GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 11 Dec 2018, 12:40

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in December
PrevNext
SuMoTuWeThFrSa
Open Detailed Calendar

CFA with 6-7 years experience

new topic post reply Update application status  
Intern
Intern
CFA with 6-7 years experience  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 21 Jan 2016, 10:05
Hi,

I am an Indian working as a Research Associate with a Moody's subsidiary in India. I have 6 and a half years of work experience in finance ranging from experience at a small financial and advisory services firm to running a business and finally settling into a research profile. I would like to know what chance do I stand to get into the likes of Wharton, Booth, Columbia, Stern and INSEAD (in that order) with a GMAT of 720 (Q49 V40). Also what role would the CFA charter play in the entire process?

Many Thanks,
Yogesh

P.S. I would be applying later this year in the first round for admission in to the class of 2017.
Veritas Prep Admissions Consultant
G
Re: CFA with 6-7 years experience  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 21 Jan 2016, 13:25
You have some seemingly nice work experience with a good not great GMAT score for your applicant pool. Which I know sounds crazy since a 720 is a strong score but these programs have some of the higher avg GMAT scores in the world and coupled with your applicant pool put you on the fence of competitiveness. Depending on the strength of your undergraduate record, career goals alignment, ECs and recommendation you have the potential to compete here. Focus heavy on the essays as a means to stand out and you can really help yourself. The CFA is nice it ultimately won't move the needle but it is a positive for your candidacy just not a major one

Veritas Prep | Veritas Prep Admissions Consultant

Find the expert who’s right for you. Meet our team!
Veritas Prep Reviews

Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 21 Jan 2016, 18:54
Hi,

Thank you for the reply.

I would like to ask that considering the fact that I have time on my hand, I could attempt another shot at GMAT. What sort of a score would put me in the very competitive list as far as the weightage for GMAT is concerned?

Many Thanks,
Yogesh
Veritas Prep Admissions Consultant
G

Show Tags

New post 22 Jan 2016, 09:15
With this group of programs I would say a 750 would certainly put your score in the elite range which should help balance the fact you are coming from a demographic that scores very high on the GMAT

Veritas Prep | Veritas Prep Admissions Consultant

Find the expert who’s right for you. Meet our team!
Veritas Prep Reviews

CFA with 6-7 years experience

new topic post reply Update application status  

Copyright

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions and Privacy Policy| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap