It is currently 22 Sep 2017, 06:43

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Directory of MBA Applicant Blogs

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
TAGS:

Hide Tags

4 KUDOS received
MBA Blogger
B

Kudos [?]: 47 [4], given: 56

Concentration: Strategy, Technology
WE: Analyst (Computer Software)
Re: Directory of MBA Applicant Blogs [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 15 Aug 2014, 00:00
This post received
KUDOS
This post was
BOOKMARKED
FROM Pro GMAT: Independence Day of India: Facts and Figures

Yeah!! Today is Independence day of India. Congratulation to all Indians and all who are reading this post. India is celebrating 68th Independence Day today (15th August). A country to love, to respect, to care, to be the first and best. Few of the major mathematics, which we use in our daily life (specially GMAT aspirant) was discovered in India. Let us learn some facts about my Country.

• India never invaded any country in her last 100000 years of history.
  • The name ‘India‘ is derived from the River Indus, the valleys around which were the home of the early settlers. The Aryan worshippers referred to the river Indus as the Sindhu.
  • Chess was invented in India.
  • Algebra, Trigonometry and Calculus also originated in India. Quadratic Equations were used by Sridharacharya in the 11th century. The largest numbers the Greeks and the Romans used were 106 whereas Hindus used numbers as big as 10*53 (i.e. 10 to the power of 53) with specific names as early as 5000 B.C.during the Vedic period. Even today, the largest used number is Terra: 10*12(10 to the power of 12).
  • The ‘Place Value System‘ and the ‘Decimal System‘ were developed in India in 100 B.C.
  • The World’s First Granite Temple is the Brihadeswara Temple at Tanjavur, Tamil Nadu. The shikhara of the temple is made from a single 80-tonne piece of granite. This magnificent temple was built in just five years, (between 1004 AD and 1009 AD) during the reign of Rajaraja Chola.
  • India is the largest democracy in the world, the 7th largest Country in the world, and one of the most ancient civilizations.
  • The world’s highest cricket ground is in Chail, Himachal Pradesh. Built in 1893 after leveling a hilltop, this cricket pitch is 2444 meters above sea level.
  • The game of Snakes & Ladders was created by the 13th century poet-saint Gyandev. It was originally called ‘Mokshapat’. The ladders in the game represented virtues and the snakes indicated vices. The game was played with cowrie shells and dices. In time, the game underwent several modifications, but its meaning remained the same, i.e. good deeds take people to heaven and evil to a cycle of rebirths.
  • The largest employer in India is the Indian Railways, employing over a million people.
  • India has the largest number of Post Offices in the world.
  • The world’s first university was established in Takshila in 700 BC. More than 10,500 students from all over the world studied more than 60 subjects. The University of Nalanda built-in the 4th century was one of the greatest achievements of ancient India in the field of education.
  • Ayurveda is the earliest school of medicine known to mankind. The Father of Medicine, Charaka, consolidated Ayurveda 2500 years ago.
  • India was one of the richest countries till the time of British rule in the early 17th Century. Christopher Columbus, attracted by India’s wealth, had come looking for a sea route to India when he discovered America by mistake.
  • The Art of Navigation & Navigating was born in the river Sindh over 6000 years ago. The very word Navigation is derived from the Sanskrit word ‘NAVGATIH‘. The word navy is also derived from the Sanskrit word ‘Nou’.
  • Bhaskaracharya rightly calculated the time taken by the earth to orbit the Sun hundreds of years before the astronomer Smart. According to his calculation, the time taken by the Earth to orbit the Sun was 365.258756484 days.
  • The value of “pi” was first calculated by the Indian Mathematician Budhayana, and he explained the concept of what is known as the Pythagorean Theorem. He discovered this in the 6th century, long before the European mathematicians.
  • Until 1896, India was the only source of diamonds in the world.
  • The Baily Bridge is the highest bridge in the world. It is located in the Ladakh valley between the Dras and Suru rivers in the Himalayan mountains. It was built by the Indian Army in August 1982.
  • Sushruta is regarded as the Father of Surgery. Over 2600 years ago Sushruta & his team conducted complicated surgeries like cataract, artificial limbs, cesarean, fractures, urinary stones, plastic surgery and brain surgeries.
  • Usage of anaesthesia was well-known in ancient Indian medicine. Detailed knowledge of anatomy, embryology, digestion, metabolism,physiology, etiology, genetics and immunity is also found in many ancient Indian texts.
  • India exports software to 90 countries.
  • The four religions born in India – Hinduism, Buddhism, Jainism, and Sikhism, are followed by 25% of the world’s population. Jainism and Buddhism were founded in India in 600 B.C. and 500 B.C. respectively.
  • There are 300,000 active mosques in India, more than in any other country, including the Muslim world.
  • The oldest European church and synagogue in India are in the city of Cochin. They were built-in 1503 and 1568 respectively.
  • Jews and Christians have lived continuously in India since 200 B.C. and 52 A.D. respectively
  • The largest religious building in the world is Angkor Wat, a Hindu Temple in Cambodia built at the end of the 11th century.
  • The Vishnu Temple in the city of Tirupathi built-in the 10th century, is the world’s largest religious pilgrimage destination. Larger than either Rome or Mecca, an average of 30,000 visitors donate $6 million (US) to the temple everyday.
  • Varanasi, also known as Benaras, was called “the Ancient City” when Lord Buddha visited it in 500 B.C., and is the oldest, continuously inhabited city in the world today.
  • His Holiness, the Dalai Lama, the exiled spiritual leader of Tibetan Buddhists, runs his government in exile from Dharmashala in northern India.
  • Martial Arts were first created in India, and later spread to Asia by Buddhist missionaries.
  • Yoga has its origins in India and has existed for over 5,000 years.
Proud to be an Indian.

:)

Filed under: General Post Tagged: Algebra, Facts, Geometry, GMAT, India, Mathematics, Trigonometry Image
ForumBlogs - GMAT Club’s latest feature blends timely Blog entries with forum discussions. Now GMAT Club Forums incorporate all relevant information from Student, Admissions blogs, Twitter, and other sources in one place. You no longer have to check and follow dozens of blogs, just subscribe to the relevant topics and forums on GMAT club or follow the posters and you will get email notifications when something new is posted. Add your blog to the list! and be featured to over 300,000 unique monthly visitors

KUDOS please!! If it helped. :)
Warm Regards.
Visit My Blog

Kudos [?]: 47 [4], given: 56

Expert Post
2 KUDOS received
Founder
Founder
P

Kudos [?]: 27950 [2], given: 5051

GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member CAT Tests

Show Tags

New post 15 Aug 2014, 08:59
This post received
KUDOS
Expert's post
Very interesting! Thank you for sharing! Great legacy!

Founder of GMAT Club

GMAT Club's Special offer for Student Loans only through Aug 31 - New!
Just starting out with GMAT? Start here... or use our Daily Study Plan

Co-author of the GMAT Club tests

Kudos [?]: 27950 [2], given: 5051

MBA Blogger
B

Kudos [?]: 47 [0], given: 56

Show Tags

New post 15 Aug 2014, 11:00
FROM Pro GMAT: MBA Because

Today, while going around some university webpages, a question came to my mind. Why I am doing this? The question which strikes everyones mind sometime, somewhere. It striked me 2-3 time, so thought of writing it down.

I have a good job, salary, family, friends, environment, a recent promotion. Then why MBA?

http://wp.me/p4UgGq-3C

Ok lets go to the past first. My father was a Senior manager in a multinational bank. He used to wake up in morning and leave for the office by 8:30 AM something. He worked at very different locations with most flexibility. When I was in my early school days, I used to visit him in his office (during my holidays) and try to understand that what type of work he does in his office. I used to roam around in office and check every clerk, managers, office boys to see what type of work they do, how they manage the financial work, how can I help them.

During my under-graduation, I always used to look around for some managerial activities happening in my surroundings. I used to search for opportunities which could be managed by me. Sometimes, I used to dress up like managers and go to lectures halls. Finally I served as a chief of cultural at my college.

During my current job, my habit of checking the management did not go away. Instead of being the hard core coder and reaching the milestone of best coder of the company (that is not possible at initial stage) or best coder of the century (some people liked coding much that they skipped their honeymoon for the code issues, very strange), **Though I was promoted to senior level a few weeks before, not for being the best coder but for being a good manager of thing what ever was assigned** I try to indulge myself in different activities that happen in my surroundings (like initiatives of database creation for the whole account or from managing the billability for the account or the initiative of being the lead of my team for mobile application development competition). I worked with my manager on many issues which he was dealing with.

I don’t know but somehow I love management. I love to take initiatives and new assignments related to management and complete them on time. Being at my current position, where i get most of my tasks as a coder, and most of my day goes for finding the issue, I don’t think this is what I want. No doubt that I will be a manager in next few years (6 years minimum), but that is a very long time to be at a position where I wanted to be. It cannot give me a career growth that I want.  And coding is also not my first love (Though I got promoted for Coding along with other tasks).

This thought gives me a reason of moving forward and answer to my question. Why MBA? and I answer it like “WHY NOT“. :)

Listen to your heart <3. It knows Everything.      - paulo coelho 
Filed under: General Post Tagged: Analysis, AWA, GMAT, Inspiration, MBA, Preparation Image
ForumBlogs - GMAT Club’s latest feature blends timely Blog entries with forum discussions. Now GMAT Club Forums incorporate all relevant information from Student, Admissions blogs, Twitter, and other sources in one place. You no longer have to check and follow dozens of blogs, just subscribe to the relevant topics and forums on GMAT club or follow the posters and you will get email notifications when something new is posted. Add your blog to the list! and be featured to over 300,000 unique monthly visitors

Warm Regards.
Visit My Blog

1 KUDOS received
Current Student

Kudos [?]: 88 [1], given: 62

GMAT ToolKit User Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 16 Aug 2014, 06:00
This post received
KUDOS
FROM TopDogMBA - A Reapplicant's Tail: Revolution 1
Along time has passed with radio silence on my side (I’m picking up a bit of a theme among applicant bloggers at the moment!). Like most of you, I’m deep into my applications and – I’m sorry to say – even a few minutes typing a post had been demoted while I worked on getting my first essays drafted.

Fortunately, my application strategy is taking shape. Here’s how it looks:

It’s definitely not perfect – and arguably I could’ve put that hour dabbling in Excel to better use – but it’s designed to make the initial writing phase tough so I can spend more time polishing up the later drafts. I’ve also dived into the essays without planning to write specifically about the school itself.

So, for example, despite Wharton’s Essay 1 prompt ‘What do you hope to gain both personally and professionally from the Wharton MBA?’, I’ve left out any reference to Wharton for the time being and focused on the personal and professional gains, and why I need an MBA.

Obviously the Wharton angle will have to be introduced in the next edit, but it helped to simplify the first draft and encouraged me to start writing rather than doing my research and trying to nail a ‘perfect’ first draft.

Hopefully, you have figured out your own system that works for you. I’m definitely a proponent of starting to write earlier than you think you need to – those weeks and months to submission are flying by! In case you need any further influence to get started there are some pretty good resources from b schools and consultants for free out there (more on this in my next post).

Verba volant, scripta manent (up to 20 posts now!)

TopDogMBA - A Reapplicant's Tail - http://topdogmba.com/

Kudos [?]: 88 [1], given: 62

2 KUDOS received
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
B

Kudos [?]: 192 [2], given: 130

Concentration: Marketing, Strategy
GMAT 1: 690 Q49 V34
GMAT 2: 670 Q49 V33
GPA: 3.6
WE: Brand Management (Retail)
GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 16 Aug 2014, 14:00
This post received
KUDOS
FROM Farhanc85: Finally a 700!!!!
After 14 Mocks and almost 10 months I scored a 700. I am afraid it might be too little too late. Anyways key takeaway was, I wasn't at all stressed today and was focused only on problem. Trying to actually imagine them. Q49 and V37, well lets see where I max out before 4th Sept.

On the research front, I am completely focused on INSEAD right now. Speaking to current students, students entering Jan 2015 Batch and also few alums. Everyone has got a story and the most common theme from each of their stories is "Its a transformational experience". I believe that should be the theme of my essays. Till now I am just creating an outline for the essays, need to start writing asap.

Fellow applicants have already started submitting their apps.

4th Sept GMAT, 26th Sept INSEAD submission.

Wish me luck

Cheers

Cheers
Farhan

My Blog - Student for Life ( Oxford MBA)

Kudos [?]: 192 [2], given: 130

Expert Post
1 KUDOS received
Founder
Founder
P

Kudos [?]: 27950 [1], given: 5051

GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member CAT Tests

Show Tags

New post 16 Aug 2014, 14:12
This post received
KUDOS
Expert's post
farhanc85 wrote:
FROM Farhanc85: Finally a 700!!!!
After 14 Mocks and almost 10 months I scored a 700. I am afraid it might be too little too late. Anyways key takeaway was, I wasn't at all stressed today and was focused only on problem. Trying to actually imagine them. Q49 and V37, well lets see where I max out before 4th Sept.

On the research front, I am completely focused on INSEAD right now. Speaking to current students, students entering Jan 2015 Batch and also few alums. Everyone has got a story and the most common theme from each of their stories is "Its a transformational experience". I believe that should be the theme of my essays. Till now I am just creating an outline for the essays, need to start writing asap.

Fellow applicants have already started submitting their apps.

4th Sept GMAT, 26th Sept INSEAD submission.

Wish me luck

Cheers

Congratulations and Good Luck

Founder of GMAT Club

GMAT Club's Special offer for Student Loans only through Aug 31 - New!
Just starting out with GMAT? Start here... or use our Daily Study Plan

Co-author of the GMAT Club tests

Kudos [?]: 27950 [1], given: 5051

Haas Thread Master

Kudos [?]: 43 [0], given: 139

Concentration: Strategy, Economics
Schools: HBS '18 (M)

Show Tags

New post 17 Aug 2014, 09:00
FROM LTN99: Words to live by -
Dear B-School applicants,

Keep this in mind for the next couple of months.

LTN

Kudos [?]: 43 [0], given: 139

2 KUDOS received
MBA Blogger
B

Kudos [?]: 47 [2], given: 56

Show Tags

New post 18 Aug 2014, 09:01
This post received
KUDOS
FROM Pro GMAT: Productive Me: The Morning Mantra
An individual’s success depends upon his/her ability to be productive. Being productive means not to devote your maximum time to the task, but to get most out of your time that was spent on the task. It may be a day, an hour, a minute or a moment. Most of the creative people doesn’t spend 10s of hours on a thing and get the idea, but they generate the idea when they are most productive during the day, that is directly proportional to their success. The same funda is applied not only to creative people but to each and every one of us. Everyone had the best time once in their lifetime when they were most productive and got most out of their time they spent on something. From last few weeks, I am also trying to figure out the best time to study for me.

Experiments that I did to study and results:

• Waking up at 5:00 AM and studying —> Felt sleepy for around 1-2 hours. o_O
  • Waking up at 6:00AM, than 30 min of exercise —> Best. Fealt very active. :twisted: :arrow: :star:
  • Waking up at 8:00 AM and study —> No mood to study till 10AM. :/
  • Break free study(4 hrs continuous) and followed by 30min break —> Total brain loss & drained. :evil:
  • Studying till 12:00 AM —> Was productive but less than morning and also resulted in waking up late the next morning. :idea:
  • Studying at the park —> Just fun, no study. Distractive. :?
  • Studying at the rooftop —-> I love being at the rooftop. Was enjoying the wind instead of my books. :D
I found that the best productive time for me is the Morning time. My brain is most active in morning to focus on the things I want to and during evening it becomes least active. Waking up at 6:00 AM, doing some exercise and then studying for next 4 hours with a break after every one hour is more productive. During this time, study table becomes my best companion. And having fruit juices adds some of the energy which I shell out during exercise and brain-discharge during studies. During other times, i was not completely focused on my task. And studying at the rooftop and at the park was completely waste of time.

Making a small experiment and finding the best time could be the break-through mantra for anyone, who wants best out of their time. Few things to focus upon:

• Try to change your schedule for a day and notice the change.
  • Check when are you most busy during the whole day and when you did your best work.
  • Ask your friends if they can tell you when the last time you were most active.
  • Check the focus. If frequent break helps or long hours of study.
  • Track your time and feelings. When you felt most productive, note that time and make a schedule accordingly.
So make a schedule for yourself today and get most out of your time.
Yes, it helps.

Filed under: General Post Tagged: Analysis, Inspiration, Journey, Study Image

Warm Regards.
Visit My Blog

Kudos [?]: 47 [2], given: 56

BSchool Forum Moderator

Kudos [?]: 192 [0], given: 145

Concentration: Strategy, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V38
GMAT 2: 710 Q47 V41
GPA: 3.7
WE: Corporate Finance (Aerospace and Defense)

Show Tags

New post 19 Aug 2014, 05:00
FROM Grant Me Admission: My Journey to 760 (Part 4) – Judgement Day
*This is part of a series on my journey to get a 760. Part 1, Part 2 & Part 3 can be found here. With less than…Image

Current Student

Kudos [?]: 38 [0], given: 26

Concentration: Technology
Schools: Anderson '18 (M)
GMAT 1: 710 Q47 V40
WE: Information Technology (Internet and New Media)

Show Tags

New post 20 Aug 2014, 00:00
FROM Pulling That MBA Trigger: Well, it’s been a while!
Hello everyone! It’s been nearly 10 days since I last posted and a lot has happened since then. It’s amazing how 10 days can be a lifetime in this process, because I feel like a lot has changed in such an insignificant amount of time. First off, I attended a Fuqua information session last Sunday, hosted by Jake Kiser and I was not disappointed. Although I felt like I already knew most of what was being said, simply because I’ve spent hours reading the website and student blogs, it was interesting to see the kind of people Fuqua looks for. The session was attended by four local alumni as well and they were able to give a lot of context to slightly abstract terms like “Team Fuqua”, “collaboration” and “giving back to the community”.

The turnout was far higher than I expected, but suffice to say, a lot of the questions asked were cringe worthy. But Jake and the alumni were really nice and answered everything with a lot of juicy anecdotes and stories. Before this session, I was already fond of Duke simply because I heard so much about it from my family friend. The way he described it just made me feel like it was the right place for me. After this session, I just fell in love with Fuqua even more.

I feel very reassured about my decision to apply Early Action to Fuqua because I can’t wait to be a part of this family. I love basketball (I played for my school’s women’s basketball team) and so the more I hear about the Blue Devils, the more I want to watch them play. Also Campout! Fuqua Friday! Climbing the wall! Gah. I just want to get into Fuqua and be done with the entire process already. Yale comes close, but not as close as Fuqua already is to my heart. I don’t want to put all my eggs in one basket though, so I’m trying to be more rational about this and split my time between schools equally.

I have a list of 30 things for my “25 Random Things” essay which I need to cut down. I’m quite happy with my list because it pretty much describes me as a person. When it comes to the “Why Fuqua” essay, I’m trying not get too poetic and dreamy because I just sound like a love-struck idiot… but that may not necessarily be a bad thing.

Hope y’alls GMAT prep is going well! I’m getting a head start on my Southern accent :D

Kudos [?]: 38 [0], given: 26

MBA Blogger
B

Show Tags

New post 20 Aug 2014, 07:00
FROM Pro GMAT: MBA Because
Today, while going around some university webpages, a question came to my mind. Why I am doing this? The question which strikes everyones mind sometime, somewhere. It striked me 2-3 time, so thought of writing it down. I have a … Continue reading →Image

Warm Regards.
Visit My Blog

MBA Blogger
B

Show Tags

New post 20 Aug 2014, 07:00
FROM Pro GMAT: Productive Me: The Morning Mantra
An individual’s success depends upon his/her ability to be productive. Being productive means not to devote your maximum time to the task, but to get most out of your time that was spent on the task. It may be a day, an hour, … Continue reading →Image

Warm Regards.
Visit My Blog

BSchool Forum Moderator

Show Tags

New post 20 Aug 2014, 10:01
FROM Grant Me Admission: How to get a 6.0 on AWA
I used this guide last time, and only reviewed AWA once the night before my test. I ended up getting a 6.0. I hope this is…Image

Current Student

Kudos [?]: 88 [0], given: 62

Show Tags

New post 20 Aug 2014, 13:00
FROM TopDogMBA - A Reapplicant's Tail: Think for yourself – multiball!
I hope the following resources will be useful for anyone attempting to draft their essays for INSEAD, MIT Sloan and Wharton.

INSEAD

Admissionado – Insider’s Guide (Article)

Admissionado – Insider’s Guide (YouTube video)

INSEAD Entrepreneurship Forum (Presentations from May 2013 event)

MIT Sloan

Admissionado  – Essay Analysis

MIT Sloan Admissions YouTube Channel

MIT Sloan Admissions – Essay 1

MIT Sloan Admissions – Essay 2

MIT Sloan Admissions – Optional Essay

Wharton

Admissionado – Essay Analysis

General

Admissionado YouTube Channel (Tips and Guides on various b schools)

G

Kudos [?]: 1357 [0], given: 262

GMAT 1: 680 Q47 V34
GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member Reviews Badge CAT Tests

Show Tags

New post 21 Aug 2014, 05:01
FROM GNPTH: Preparing for the GMAT battle!!

Quote: A good start is half battle won!!!

I initially planned to start my preparation in June for my GMAT. And I did study for a week or two. But as the biggest sporting event in the world started in Brazil, so I had to stop my preparation as I will be watching most of football matches and considering the above quote, I wanted to give a good start to my preparation this time. During this whole month of football carnival, I had changed my baseline dates for my GMAT project, starting with Quant from July 21st.

It was a good journey till now. Even though I’m pretty much strong in my math basics. I started with fundamentals for a day, to make my basement more stronger. As far as my preparation materials are concerned, I’m using Veritas Prep 12 booklets + On Demand and Magoosh Premium membership.

A small insight about these two materials.

Veritas Prep : Each book contains the skill builders, skill builder quiz (Online), Lessons and Homework Problems. The Veritas prep recommends its students to finish the skill builder first and then start with the lessons. What I like about the lessons is that, each topic discussed with GMAT like problem and the learning by doing method is really good for beginners who wanted to learn the nuances in these topics. I use On-Demand videos (NOTE: It contains the same problem discussed in the book, but only difference is audio-visual that you get.) for revision of the topic, before I go to sleep each day, this makes me remember more about these specific topics and Skills required to solve the GMAT problems. The homework problems will be there at the end after the lesson chapters. But you will get only OA. If you need OE, you need to login to Student account online to see the explanation. Also you can take the practice problem online as well. Only advantage is the timer that runs in the bottom of each question, so you can practice with time online.

Magoosh : I feel it is most cheapest and value for money product, as you get full support from the staffs for less than $100. And Video lessons are really good with great explanations on the problems. I go through both Veritas Prep and Magoosh when I take up the topics, to see which one has more details in each topic. For example: Certain topics are not covered fully in Veritas and when I feel I need more review of that topic, I would use Magoosh and Vice-Versa.

Both the courses come with enormous amount of practice problems and mock tests. I believe there are 5 mocks in Magoosh (it depends on how many quizzes you take, as both are from same pool), and 12 mocks in Veritas prep.

Now, onto my preparation. I started with Arithmetic and took a week to complete it including the homework problems and normally when I’m done with homework problem from Veritas, I would go to Magoosh and do some 25-30 problems on the same topic. I had almost 87 % of accuracy on the problems in Arithmetics.

Algebra, was next as per my calendar. I always loved algebra. Same way just like Arithmetics, I took all 5 weekdays to complete everything in Algebra. And dedicated my whole weekends for practicing the problems.

Normally on Weekdays, I normally study the theory and finish the skill builders and lessons from both Veritas and Magoosh. Then on my weekends I would do the practice problems (Homework problems in Veritas + Magoosh Quizzes). That’s how my preparation is till now.

But my Achilles heals from my high school has been Combinations and Permutations.
What a Shame!!!.

I would mostly score full marks in other sections but these two has been my nightmare. I had failed few times in my high school on these two sections. I have put 1 week each for combinations and probability, but it was not fruitful as my accuracy was just around 60% in these two sections on practice problems and homework.

So I decided, I would complete other two books & lessons (DS & Word Problems) from both Magoosh and Veritas. And I have done that this week. Now I will give my full commitment to Combinations and Probability next week. And will incorporate Mike’s(Magoosh Instructor) suggestion on how to use the right brain to tackle these 2 sections.

Well, Thanks Mike. I hope I’ll improve on these sections.

Magoosh interactive dashboard has estimated my score in Quant to be in the range of 46-49. Probably due the fact that in combinations and probability, I got 4 questions wrong for every 10 questions I attended. No estimates for verbal, as I did not start my verbal preparation. I will start the preparation by September 2nd week.

As of now, the plan is to get my ground strong in Probability and Combinations in next week. And the week after(Sep 1st week), I will be practicing the whole Quant’s section(For practice- I will be using Princeton Review 1037 problems book, GMAT Club test, Bunuel’s signature Collections, Jeff’s Challenge series and of course OG Review and OG Quant’s Review). Once done with practice, on weekend planning take one Mock test, to see where I stand in Quant.

Until Next time,
Gnpth.

Become a GMAT Club Premium member to avail lot of discounts

Kudos [?]: 1357 [0], given: 262

Current Student

Kudos [?]: 62 [0], given: 11

Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Strategy
GMAT 1: 610 Q47 V28
GMAT 2: 650 Q45 V32
GMAT 3: 710 Q47 V40
WE: Consulting (Consulting)

Show Tags

New post 21 Aug 2014, 06:00
FROM Naija MBA Gal: One Month to go
Overwhelmed? Not me! So Me. In exactly one month, I intend to click send on my Sloan Applications but at this moment it is all over the place as are my emotions and thoughts. I have spent more hours working this week than I spent on every other thing put together. I really am not complaining […]Image

My Journey: http://naijambagal.wordpress.com/

Kudos [?]: 62 [0], given: 11

BSchool Forum Moderator

Show Tags

New post 21 Aug 2014, 07:00
FROM Grant Me Admission: How to put together a KILLER recommendation package!
  Last week I detailed how I asked for my recommendations(and was thankfully successful). Being a bit of a “planner,” I wanted to make sure that…Image

Current Student

Show Tags

New post 22 Aug 2014, 14:00
FROM TopDogMBA - A Reapplicant's Tail: A(nother) taste of honey
Another thousand hits, another opportunity to say thank you to my fans(!) and post a picture of the real ‘Top Dog’.

This time she’s looking a little sad as she thought she was getting a walk but I got distracted with my essay drafting …yet again!

Please also check out my Twitter feed (@topdogmba). It has lots of current b school and social entrepreneurship articles that have caught my eye.

Oh, and a big drum roll for GrantMeAdmission and texaswannabecali as they prepare for their GMAT exam. Best of British to both of you!

BSchool Forum Moderator

Show Tags

New post 23 Aug 2014, 10:00
FROM Grant Me Admission: My Journey to 760 (Part 5) – 710 AGAIN
*This is part of a series on my journey to get a 760. Part 1, Part 2, Part 3, & Part 4 can be found here. Results  Despite…Image

Senior Manager
Senior Manager
B

Kudos [?]: 192 [0], given: 130

Concentration: Marketing, Strategy
GMAT 1: 690 Q49 V34
GMAT 2: 670 Q49 V33
GPA: 3.6
WE: Brand Management (Retail)

Show Tags

New post 23 Aug 2014, 12:00
FROM Farhanc85: In sickness and in health
It has been more than a week since I blogged or studied according to my plan. Last week has been crazy. A big portfolio at work, lot of changes in organization structure and getting that dreadful cold. I tried really hard to make the most of my saturday but wasn't able to continuously look at my laptop. I hate this cold, was supposed to write a test. Sometimes the best of plans go for a toss, all I can do is pull my chin up and move on.

4th september is around the corner, I have lots to catch up at work in terms of understanding the new portfolio, put a structure to our work. I have 3 new people reporting into me now, a new boss and application deadlines staring right at me. I just want to get well soon and manage everything. I just don't want to postpone my GMAT now, I think its getting on my nerves there are lot of other things to work on to improve my candidature.

I hope I will be able to write a mock tomorrow, today I am just revisiting my error logs and watching videos. I might have studied 2 hours where I could have easily managed 8 if not for this cold. Enough ranting now, hopefully tomorrow will be a better day.

Cheers

Cheers
Farhan

My Blog - Student for Life ( Oxford MBA)

Kudos [?]: 192 [0], given: 130

Re: Directory of MBA Applicant Blogs   [#permalink] 23 Aug 2014, 12:00

Go to page   Previous    1  ...  13   14   15   16   17   18   19  ...  45    Next  [ 883 posts ]