[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 881: Undefined array key "c_ss"
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 890: Undefined array key "198_school_count"
Cornell Tech MBA Applicants 2023 Intake Class of 2024 : Johnson - Page 25
Last visit was: 27 Jul 2024, 06:54 It is currently 27 Jul 2024, 06:54
Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 10 [0]
Given Kudos: 6
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 18 [0]
Given Kudos: 54
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 14 [0]
Given Kudos: 31
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 10 [0]
Send PM
Re: Cornell Tech MBA Applicants 2023 Intake Class of 2024 [#permalink]
waiver!
Manager
Manager
Send PM
batman98 wrote:
I’ve been refreshing the portal for quite some time lol. I got the interview invite at 8 PM EST sharp, so I’m assuming they’ll roll out the decisions in a similar time frame.

My interview invitation was sent 2:06PM EST on 10/30.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 14 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
MBACandidate2024 wrote:
My interview invitation was sent 2:06PM EST on 10/30.

Oh then I suppose the decision can come any time!
Manager
Manager
Send PM
gaurav9958 wrote:
And this will keep me awake entire night Posted from my mobile device

Get some sleep, dude. It’s likely going to come out in 24+ hours time. Likely 3-5PM EST tomorrow.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 24 [0]
Send PM
True

Let me ask y’all something, now that you’re awake and so am I.

Let’s say you have your start up which hasn’t raised any money but have worked on it for about a year odd, you now have received an offer of $1.2 Mn Pre-seed offer and at the same time you’ve got an invite for Cornell Tech for 2024 entry. You planned on launching the product by Jan, to get some traction and launch full fledged by June 24.

Given that you need to confirm your seat by Jan 24, what would you do? (PS you have no idea if the start up will work out of not but you have the passion to build it because it’s your baby.)

Sorry I’m blabbering, feel free to answer/ignore.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
I’ll say take a leap of faith and go ahead with your start up with full focus. You can always get the admission deferred to next year as a backup. We’ve got only one life, make sure you have no regrets!

On the flip side, you can also leverage the Startup Studio at Cornell Tech and launch your product next year with a more global network, given the circumstances allow you to defer the release. Good luck!
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Such a diplomatic answer 😂
Pick 1.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Lol okay, here’s the clear answer. Can you defer your startup’s launch to Summer 2025 given your current funding in place? If yes, it’s a no brainer. Go to Cornell!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
Send PM
SidJ09 wrote:
True

Let me ask y’all something, now that you’re awake and so am I.

Let’s say you have your start up which hasn’t raised any money but have worked on it for about a year odd, you now have received an offer of $1.2 Mn Pre-seed offer and at the same time you’ve got an invite for Cornell Tech for 2024 entry. You planned on launching the product by Jan, to get some traction and launch full fledged by June 24.

Given that you need to confirm your seat by Jan 24, what would you do? (PS you have no idea if the start up will work out of not but you have the passion to build it because it’s your baby.)

Sorry I’m blabbering, feel free to answer/ignore.

If you have pre seed offer of $1.2 mil,
I think drop the MBA plan altogether ‘cause it doesn’t make any sense to pursue Masters if you have a viable business.
The concrete pre-seed offer provides a tangible opportunity for your startup, and pursuing the business might offer more immediate impact than an MBA.
$1.2mil is a significant amount for pre seed funding, especially in this high interest rate environment, you won’t get this opportunity easily again.

Posted from my mobile device
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Interesting. :P

Don’t ask me what am I doing because I’m only in one of the two mentioned situations 😂😄
Manager
Manager
Send PM
SidJ09 wrote:
Such a diplomatic answer 😂 Pick 1.

HAHAHA

SidJ09 wrote:
Let me ask y’all something, now that you’re awake and so am I. Let’s say you have your start up which hasn’t raised any money but have worked on it for about a year odd, you now have received an offer of $1.2 Mn Pre-seed offer and at the same time you’ve got an invite for Cornell Tech for 2024 entry. You planned on launching the product by Jan, to get some traction and launch full fledged by June 24. Given that you need to confirm your seat by Jan 24, what would you do? (PS you have no idea if the start up will work out of not but you have the passion to build it because it’s your baby.) Sorry I’m blabbering, feel free to answer/ignore.

First of all: massive **** congratulations. To be able to secure $1.2M pre-seed for anything is remarkable.

If this is your personal passion, I would just pursue this full-time.

e.g. My ultimate goal is to do exactly what you have just done, so if you have already done this without needing an MBA to break into FAANG, gain experience, & fundraise, then I would dodge the MBA

Ask yourself what your true objective & goal is with pursuing this MBA -- if it’s to gain financial stability with a post MBA job like me, yet gain experience that will help you fundraise later, then you should commit to the MBA.

If you’re in a position in your life to take the risk with your startup (which you have already successfully fundraised for: go all in with your startup, especially because this is a goal with many people entering the program, or maybe 5-10 years post MBA).

That’s just my personal two cents, but hopefully it may help direct your thinking around what matters most to you right now at this stage of your life, and in return, help you reach some personal clarity around your decision!
Intern
Intern
Send PM
SidJ09 wrote:
Interesting. :P

Don’t ask me what am I doing because I’m only in one of the two mentioned situations 😂😄

If I were rocking your kicks, I'd grab that investor cash, roll the dice on Wall Street like a financial wizard on Caffine/Chai high—throw in some wild calls and puts. Win, and I'm practically sipping champagne with the gods. Lose, no sweat; I'd still strut into the MBA scene with a startup tale that'd make even the professors chuckle. It's like playing Monopoly, but with real money and a chance to be the unexpected class clown at business school.

Manager
Manager
Send PM
gaurav9958 wrote:
If I were rocking your kicks, I’d grab that investor cash, roll the dice on Wall Street like a financial wizard on Caffine/Chai high—throw in some wild calls and puts. Win, and I’m practically sipping champagne with the gods. Lose, no sweat; I’d still strut into the MBA scene with a startup tale that’d make even the professors chuckle. It’s like playing Monopoly, but with real money and a chance to be the unexpected class clown at business school. Posted from my mobile device

LMAO
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Lol, makes sense.

Tbh, MBA isn’t a way out for me. It’s something I’ve wanted since quite sometime now (7 years tbh). MBA I’ve understood is an experience (outside India ofc) more than a degree.

Also, getting an investment is not such big of an issue. I’ve been making pitches since the last 6 months and I had nothing. But, it was because of the way I was pitching. I’ve learnt quite a bit in these last 6-8 months.

Thank you folks for the insights tho. I hope I did try to lighten the mood a bit.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
SidJ09 wrote:
Lol, makes sense. Tbh, MBA isn’t a way out for me. It’s something I’ve wanted since quite sometime now (7 years tbh). MBA I’ve understood is an experience (outside India ofc) more than a degree. Also, getting an investment is not such big of an issue. I’ve been making pitches since the last 6 months and I had nothing. But, it was because of the way I was pitching. I’ve learnt quite a bit in these last 6-8 months. Thank you folks for the insights tho. I hope I did try to lighten the mood a bit.

I see.

TLDR: If we both attend the program, you’ll need to teach me a trick or two around fundraising LOL
Intern
Intern
Send PM
MBACandidate2024 wrote:
SidJ09 wrote:
Lol, makes sense. Tbh, MBA isn’t a way out for me. It’s something I’ve wanted since quite sometime now (7 years tbh). MBA I’ve understood is an experience (outside India ofc) more than a degree. Also, getting an investment is not such big of an issue. I’ve been making pitches since the last 6 months and I had nothing. But, it was because of the way I was pitching. I’ve learnt quite a bit in these last 6-8 months. Thank you folks for the insights tho. I hope I did try to lighten the mood a bit.

I see.

TLDR: If we both attend the program, you’ll need to teach me a trick or two around fundraising LOL

Us bro us

Manager
Manager
Send PM
Question for y’all: do we know when we need to commit our security deposit, and ultimately commit to the program?

I applied Round 2 for Dartmouth Tuck and won’t be able to hear my decision until March 14th...
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  23   24   25   26   27  ...  40   
Moderator:
Johnson, CBS, and McDonough Moderator
3 posts