It is currently 21 Aug 2017, 20:25

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Economist GMAT Tutor Review

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 3 [0], given: 0

Economist GMAT Tutor Review [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 21 Aug 2014, 02:44
I've been using the Economist GMAT Tutor App for just over a week and i already see a big difference in how i approach GMAT questions and my strategies in general. I'm more confident about taking the exam than i was two weeks ago. So far, its been great and would recommend it to anyone. Its adaptive feature ensures that I don't ignore topics that i don't like / topics that i'm weak at and it keeps teaching until i get it. I'll be sure to let you know how well i do on the GMAT exam in October as I'm hoping for a score above 700.

All the best everyone!

Kudos [?]: 3 [0], given: 0

Economist GMAT Tutor Discount CodesVeritas Prep GMAT Discount CodesMath Revolution Discount Codes
Expert Post
Economist GMAT Tutor Representative

Kudos [?]: 25 [0], given: 10

Re: Economist GMAT Tutor Review [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 19 Sep 2014, 14:25
Hi latomide89,

Apologies for the late reply, but I just came across your review. I'm so glad to hear that the Economist GMAT Tutor is working for you! If you haven't already, feel free to schedule your private strategy sessions with one of our expert tutors. I'm sure you'll find it helpful.

Jessica

http://econgm.at/freetrialoffer
For free GMAT practice questions, follow us @econgmat_qs
Economist GMAT Tutor
(866) 292-0660

Kudos [?]: 25 [0], given: 10

Intern
Intern
B

Kudos [?]: 16 [0], given: 3

Concentration: Strategy, Sustainability
GMAT 1: 740 Q50 V40
GPA: 4
WE: Management Consulting (Consulting)

Show Tags

New post 05 Aug 2015, 19:02
Hi,

I gave the Economist GMAT & found the result to be very weird

1) Quant I got only 6 questions wrong with very first question wrong & rest of the 5 questions in the middle randomly but I only got 39,is this really possible? such a penalty for doing just one question wrong in top 10?

2) Verbal - I got 16 questions wrong with most in the middle randomly but got 31,is this correct?

So in total I got 590 mostly due to low quant but is my quant worth 39 after just 6 wrong questions?

I think I should get atleast 49 not 39,

Can anyone please explain me this logic of Economist that why it happened?

Thanks
Ash

Kudos [?]: 16 [0], given: 3

Expert Post
Economist GMAT Tutor Instructor

Kudos [?]: 13 [0], given: 0

Show Tags

New post 06 Aug 2015, 07:12
Hi arrit21,

Sorry to hear about your disappointment in your practice exam results. With the realistic nature of the practice exams in your GMAT Tutor account, what you've experienced is not uncommon. Remember that the GMAT is adaptive throughout both the Verbal and Quant sections. Although you did well with the first 6 questions, that would not be indicative of your overall level, so the GMAT is adaptive through the entire exam, meaning that after answering a handful of questions incorrectly in the middle section not only affected your score, but also the level of difficulty of the questions you were given after responding incorrectly to the previous ones.

However, the good news is that the GMAT is a computer-based event that you can train for, and your 590 is an accurate baseline for you to work from. If you have any additional questions about GMAT Tutor, please do not hesitate in asking!

Best,
Rich

Rich
http://econgm.at/KvjVSi
Economist GMAT Tutor
(866) 292-0660

Kudos [?]: 13 [0], given: 0

Re: Economist GMAT Tutor Review   [#permalink] 06 Aug 2015, 07:12