in, alumni are very senior in their organizations (both private and public sectors). I’m a sponsored fellow, so for me personally, MSx is a platform to prepare for my next role in my company.

3. If you aren’t sponsored, MSx is a big investment. It’s around $400,000 to $500,000 (including opportunity cost and excluding financial aid, if any) for most fellows who currently work in private sector in big cities (London, New York, Hong Kong, Singapore, etc). For that reason, you should know very well the answer to the question why MSx.

Good luck with the interview and I hope to see you at the Admit Weekend next month!

Stanford MSx ThreadMaster
B

Show Tags

New post 12 Mar 2019, 19:17
Just finished my interview with MSx Adcom member. Interviewer had very in-depth, very specific questions for me, which was amazing. However I felt that my answers were rather rambling and not crisp enough :shocked: Beginning to worry that I might not make the cut.
Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 13 Mar 2019, 11:55
You probably did better than you think. Hang in there buddy. You’d make it to admit weekend April 13-15. Think positive.

Hadamard wrote:
Just finished my interview with MSx Adcom member. Interviewer had very in-depth, very specific questions for me, which was amazing. However I felt that my answers were rather rambling and not crisp enough :shocked: Beginning to worry that I might not make the cut.

Intern
Intern
B
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Organizational Behavior

Show Tags

New post 14 Mar 2019, 09:47
If any other R3 applicants get notified of interview would be great to know. I guess we hear over the next week.

MBA Section Director
V

Show Tags

New post 14 Mar 2019, 09:59
jm6097 wrote:
If any other R3 applicants get notified of interview would be great to know. I guess we hear over the next week.

jm6097

From the decision tracker, I see an applicant who applied in R3.
B

Show Tags

New post 18 Mar 2019, 03:07
Hello all,
just had my interview. The interviewer was lovely, very conversational and informal. Also very transparent.

Now we wait until March 28 - seems like forever.

Also one thing we discussed was the brand of MSx vs an MBA and I am a bit concerned about this. Not sure what you guys feel.
I only spent 3 weeks (consulting doesn't allow for much) for my test prep and just applied to HBS, MIT and Stanford. I really should have done more research on the MIT programme.

As someone already pointed out, their Sloan Fellows programme actually confers an MBA degree - I think that's a huge plus. But I didn't apply to their Sloan Fellows programme and regretting this now.

Having said that - Stanford is more of a fit for me in terms of personality, career aspirations and the general ethos of the school. They said they are not thinking about branding the MSx as an MBA anytime soon....
So anyone coming in needs to be well aware of this.
Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post Updated on: 18 Mar 2019, 19:25
Thanks for sharing. Hope you get admitted too!

I listened to a podcast interview given by the director of admissions a few years ago. The interviewer asked the same question with regards to the degree conferred.

https://blog.accepted.com/the-stanford- ... aders/amp/

Londoner2019 wrote:
Hello all,
just had my interview. The interviewer was lovely, very conversational and informal. Also very transparent.

Now we wait until March 28 - seems like forever.

Also one thing we discussed was the brand of MSx vs an MBA and I am a bit concerned about this. Not sure what you guys feel.
I only spent 3 weeks (consulting doesn't allow for much) for my test prep and just applied to HBS, MIT and Stanford. I really should have done more research on the MIT programme.

As someone already pointed out, their Sloan Fellows programme actually confers an MBA degree - I think that's a huge plus. But I didn't apply to their Sloan Fellows programme and regretting this now.

Having said that - Stanford is more of a fit for me in terms of personality, career aspirations and the general ethos of the school. They said they are not thinking about branding the MSx as an MBA anytime soon....
So anyone coming in needs to be well aware of this.

Originally posted by Potatopaper on 18 Mar 2019, 08:53.
Last edited by Potatopaper on 18 Mar 2019, 19:25, edited 1 time in total.
GMAT Club Bot
Calling Stanford MSX candidates (2019 Intake) Graduating Class of 2020   [#permalink] 18 Mar 2019, 08:53

Go to page   Previous    1  ...  3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11  ...  17    Next  [ 329 posts ] 

Calling Stanford MSX candidates (2019 Intake) Graduating Class of 2020

new topic post reply Update application status  

Moderator: mvictor