Last visit was: 24 Apr 2024, 11:10 It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 11:10

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Tags:
Find Similar Topics  Add a Tag
Show Tags
Hide Tags
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 38 [0]
Given Kudos: 14
Concentration: Strategy, General Management
Schools: Duke '17 (M)
GMAT 1: 720 Q49 V38
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 65 [0]
Given Kudos: 17
GMAT 1: 710 Q48 V39
WE:Sales (Other)
Send PM
VP
VP
Own Kudos [?]: 592 [0]
Given Kudos: 479
Concentration: Healthcare, Strategy
Schools: Duke '16 (M)
Send PM
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 394 [0]
Given Kudos: 155
GMAT 1: 730 Q52 V37
Send PM
Re: Does the school really matter for recruiting? [#permalink]
As others have said, it's about the quality of the candidate, not the school. It just so happens more MBB caliber students go to the better schools. I go to Tepper (around rank 20) and MBB recruit here as well. We clearly don't compare to Tuck/Fuqua, but it's obvious when you look at the student profiles of those getting MBB internships, they are indeed highly qualified (almost makes me wonder why they decided to choose Tepper). I believe places like McKinsey specifically state that they have no quota whatsoever and that they try to recruit ALL high quality candidates.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 38 [0]
Given Kudos: 14
Concentration: Strategy, General Management
Schools: Duke '17 (M)
GMAT 1: 720 Q49 V38
Send PM
Thanks for your inputs! Revul--To answer your question. I don't really have a number 1. I've tried to keep an open mind about all schools, even Yale SOM, which I am actually having a hard time turning down... I just want to make sure I fully understand what I would be giving up by choosing one school over the other. Based on everyone's opinions, mine included, I guess this is where the "fit" argument comes into play. And being a sports junky and die-hard Duke basketball fan since I was a kid, I am leaning towards Duke even if I do get off the Tuck waitlist. I just want to make sure I'm not overlooking anything
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 17 [0]
Given Kudos: 16
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
Send PM
This is a really interesting topic and something I've thought a lot about too. It's really helpful to hear from current students so thanks for letting us know your thoughts.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 95 [0]
Given Kudos: 12
Send PM
Most of this is quite true, but I will say at Tuck your chances are better of getting into MBB than from Fuqua. Between closed lists, bids, and some international slots, over 100 Tuckies (out of 280) are interviewing with McKinsey, another 80+ with BCG, and 70 with Bain. Per capita-wise, no school is really close. The main difference is if you are a rockstar at either Tuck or Fuqua you will get an interview. If you are average or even above average there is always the chance to be overlooked on the first closed list. 50% of slots at Tuck go to bidders, so in case you are overlooked you can guarantee yourself an interview at your top 2 choices. Just some food for thought.
GMAT Club Bot
Moderator:
Admitted - Which School Forum Moderator
1131 posts