Last visit was: 24 Apr 2024, 15:35 It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 15:35

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Affiliations: HHonors Diamond, BGS Honor Society
Own Kudos [?]: 3083 [0]
Given Kudos: 7
Schools: Chicago (Booth) - Class of 2009
GMAT 1: 730 Q45 V45
WE:Business Development (Consumer Products)
Send PM
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 12 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Send PM
Director
Director
Send PM
[#permalink]
Then this will be your pleasure for about a week and a half...

"Application Status: The Admissions Committee is currently reviewing your application.

Status Description
Please check your status on or about the notification deadline date."
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Send PM
[#permalink]
Its kinda sad that they know, they tell you they know, but they don't tell you.
I mean, I guess all schools do that, but still. Given my track record so far, I bet it'll say that two days before the decision date.

Whats worse, I'll be at Darden the day they release decisions. I'll be sitting there wondering all day long until I get back to the hotel. I have a BB, so I can probably login via that while on campus, actually...

I've told myself I'm not checking the decision until after my interview at Darden because I don't want to loose confidence if rejected, or become overconfident if accepted.

Anyone know what time they release on Nov 17?
Director
Director
Send PM
[#permalink]
Did Cornell send you a businessweek article about the interviews. They sent me one but I think accidently deleted it. But they said that they interview everyone (important) and even more importantly for us even if the interviewer gives you the thumbs down they will comprehensively review your app to see if you shouldn't get in despite the interviewer's feelings, ie prehaps you can loose the interview and still win the war.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
They're a bit ambiguous regarding notification. They release decisions "on or about" the 17th."

I'm @ Johnson today, so I was planning on stopping by the admissions office and asking for clarification.
Director
Director
Send PM
[#permalink]
Cool... swing two more decisions while you are there Mr. Cornell!
Manager
Manager
Send PM
[#permalink]
@ Mark: I dont think they interview everyone. They interview only about 50 % and accept about 60-70%, for a total admit rate of about 30-35%. Can you clarify on your statement?

@SW: Can you please let us know? I am sure they will say wait till Nov 17, but may be you get a feeling of what the decision is by talking to them directly :).

2 looooooooooooooong weeks, why god why lool
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Send PM
[#permalink]
Mark4124 wrote:
Cool... swing two more decisions while you are there Mr. Cornell!

Please walk into the main office. Head left. Go down the stairs on your right. The lightswitch is on your left.

When you arrive at hte bottom of the stairs, follow the cabling about 200 yards until you reach the room labelled "Employees Only". The padlock combination is 18-23-22. Inside there will be a man named Joe. Joe is expecting you. When Joe says "What brings you here?" you respond "The flying crow of god." Joe will hand you keys to a locked cage in the back.

Unfortunately, Joe must be disposed of. Behind the cage you will find a small serated knife, two trash bags and a meat cleaver. After you have disposed of Joe, head 300y south southwest, towards room labelled "Incinerator". From there, place the two trash bags inside and press the green button.

Return to the room and cage. Unlock the cage and look for the machine called "JGSMAPP". Behind joe's cofee cup you fill wind a usb drive. Connect the drive.

Replace the padlock and head 400 yards northwest through the tunnel labelled "Asbestos". It will lead to small hatch that opens on the north end of campus. There will be a man named Tommy waiting for you with a Lincoln town car. Take the car to the airport and board flight 8726 to Sao Paolo, Brazil. When you arrive in Sao Paolo, check into the hotel de marquis on Arlando ave. Your reservation is underneath the name "Dr Frank Loenne". Check into room 582.

At 3pm, there will be a knock on your door, when the person asks "What is the PGP passkey?" you should respond "FXUNE-S982-NMAS-MDIG89-129". They will slip a 9mm pistol and thumbdrive to you.

Login to the Citrix terminal hidden in the closet with the thumbdrive attached. Load "A551CA810N D35TR0Y3R by L33T" on the thumbdrive. Run "woot.bat". When the process has completed, shoot the laptop with the 9mm.

Head back downstairs. A woman named Marcela Deigo will be waiting for you. She will take you somewhere where she will make your wildest dreams come true. This is your reward. Upon completion of said act, return to the international airport and board flight 8127 back home. Speak to no one of what you have done.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
[#permalink]
:lol: :lol: Aren't you supposed to study/rehearse for your interview? :lol:
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Send PM
[#permalink]
bayern15 wrote:
:lol: :lol: Aren't you supposed to study/rehearse for your interview? :lol:

shhhh. Taking a break :)
Director
Director
Send PM
[#permalink]
They interview everyone the ADMITT. The don't interview everyone they deny... In fact they don't interview most of that crowd. :)
Manager
Manager
Send PM
[#permalink]
Ok... that was my understanding as well. I thought you said they interview all applicants.
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Send PM
[#permalink]
Mark4124 wrote:
They interview everyone the ADMITT. The don't interview everyone they deny... In fact they don't interview most of that crowd. :)

I wish that sentence said they admit everyone they interview :)
Manager
Manager
Send PM
[#permalink]
Sorry folks they're not spilling any beans up there! They start phoning admitted students on the 15th and 16th, hence the "on or about".

Hey Rhyme, your message almost made me bust out laughing in the middle of this conference!
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Send PM
[#permalink]
swgotz wrote:
Sorry folks they're not spilling any beans up there! They start phoning admitted students on the 15th and 16th, hence the "on or about".

Hey Rhyme, your message almost made me bust out laughing in the middle of this conference!

Glad to see you are paying attention to the conference! Must be an interesting subject.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
[#permalink]
Healthcare + Biotech...conference is great, boring Q&A session.

rhyme wrote:

Glad to see you are paying attention to the conference! Must be an interesting subject.
SVP
SVP
Own Kudos [?]: 520 [0]
Schools:Darden
 Q50  V51
Send PM
[#permalink]
I am amazed that this is the most active thread around here. I guess nobody wants to talk about Harvard because it's impossible to get into :) (I definitely came to that conclusion for myself).
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Send PM
[#permalink]
pelihu wrote:
I am amazed that this is the most active thread around here. I guess nobody wants to talk about Harvard because it's impossible to get into :) (I definitely came to that conclusion for myself).

A friend got an HBS interview invite yesterday.
GMAT Club Bot
[#permalink]
   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8