Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 06:05 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 06:05

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
VP
VP
Own Kudos [?]: 592 [0]
Given Kudos: 479
Concentration: Healthcare, Strategy
Schools: Duke '16 (M)
Send PM
VP
VP
Own Kudos [?]: 765 [0]
Given Kudos: 20
Concentration: General Management, Strategy
Schools: Duke (Fuqua) - Class of 2012
Send PM
BSchool Forum Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 178 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
Schools: Duke (Fuqua) - Class of 2014
Send PM
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 132 [0]
Given Kudos: 150
Concentration: Finance
GMAT 1: 700 Q44 V41
GMAT 2: 750 Q48 V46
GPA: 3.03
WE:Project Management (Military & Defense)
Send PM
Re: Duke (Fuqua) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink]
jumsumtak wrote:

I'm talking about a section on Profile Summary on the resume.

When you log into your application there is a sample one page resume in the downloads section. I'm reproducing its profile summary here:

"PROFILE SUMMARY
Diverse experience with a background in customer relationship management, competitive analysis, training and team leadership.
Conducted focus groups and analyzed results as part of a gap analysis. Designed creative marketing strategies that enhanced
promotion of training programs. Managed cross-functional teams that delivered a new product. Seeking an opportunity in Brand
Management"

Also, this is a post-MBA resume.But, don't think it matters much.

Ok I see what you are looking at now. Personally I think it is a lot of wasted space, especially for a business school resume. Everybody knows your goal with your resume is to get into school, you don't need a personal statement to say that.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 53 [0]
Given Kudos: 27
Concentration: Marketing, Healthcare
Schools: Chicago Booth - Class of 2015
GMAT 1: 720 Q49 V40
WE:Engineering (Health Care)
Send PM
Just submitted my application. Nothing left to do but wait :)
VP
VP
Send PM
how long till we hear about interview invites for people who did not visit the campus?
Board of Directors
Given Kudos: 347
Send PM
Expert Reply
jumsumtak wrote:
how long till we hear about interview invites for people who did not visit the campus?

Interview invite dates are posted on the website page with the deadlines. All invites are emailed on that day.

Posted from my mobile device
VP
VP
Send PM
mba2014hopeful wrote:
jumsumtak wrote:

Interview invite dates are posted on the website page with the deadlines. All invites are emailed on that day.

got them. (9 oct.) Earlier I had only seen the notification date. Thanks.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 227 [0]
Schools:UNC Duke Kellogg
 Q50  V44
GPA: 3.28
Send PM
Did anyone get an email saying your EA application is now in the "evaluation stage"?..
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
In for EA! Late night last night. Waiting game now... I wonder if we will start to hear before Oct. 30?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Sorry, should have clarified. I am scheduled to interview during the Open Interview window next week. After that the ball is in admissions court. I guess it is best to assume Oct 30 at 11:59pm ET.

Board of Directors
Given Kudos: 347
Send PM
Expert Reply
jh03e wrote:
Sorry, should have clarified. I am scheduled to interview during the Open Interview window next week. After that the ball is in admissions court. I guess it is best to assume Oct 30 at 11:59pm ET.

In that case, you won't hear back about a decision until the decision date listed on the site (again, this assumes they are not changing their processes from the last few years).

Intern
Intern
Send PM
Great, thanks for the reply! Good luck to everyone!

Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 52 [0]
Given Kudos: 21
GMAT 1: 730 Q47 V44
Send PM
Interviewing at the Fuqua campus this Monday!!! First interview of the b-school season for me. Can't believe how quickly this time has arrived... and yet, decisions seem so far away.
Forecast looks fantastic - low 70's and sunny, 0% chance of rain :)

If anyone will be around on the 24th in the late afternoon / evening and want to explore the area, feel free to send me a PM!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 227 [0]
Schools:UNC Duke Kellogg
 Q50  V44
GPA: 3.28
Send PM
Good luck. I'm told that there always a lot of "team based" questions....but from what I have heard -- The Fuqua interview is quite casual and relaxing. The good thing about the student interviews as opposed to the adcom interviews is that students won't probe too much or jump on inconsistencies..simply because they don't have a lot of experience with interviews (they are going to be just as nervous you because they are representing the school and want to make a great impression on you).

The main thing they are looking for is (and..I have heard this from Fuqua admin)..will you fit into the "team fuqua" culture where everyone looks out for each other.

Ad Com interviews and sometimes alumni interviews can be far more brutal.

Let us know how it goes.

OjilEye wrote:
Interviewing at the Fuqua campus this Monday!!! First interview of the b-school season for me. Can't believe how quickly this time has arrived... and yet, decisions seem so far away.

If anyone will be around on the 24th in the late afternoon / evening and want to explore the area, feel free to send me a PM!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 28 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Concentration: Healthcare, General Management
GMAT Date: 09-14-2012
Send PM
Haven't been able to schedule plans for the open interview..do you guys know if there are dates available 1st or 2nd week of Oct? I think the 16th is the last day right?

I will do that this weekend...approx what time the day end? (So I can schedule flights accordingly)
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 52 [0]
Given Kudos: 21
GMAT 1: 730 Q47 V44
Send PM
DevilDoggNC wrote:
Good luck. I'm told that there always a lot of "team based" questions....but from what I have heard -- The Fuqua interview is quite casual and relaxing. The good thing about the student interviews as opposed to the adcom interviews is that students won't probe too much or jump on inconsistencies..simply because they don't have a lot of experience with interviews (they are going to be just as nervous you because they are representing the school and want to make a great impression on you).

The main thing they are looking for is (and..I have heard this from Fuqua admin)..will you fit into the "team fuqua" culture where everyone looks out for each other.

Ad Com interviews and sometimes alumni interviews can be far more brutal.

Let us know how it goes.

OjilEye wrote:

Thanks for the feedback - it certainly would be great to start things off with a conversational interview. I'll take note of what you mentioned about the students conducting the interviews - I'm sure it will come in handy if my nerves start acting up!

In regards to seeing as if I will fit into the "Team Fuqua" culture... I mean, so many b-schools tout "fit fit fit" and "culture" and "collaboration". Is it just me, or is all this cultural fit essentially boil down to: "Will I want to work with you?"

translating basically to: being a strong team player (works well with others) and being able to communicate well
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Completely agree with the above.

VP
VP
Own Kudos [?]: 765 [0]
Given Kudos: 20
Schools: Duke (Fuqua) - Class of 2012
Send PM
OjilEye wrote:
In regards to seeing as if I will fit into the "Team Fuqua" culture... I mean, so many b-schools tout "fit fit fit" and "culture" and "collaboration". Is it just me, or is all this cultural fit essentially boil down to: "Will I want to work with you?"

You are absolutely right. It pretty much comes down to "will I want to work with you?" By the way, this is true for job recruiting as well. One thing I would add is that although a lot of schools tout the "collaboration" mantra, whether or not the student body culture actually believes that or act that way is a different story (not to mention sub-cultures within a school). I've had the opportunities to interact and work with students/graduates from many of the top 14 b-schools. I would say there is definitely some merit to some of the perceived steoretypes of certain schools. If you are not careful, and approach the interviews with a one-size-fits-all "culture" perspective, it may not be taken positively at some schools.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 13 [0]
Given Kudos: 16
Concentration: Technology, Healthcare
Send PM
Re-applicant. R-2 wait-listed and then rejected on R-3 decision day last cycle.
Submitted for EA this cycle. Visited and interviewed before submission.
The afternoon of the 30th of Oct (around 2pm to 6pm) will be a very anxious time, if they run it as they did last time! :@
:)
Can't wait!

-D3
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  7   8   9   10   11   12   13  ...  92   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6920 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts