Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 16:44 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 16:44

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 40 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Concentration: Finance, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 750 Q48 V46
GPA: 3.02
WE:Engineering (Other)
Send PM
SVP
SVP
Affiliations: U. Chicago, Johns Hopkins, AIGAC
Own Kudos [?]: 192 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Admissionado
Own Kudos [?]: 2061 [0]
Given Kudos: 69
Schools:Brown University, Harvard Business School
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 27 [0]
Given Kudos: 9
Send PM
Re: Do Consultants Work With Someone 1.5 years from Applying? [#permalink]
Of course I do! There's nothing I love more than talking with someone who is interested in pursuing an MBA and helping them plan their future! In fact, when I was the Director of MBA Admissions (before becoming an admissions consultant), I had several students that I worked with for three years before they matriculated to my program.

You are definitely making a wise decision to plan this far in advance. I can work with you not only to help you identify your strengths and develop your strategic application plan, I can also help you position yourself to take advantage of professional opportunities. In turn, those opportunities will help make you a stronger MBA applicant!

Like most MBA Admissions Consultants, I offer a free 30-minute initial consultation. This allows me to learn more about you, and allows you to determine if I'm the right consultant for you. I encourage you to set up a time to talk!

Wendy
VP
VP
Status:Assisting candidates to get admit in to top global business schools
Affiliations: MBA
Own Kudos [?]: 204 [0]
Given Kudos: 8
Schools:HEC, Paris
WE 1: 9 Years
Send PM
Hi,

Please take a minute to review free profile evaluation on our website. The link is https://www.general-ed.com/profile-evaluation.
Le t me know in case of other queries you might have.

Cheers!!
Neha

Devon wrote:
I might have just gotten an internship lined up, and so I'm looking at applying to b-school next fall. I was wondering if consultants work with someone like me that's this far out, obviously not just on the application process but on positioning myself over that time period to get into the best school possible.
MBA Admissions Consultant
Own Kudos [?]: 379 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Send PM
It is definitely an excellent idea to engage with an admission consultant so ahead of time. He/ she will guide you at every step of the way during this one and half year so you can reflect on your strengths/ potential , delve deep into your life experiences to illustrate them, take advantage of the professional opportunities that come your way to strengthen your profile and position it in the best light.
If you have any questions/ doubts, email me at poonam@myessayreview.com . I will be more than happy to work with you.
MBA Admissions Consultant
Affiliations: Harvard Club Lecturer
Own Kudos [?]: 47 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
City: Los Angeles
Schools: Harvard Business School - Class of 1998
Send PM
Expert Reply
At the risk of duplicating some information here, I will say that in my boutique admissions consulting practice, I have 7-10 clients at a time who are in various stages outside of the current application cycle. Some of them are in college and some of them will be applying in 1-2 years based on their age or on determinations we have made about their "readiness".

Working with folks early is a HUGE ADVANTAGE, as it is harder for a consultant to help you materially improve your candidacy when we don't have the proper time. And ideally that is at least 1.5 to 2 years.

Hope that helps!

Alex Leventhal HBS '98
Prep MBA Admissions Consulting
GMAT Club Bot