GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 23 Sep 2018, 01:31

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Corporate Lawyer from India

new topic post reply Update application status  
Intern
Intern
CAT Tests
Corporate Lawyer from India  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 05 Mar 2018, 12:31
Hi All,

I am a lawyer from a top 5 law school in India. I hold a dual degree (Bachelor of Socio-Legal Sciences + Bachelor of Law).

Work experience: 3 years.

1. Consultant - EY, Bangalore for 1 year. Work profile- corporate advisory, private equity/funds advisory, tax advisory.

2. Associate Legal Counsel- role of an in-house corporate lawyer with Infosys Limited. Work profile: Negotiations, Deals, Risk strategies and liabilities.

GMAT: 740 GPA: 3.6 plus

Extra curricular: Professional Classical vocalist with 15+ awards from various institutions.

Blogger+ Run an online fashion initiative promoting Indian fashion and brands. Run the team newsletter at work.

Volunteering work: good amount of volunteering and community service including Bharat scouts and guides, Make a difference etc.

Preferential schools: Yale, Stanford, Booth, CMU Tepper, Kelley’s

Significant achievements: 0.1% merit certificate from CBSE; Part of British Council’s “Dreams and Teams” leadership initiative.

Other courses: Hold diplomas from Asian school of cyber laws, World intellectual property organisation.
Completed “Harvard Manage Mentor” modules.

Languages: English, hindi, tamil, Kannada, Telugu, Malayalam and Marathi (7 languages)

Wanted to understand what are my chances to any of my dream schools?

Sent from my iPhone using GMAT Club Forum mobile app

Stratus Admissions Consultant
P
Concentration: Marketing, Organizational Behavior
Schools: Kellogg
GPA: 3.67
Reviews Badge
Re: Corporate Lawyer from India  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 06 Mar 2018, 10:20
Sandhyabiswas93 wrote:
Hi All,

I am a lawyer from a top 5 law school in India. I hold a dual degree (Bachelor of Socio-Legal Sciences + Bachelor of Law).
Hi @Sandhyabiswas93-- thanks for reaching out with your question-- let me answer below.
Work experience: 3 years.

1. Consultant - EY, Bangalore for 1 year. Work profile- corporate advisory, private equity/funds advisory, tax advisory.

2. Associate Legal Counsel- role of an in-house corporate lawyer with Infosys Limited. Work profile: Negotiations, Deals, Risk strategies and liabilities.

GMAT: 740 GPA: 3.6 plus
Strong stats and solid work experience.
Extra curricular: Professional Classical vocalist with 15+ awards from various institutions.

Blogger+ Run an online fashion initiative promoting Indian fashion and brands. Run the team newsletter at work.

Volunteering work: good amount of volunteering and community service including Bharat scouts and guides, Make a difference etc.

Preferential schools: Yale, Stanford, Booth, CMU Tepper, Kelley’s
Good to have a mix of schools here-- what is the theme of how you chose these schools as there is a bit of variety in them.
Significant achievements: 0.1% merit certificate from CBSE; Part of British Council’s “Dreams and Teams” leadership initiative.

Other courses: Hold diplomas from Asian school of cyber laws, World intellectual property organisation.
Completed “Harvard Manage Mentor” modules.

Languages: English, hindi, tamil, Kannada, Telugu, Malayalam and Marathi (7 languages)

Wanted to understand what are my chances to any of my dream schools? To answer this fully-- and this is something that you should reflect upon-- really ask yourself why you need the MBA and what you want to do with it-- as that informs which schools you pick. I can't see a clear theme from your school list. Don't assume just because you have a 740 GMAT that GSB is in reach as the GMAT is more the ticket price-- that allows you to then be considered as you tell your story-- but it has to be a compelling story of what matters most to you and why-- and how your work and life has been built around this theme. Some of the other programs CMU and Kelley I think you are a strong candidate for-- and that Booth, Yale and Stanford will require some research and also more clarity on why this is the right place for you. Stratus has some great resources in helping people to tell those compelling why MBA/Why Now/Why this school stories-- and I encourage you to reach out for a free consult to learn more how we can help you as you go through this process. https://stratusadmissionscounseling.com ... b-visitor/

Donna | StratusMBACounselor | Stratus Admissions Counseling

GMAT Club Bot
Re: Corporate Lawyer from India &nbs [#permalink] 06 Mar 2018, 10:20

Corporate Lawyer from India

new topic post reply Update application status  

Copyright

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions and Privacy Policy| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap