It is currently 22 Feb 2018, 18:36

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Consultant reviews - General Education and Strategy4Gmat

new topic post reply Update application status  
2 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern
B
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Technology
GMAT 1: 690 Q49 V35
GMAT 2: 720 Q49 V38
GPA: 3.8
WE: Information Technology (Computer Software)
Reviews Badge
Consultant reviews - General Education and Strategy4Gmat [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 01 Sep 2017, 01:59
This post received
KUDOS
I consulted two consultancies for my MBA application for 2017. Writing my experiences so others are aware of what they are headed into and precautions to be taken.

General Education: I first approached them as their rates were reasonable and had seen a positive post about them. I called them up and explained my situation: was done with my exams and it was the beginning of December, I wanted to apply to 5 schools and needed to start off immediately. I also wanted their assurances of whether they can help me in this short time to target R1 slot for 3 of my preferred colleges(18-30 rank)(deadline in 3-6 weeks). The person communicating on their behalf assured me and kept calling me for advance payments. I paid 49k the next day and was given a contact. But this person turned out to be another coordinator who didn't pick up phones or responded to my emails. Finally, I got aligned with my actual mentor (K) in around 5 days. After some initial talks, K told he was busy as it was approaching new years and would be available after 31st Jan. The way they were wasting my time got me irate and I asked them to reduce my package to 3 schools from 5, they promptly asked for 12k immediately for the downgrade. K started interacting regularly for a few days but as soon as the payment was made he started singing a different song. Apparently, I'm too late for the process and they suggested some 60+ ranking schools whose deadline were in March-April (I guess this was to 1)secure their money back policy as I would walk into all of them and 2)because they didn't have the manpower to assist with my application).
Following weeks I tried to work with the consultant but he would always say he's traveling or in important client meetings. He wasn't really helpful and rather than answering my questions and helping me with the essay he kept demoralizing me about how I'm not clear about my goals and "why MBA"; I thought this was something they are supposed to iron out in our essays. A few more weeks followed where the feedback would be vague like "grammar isn't correct" and "the essay is unprofessional". But he wouldn't mention where the problem was and which parts I should rectify. He would call at odd times and boast about how lucky I am, as K called me after his grueling client meetings at 12 PM to give me my feedback. I understood he wasn't really going through the essays and was just stalling me with such vague feedbacks as he had no time. I requested General Education to give me another consultant but they said it can't be done at the moment. Their helpfulness stopped after the full amount was paid to them. Right before the deadline weekend, I sent the consultant (K) my essay and K kept complaining how he can't work under such short notices and time pressure. Finally the day before my submission he sent a 5-day old version of my essay as the final draft. I told him he sent the wrong document but he insisted it was the right one and didn't even communicate back with an apology for not sending the correct essay. At this point, I was frustrated and stopped all communications with them. Not only were they not helping they were wasting my time and making me frustrated. I realized applying on my own would be a better option and the 62k fee paid to General Education has gone down the drain as they don't have a money back for their 3 school package.

Final say: Avoid at all cost. If you still want to give them a try make sure all communications are through email and no promises are made over the phone.

strategy4gmat: Mainly concentrated with ISB applications but a grounded institution with less show-off and more one to one assistance. They are pretty realistic about the schools and didn't give any false promises to me. I worked with M for my ISB application for 10k. He was regular, punctual and supportive. I didn't get an ISB admit but the essays created with M's assistance were of high quality and helped me get my final admit in another college later on.

Final say: Well worth the 10k. Specializes mainly in ISB and doesn't sell lies. Coordinating with them and ironing out my application was fun, interesting and insightful. It helped me immensely with subsequent applications laer on.

Last edited by ir2pid on 02 Sep 2017, 13:02, edited 3 times in total.
Intern
Intern
B
GMAT 1: 700 Q49 V36
GMAT ToolKit User
Re: Consultant reviews - General Education and Strategy4Gmat [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 02 Sep 2017, 08:07
Need review for Sonja Bhan-Upenn, please!!!

Thanks
Director
Director
B
Status: Assisting candidates to get admit in to top global business schools
Affiliations: MBA
Schools: HEC, Paris
WE 1: 9 Years
Re: Consultant reviews - General Education and Strategy4Gmat [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 22 Jan 2018, 23:58
Hi Sudipta,

We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience occurred. We aim to please every single client we work with and ensure that they get admits to the best schools based on their profile so we are very surprised to learn that you had a less than ideal experience.

After reading your post, we have performed a detailed check from our backend to understand the issue and we came across certain facts which contradict the details you have mentioned.

Fact 1: According to your post, you had inquired with us in the beginning of December and started the services from the next day. Whereas according to our records, you had inquired with us on December 26, 2016 at 1:12 PM. Below attached is the screenshot of the same.
Attachment:
File comment: Attached file is the screenshot of fact 1
Fact1.PNG
Fact1.PNG [ 96.46 KiB | Viewed 164 times ]

Fact 2: You have mentioned that " The person communicating on their behalf assured me and kept calling me for advance payments. I paid 49k the next day and was given a contact. But this person turned out to be another coordinator who didn't pick up phones or responded to my emails" but according to our records, you had a profile evaluation call with the consultant before you could initiate the payment and were later connected to the same consultant for the B-school shortlisting process. Please see attached screenshot of the same.
Attachment:
File comment: Attached file is the screenshot of fact 2
Fact2.PNG
Fact2.PNG [ 18.34 KiB | Viewed 164 times ]

Fact 3: You have mentioned that you made the payment next day you contacted which is in the beginning of December whereas from our records and bank statement you initiated the payment on December 30, 2016 at 9:13 am which got reversed again to your account as you had entered invalid/wrong beneficiary name. You had to initiated the payment again on December 31 2016 at 10:23 am and below is the screenshot for the same
Attachment:
File comment: Attached file is the screenshot of fact 3
Fact3.PNG
Fact3.PNG [ 31.92 KiB | Viewed 162 times ]

You have also mentioned that we delayed the start of services as it was 31st of December, but the screenshot shows that you had initiated the payment on 31st December 2016 and we clearly informed you that it takes 24 hours from the receipt of payment to start the services. You have also mentioned that we suggested some 60+ ranking schools to you whose deadline were in March-April to secure the money back policy, however we have no such money back policy in the package that you selected. The same is mentioned in the brochure which was sent to you before the payment.

Also, we have never received any request from your end asking for change of consultant. Please share screenshot of the email that you sent for this request.

We also emailed you recently to understand the issues raised in this post but did not receive a reply from your end. Therefore, we are forced to reply pointwise on a public platform.

Again, we take pride in the quality of services we provide and would love to resolve the issue that you faced.

General Education
m:+91-99800 44412 , +91-90350 50056
w: http://www.genedmba.com e: info@genedmba.com

Re: Consultant reviews - General Education and Strategy4Gmat   [#permalink] 22 Jan 2018, 23:58

Consultant reviews - General Education and Strategy4Gmat

new topic post reply Update application status  

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap