It is currently 18 Aug 2017, 03:54

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Do You Think I Could Get In?

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Current Student

Kudos [?]: 12 [0], given: 13

Concentration: Strategy, Marketing
GMAT 1: 680 Q44 V38
GMAT 2: 740 Q49 V42
GPA: 3.48
WE: Other (Entertainment and Sports)
Reviews Badge
Re: Do You Think I Could Get In? [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 06 Jan 2016, 15:47
fsloan wrote:
Hello,

Just curious what my chances of getting in with my current profile may be?

Undergrad: Business Finance
School: University of Lethbridge (Mid-Sized Canadian University)
GPA: L2- 4.00
Cumulative- 3.95
GMAT: 640
Employment: Boston Consulting Group (2yrs)
Extra-Curricular: various student leadership positions, research, and some volunteering

Any recommendations as I apply?

Thanks

I'm certainly no expert as I'm applied this year in Round 2 just this weekend - but I think the Deadline for Round 2 is today meaning if you did apply for this year it would have to be Round 3 which I hear makes it significantly harder to get accepted. If you're talking about applying for next time around I would say keep up and build your extracurriculars in the meantime and see if you can get your GMAT up since you have the time and then go for it!

Kudos [?]: 12 [0], given: 13

BSchool Thread Master

Kudos [?]: 43 [0], given: 5

Concentration: Social Entrepreneurship, Healthcare
GMAT 1: 700 Q47 V38
GMAT 2: 700 Q44 V40
GMAT 3: 710 Q44 V42
GPA: 3.3

Show Tags

New post 06 Jan 2016, 15:58
This year or next year?

Your GMAT is low for HBS. It's 90 points below the median and 60 points below the mid-80th percentile range. Only 10% of the HBS class has a GMAT below 700, and yours is 640... that terrain is usually reserved for special cases.

If it's next year, then I'd say retake the GMAT and work on developing your story. If it's R3 this year? Very low chance.

Kudos [?]: 43 [0], given: 5

Expert Post
Veritas Prep Admissions Consultant
S

Kudos [?]: 219 [0], given: 0

Show Tags

New post 07 Jan 2016, 13:17
Nice profile outside of the GMAT, it is pretty low for HBS and most schools in the top 20. You have great work experience and a high GPA so the school will still give you a thorough look but I would recommend delaying your application till you can get it closer to the avg score.

Veritas Prep | Veritas Prep Admissions Consultant

Find the expert who’s right for you. Meet our team!
Veritas Prep Reviews

Kudos [?]: 219 [0], given: 0

Re: Do You Think I Could Get In?   [#permalink] 07 Jan 2016, 13:17