Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 01:10 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 01:10

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
MBA Admissions Consultant
Own Kudos [?]: 844 [0]
Given Kudos: 92
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Send PM
[#permalink]
Expert Reply
GMATcram wrote:
Do you think below is the good community involment that can strengthen my chance at Kellogg

1) I win a prize " top 20 national fashion award" and started a fashion shop with a friend.
2) Besides, when I was a student , I passed the national contest to interpret for many leaders from Asian countries.

What's different if i apply R1 2007 and round 2 ?
Please recommend the whole package to correct essays and applications? and when should i begin to use the service ? ( 2 months ahead of the R1 deadline ..?
Please help me to answer.

GMATcram,

Apologies for the delayed response. Winning a national fashion award and starting a fashion shop are not community involvements, in the sense of volunteering one's time to benefit others. However, they are very distinctive experiences that will help you stand out from the pack. As for the national contest to interpret for Asian leaders, that is also distinctive but in terms of Benefiting Mankind Through Selfless Endeavor it sounds more like an extracurricular achievement than a social impact activity. You want to have some post-college community involvements if at all possible.

The difference between applying in Round 1 or 2 is not significant. If you have crafted the best application you can by the first round, then by all means submit it then, but don't submit less than your best effort just to get it in in the first round.

Regarding Accepted.com's services, if you get started with us in August you will be in very good shape for meeting the round one deadline. Our flat-fee Essay Packages (interview + outline + unlimited editing) are our most comprehensive service. I'd be happy to discuss your needs offline at your convenience.

Good luck!
Manager
Manager
Send PM
[#permalink]
Thank you for your kind response.

I think i will use your service 2 months before I apply to school. and i think i will discuss detail later. However, please help me with some question.

Do you think its enough to mention in the essay or i need newspapers, trophy or picture of troph to support the document?

Today I've recieved an offer from US Medicine manufactuer as a Brand Executive. It's more advantages for me to apply if I work as new position. Or it's better to raise GMAT score instead?

Lastly, if i use the Essay Editing servive, the price you quote is for 1 essay for 1 school, or all essay for 1 school, or 1 essay we can use for different school. Please clarify the information.
Send PM
[#permalink]
Expert Reply
GMATcram wrote:
Thank you for your kind response.

I think i will use your service 2 months before I apply to school. and i think i will discuss detail later. However, please help me with some question.

Do you think its enough to mention in the essay or i need newspapers, trophy or picture of troph to support the document?

Today I've recieved an offer from US Medicine manufactuer as a Brand Executive. It's more advantages for me to apply if I work as new position. Or it's better to raise GMAT score instead?

Lastly, if i use the Essay Editing servive, the price you quote is for 1 essay for 1 school, or all essay for 1 school, or 1 essay we can use for different school. Please clarify the information.

GMATcram,

I think your GMAT is fine. The job offer you mentioned sounds like a definite step up in responsibility, so I would go for that if it's a position and employer that appeal to you. It would enhance your application.

If you have a newspaper article in which you and your achievement are the subject of the piece, then it's always a good idea to enclose it with the application. I would only enclose one or two of such stories, however. No need to send in photos of trophies, etc.!

Our package price is for one essay for one school. Of course, you will be able to re-use your essays for other schools, but you will want to modify them a bit first. If you want my help to modify them, we would charge for that time at our hourly rate.

We look forward to working with you.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
[#permalink]
So, I should choose most important essays ? Or the Service will advice what essay should be used ? Please advise.
Send PM
[#permalink]
Expert Reply
GMATcram wrote:
So, I should choose most important essays ? Or the Service will advice what essay should be used ? Please advise.

GMATcram,

If your resources are limited, then, yes, it would make sense to spend your money on packages for important essays, most obviously goals. We can certainly advise you as to which essay questions you might want to focus your packages on. (BTW, we can provide this overall advice as part of our package work for a single essay--we won't bill you separately to provide this general advice as to which topics to use packages on.)
Manager
Manager
Send PM
[#permalink]
Hi Paul,

Thank you so far. As I'm concerned that all accepted applicants in Kellogg must have interviews. Or, because i am Vietnamese, i do not need an interview. Do I need to have an interview? And your packages includes it? Please recomend me a book this.
Many thanks.
Send PM
[#permalink]
Expert Reply
GMATcram wrote:
Hi Paul,

Thank you so far. As I'm concerned that all accepted applicants in Kellogg must have interviews. Or, because i am Vietnamese, i do not need an interview. Do I need to have an interview? And your packages includes it? Please recomend me a book this.
Many thanks.

GMATcram,

I think you need an interview--it's another way of marketing yourself effectively to the school. We offer both hourly and flat-fee services to prepare you for B-school interviews. See Accepted.com's web site for details. These services are separate from our essay services. The "interview" I referred to as part of our flat-fee essay package is a phone conversation between you and me and has nothing to do with the schools' admissions interview.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
[#permalink]
Hi Paul,

I would ask some question for my friend.
Profile:
24 year old
Vietnamese nationality
TOEFL 607, GMAT 660
He aslo has an impresive GPA top 10% of the class.
3 year- experience in marketing in P&G
Any chance for him to enter Kellogg / Duke / Emory?
Please advice.
Send PM
[#permalink]
Expert Reply
GMATcram wrote:
Hi Paul,

I would ask some question for my friend.
Profile:
24 year old
Vietnamese nationality
TOEFL 607, GMAT 660
He aslo has an impresive GPA top 10% of the class.
3 year- experience in marketing in P&G
Any chance for him to enter Kellogg / Duke / Emory?
Please advice.

GMATcram,

Based on what you told me, I would say he has a slight to small chance at Kellogg, a small chance at Duke, a decent to good chance at Emory.

Hope this helps.
GMAT Club Bot
[#permalink]