Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 05:57 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 05:57

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Send PM
Veritas Prep Admissions Consultant
Own Kudos [?]: 340 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
CEO
CEO
Own Kudos [?]: 575 [0]
Given Kudos: 155
Send PM
Re: Confused and devastated [#permalink]
Expert Reply
ash2710 wrote:
Is MIM or MSC good people having 4 years of experience?
I have seen many universities accepting candidates who have WE not more than 2 year for MIM and MSC

Typically MiM programs have people with 0-2 years of work experience, whereas people with more work experience also apply to MS programs. So, you'd still fall in the range for an MS program.

However, your decision for MBA or MS should not be driven by deadlines but by your need to do a particular course. An MBA or an MS requires a big investment and it also has a longer-term impact. Starting the program this year versus next year is not going to make so much of a difference in your life. But the quality, curriculum and structure and the post-program job opportunities are far more important criteria that should be considered when deciding which route to take.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
MBADecoder wrote:
ash2710 wrote:
Is MIM or MSC good people having 4 years of experience?
I have seen many universities accepting candidates who have WE not more than 2 year for MIM and MSC

Typically MiM programs have people with 0-2 years of work experience, whereas people with more work experience also apply to MS programs. So, you'd still fall in the range for an MS program.

However, your decision for MBA or MS should not be driven by deadlines but by your need to do a particular course. An MBA or an MS requires a big investment and it also has a longer-term impact. Starting the program this year versus next year is not going to make so much of a difference in your life. But the quality, curriculum and structure and the post-program job opportunities are far more important criteria that should be considered when deciding which route to take.

MS is more technical I suppose?

Sent from my XT1068 using GMAT Club Forum mobile app
CEO
CEO
Own Kudos [?]: 575 [0]
Given Kudos: 155
Send PM
Expert Reply
ash2710 wrote:
MS is more technical I suppose?

Yes, An MBA is a general business program. You can however concentrate/specialize in a subject.

If you are serious about either, you should check actual programs by visiting their websites
Admission Consultant
Affiliations: TheIvyLeagueEdge
Own Kudos [?]: 150 [0]
Given Kudos: 153
TheIvyLeagueEdge: Bala
Concentration: Strategy, Marketing
Schools: Yale (A)
GMAT 1: 740 Q47 V44
GPA: 3.7
WE:Operations (Other)
Send PM
Confused and devastated [#permalink]
ash2710 wrote:
I am 25 year old indian applicant with Gmat score of 640.
I want to apply this year.i searched for colleges and found that deadlines are almost finished.
Can anyone suggest me what to do as i have to take admission this year.
Should i go for MIM or MSC.
Ther are some universities, which are still open for admission but those are not good one.What to do now?
A genuine help is needed urgently.

ash2710,
Although difficult, if you work really really hard, you can still try for some good European schools.

Pm us your resume for a detailed profile evaluation, and talk on the number below to ask questions you may have FREE (APPOINTMENT Needed)
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 1084 [0]
Given Kudos: 103
GMAT 1: 730 Q49 V41
Send PM
ash2710 wrote:
I want to apply this year.i searched for colleges and found that deadlines are almost finished.
Ther are some universities, which are still open for admission but those are not good one.What to do now?

As you are an Indian applicant(so am I :-) ), I think its more difficult the get into a b-school in R3 and that too with a low GMAT score. Indians are the largest applicant pool and you have to have a competitive score to get into a good school unless you have a very distinct and extraordinary profile.

Also you are only 25 years old and very much fall within the average age group of any b-schools for next 2 years. So if you are planning to go for MBA, my suggestion is take your time to prepare for GMAT, achieve a higher score(around 700), and apply in R1 end of this year.
Experts' Global Representative
Own Kudos [?]: 70 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
Send PM
Expert Reply
ash2710 wrote:

Hi ash2710,

The MBA is a huge investment and we strongly recommend that you apply in R1 (the following year). Quite frankly, a year here or there will not make a huge difference, considering you are only 25 right now. However, it is essential that you opt for a program that you are truly suited for. The MiM is for low experience candidates and some of the top-notch schools will not even prefer your candidature. Additionally, as an Indian, the expectations are going to be a lot higher for you and with only R3 deadlines remaining for most schools, the chances look bleak.

Take these few months to work on your GMAT and build your profile, and apply afresh in the next season. That truly will be your best chance :)

Should you need to discuss this in greater detail, please feel free to get in touch.

All the best!
GMAT Club Bot