GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 12 Nov 2018, 10:03

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel
Events & Promotions in November
PrevNext
SuMoTuWeThFrSa
Open Detailed Calendar
  • Essential GMAT Time-Management Hacks

November 14, 2018

November 14, 2018

08:00 PM MST

09:00 PM MST

Join the webinar and learn time-management tactics that will guarantee you answer all questions, in all sections, on time. Save your spot today! Nov. 14th at 7 PM PST
  • $450 Tuition Credit & Official CAT Packs FREE

November 15, 2018

November 15, 2018

10:00 PM MST

11:00 PM MST

EMPOWERgmat is giving away the complete Official GMAT Exam Pack collection worth $100 with the 3 Month Pack ($299)

Critical Reasoning - Weekly Revision!

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
TAGS:

Hide Tags

Current Student
V
GMAT 1: 760 Q50 V42
GPA: 3.8
WE: Marketing (Non-Profit and Government)
Critical Reasoning - Weekly Revision!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 23 May 2018, 12:09

For months and years I had this question. How do I answer "I am stuck in my V25-V30. Can you help me to get to V40s" - I used to respond to PMs such as these for a few years, but then I stopped. They were too many, and I got drawn to the MBA side of things. The general piece of advice remained largely similar to everyone struggling with verbal -

Practice Good Questions - Analyze Your Errors - Get Better - Repeat

For theory on verbal topics, I have written literally 100s of articles on different SC and CR concepts but they either get lost in the crowd or are left unread. So I got the idea of creating megathreads. I created 3 giant megathreads on CR, SC, and RC but I always felt that for a regular user, they would seem really complicated and too much work. So when I was thinking about a new verbal project in the summer, I thought about creating a weekly revision thread for verbal concepts. So there we have it :)

Introducing Critical Reasoning Revision - This thread will have most of the resources/articles/readings on Sentence Corrections in the context of GMAT Sentence Correction, and it will also have weekly questions to flex your GMAT muscles. This week we will post 10 questions and next week you can come back for 10 more. We strongly encourage engaging with the questions in the threads, ask questions, tag experts, and overall just kick some serious CR butt.

Mondays - 10 Assumption Questions- last update 29th May 2018
Tuesday - 10 Weaken Questions- last update 30th May 2018
Wednesday - 10 Evaluate Questions- last update 23rd May 2018
Thursday - 10 Inference Questions - Last update 24th May 2018

Have an MBA application Question? ASK ME ANYTHING!

My Stuff: Four Years to 760 | MBA Trends for Indian Applicants

My GMAT Resources
V30-V40: How to do it! | GMATPrep SC | GMATPrep CR | GMATPrep RC | Critical Reasoning Megathread | CR: Numbers and Statistics | CR: Weaken | CR: Strengthen | CR: Assumption | SC: Modifier | SC: Meaning | SC: SV Agreement | RC: Primary Purpose | PS/DS: Numbers and Inequalities | PS/DS: Combinatorics and Coordinates

My MBA Resources
Everything about the MBA Application | Over-Represented MBA woes | Fit Vs Rankings | Low GPA: What you can do | Letter of Recommendation: The Guide | Indian B Schools accepting GMAT score | Why MBA?

My Reviews
How I got into five schools from zero - Applicant Lab Review
Veritas Prep Live Online

Intern
Intern
CAT Tests
Re: Critical Reasoning - Weekly Revision!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 28 May 2018, 02:12
Please help! I am going to take GMAT in September and want to apply to ISB round 2.
Though I am improving in SC and RC but my CR is pathetic. And coz of my poor CR result I am feeling very discouraged. I don’t know why I am finding OG CR way too complicated.

Is the reason could be this that I haven’t studied any book like power score CR or Manhattan CR? Though I have rough idea about what is a Premise , counter premise , assumption, conclusion , keywords etc.

Do only I am finding OG CR tough or is it common for many to find it difficult ?

Sent from my iPhone using GMAT Club Forum mobile app
Manager
Manager
B
Concentration: Strategy, Operations
WE: Business Development (Other)
CAT Tests

Show Tags

New post 19 Jun 2018, 20:23
Hello souvik101990 -

Are we not posting more weekly questions now - ??
Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 25 Jun 2018, 11:49
Hi souvik101990:
I write GMAT in a month. Im stuck with Q47 and V31. My main issue i believe is the timing in RC and its accuracy which is less sometimes less than 40% im getting better at SC and CR with 80-90% accuracy but RC takes all the time and also makes me leave the last 4-5 questions because of time.. This is the reason my scores are plummeting. Now I cant really spend a lot of time in RC, but do you have any tips on how to improve on this because for the next 2 weeks im going to focus on my quant which i believe I can improve and this 47 score is literally without any preperation.. So could you please help me with this RC. I kind of keep losing you in the crowd but hope you see this.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using GMAT Club Forum mobile app
Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 25 Jun 2018, 11:54
Hi emarkgmat, I think you should buy the powercore GMAT, I feel it has the best strategy on acing the CR questions. Honestly, it is coming from someone who used to have less than 30% accuracy, now to 90%. It tells you the way you think for each question type. I cant stress the importance of how important that is in CR.
As a side note I see you improve in RC, any ideas how do you improve on it as that is my weakest section. Anyway, all the best!

Manager
Manager
B
Concentration: Leadership, Operations
GPA: 3.56
WE: Engineering (Computer Software)

Show Tags

New post 22 Aug 2018, 02:39
Manang wrote:
Hi emarkgmat, I think you should buy the powercore GMAT, I feel it has the best strategy on acing the CR questions. Honestly, it is coming from someone who used to have less than 30% accuracy, now to 90%. It tells you the way you think for each question type. I cant stress the importance of how important that is in CR.
As a side note I see you improve in RC, any ideas how do you improve on it as that is my weakest section. Anyway, all the best!

Powerscore Bible is good and have worked for many. However, I find Aristotle CR grail the most useful one. For RC too they have a good one. In all, Aristotle books are the best for Verbal.

The Graceful
----------------------------------------------------------
Every EXPERT was a beginner once...
Don't look at the clock. Do what it does, keep going
To achieve great things, two things are needed:a plan and not quite enough time - Leonard Bernstein.

Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 25 Aug 2018, 01:12
Hi souvik101990,

Thanks for these weekly questions, any chance we will get any updates on it? :geek:
GMAT Club Bot
Re: Critical Reasoning - Weekly Revision! &nbs [#permalink] 25 Aug 2018, 01:12

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  

Copyright

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions and Privacy Policy| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap