It is currently 19 Feb 2018, 03:50

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Deferring the admissions

  new topic post reply Update application status  
Author Message
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 28 Nov 2016
Posts: 2
Deferring the admissions [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 30 Mar 2017, 12:46
Hello,

I am admitted to Mccombs. But I would like to defer my admission by an year due to some family issues and finances. Does anyone know the policy to do defer the admission?

Thanks
2 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 30 Nov 2015
Posts: 37
Location: United States (TX)
Concentration: Social Entrepreneurship, General Management
GMAT 1: 660 Q39 V41
GPA: 3.15
WE: Sales (Consumer Products)
Re: Deferring the admissions [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 30 Mar 2017, 12:55
2
This post received
KUDOS
I deferred last year. I had to submit a letter (via email) to the Director of Admissions with my request and reason for deferral. They'll either approve or decline the request. If approved, they'll walk you through the steps necessary.

You will have to pay a deposit this year and a second deposit next year when you actually enroll - all of it goes towards tuition costs but is non-refundable.

Hope this helps!
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 07 Apr 2015
Posts: 9
Location: Viet Nam
Re: Deferring the admissions [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 01 Apr 2017, 02:18
lily2true wrote:
I deferred last year. I had to submit a letter (via email) to the Director of Admissions with my request and reason for deferral. They'll either approve or decline the request. If approved, they'll walk you through the steps necessary.

You will have to pay a deposit this year and a second deposit next year when you actually enroll - all of it goes towards tuition costs but is non-refundable.

Hope this helps!


Hi lily2true, could you kindly share when approximately you requested the deferral. Thanks!
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 30 Nov 2015
Posts: 37
Location: United States (TX)
Concentration: Social Entrepreneurship, General Management
GMAT 1: 660 Q39 V41
GPA: 3.15
WE: Sales (Consumer Products)
Re: Deferring the admissions [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 01 Apr 2017, 13:07
tungkelvin wrote:
lily2true wrote:
I deferred last year. I had to submit a letter (via email) to the Director of Admissions with my request and reason for deferral. They'll either approve or decline the request. If approved, they'll walk you through the steps necessary.

You will have to pay a deposit this year and a second deposit next year when you actually enroll - all of it goes towards tuition costs but is non-refundable.

Hope this helps!


Hi lily2true, could you kindly share when approximately you requested the deferral. Thanks!


I made the request a couple of days before the enrollment decision deadline.
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 07 Apr 2015
Posts: 9
Location: Viet Nam
Re: Deferring the admissions [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 04 Apr 2017, 08:23
lily2true wrote:
tungkelvin wrote:
lily2true wrote:
I deferred last year. I had to submit a letter (via email) to the Director of Admissions with my request and reason for deferral. They'll either approve or decline the request. If approved, they'll walk you through the steps necessary.

You will have to pay a deposit this year and a second deposit next year when you actually enroll - all of it goes towards tuition costs but is non-refundable.

Hope this helps!


Hi lily2true, could you kindly share when approximately you requested the deferral. Thanks!


I made the request a couple of days before the enrollment decision deadline.


Thanks for your response.

When is the enrollment decision deadline? Is this the deposit deadline? I just sent a deferral request today. Not sure whether it is too late or not. Thanks!
Re: Deferring the admissions   [#permalink] 04 Apr 2017, 08:23
Display posts from previous: Sort by

Deferring the admissions

  new topic post reply Update application status  


GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap

Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group | Emoji artwork provided by EmojiOne

Kindly note that the GMAT® test is a registered trademark of the Graduate Management Admission Council®, and this site has neither been reviewed nor endorsed by GMAC®.