Last visit was: 26 Apr 2024, 14:32 It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 14:32

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Concentration: Real Estate, Finance
GPA: 3.38
Send PM
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 36 [2]
Given Kudos: 20
Concentration: Strategy, Technology
GMAT 1: 770 Q51 V46
GPA: 3.2
WE:Engineering (Computer Software)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 22 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
Send PM
Re: Emory 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink]
srjaidev wrote:
Hey guys, I got an admit! Very excited about it. I was on vacation and didn't check my mail till today! I also got a very good scholarship. I haven't got any other interview calls yet so unless I get another admit with some decent scholarship, I will go for GBS!

Congrats srjaidev! Which round did you apply in and when did you get the interview invite?
And could you please share your interview experience?

BTW, impressive set of GMAT results you've got ! It's hard to turn down an offer with a good scholarship.
At least you have an admit in hand and you know that you are definitely heading to b-school this fall ! :-D
Once again, CONGRATS!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 50 [0]
Given Kudos: 11
Concentration: Finance
Schools:Emory 2012
 Q50  V47
GPA: 2.5 Applied Math Major
WE 1: 1 yr proprietary trading
WE 2: 2 yrs global ibank in municipal derivatives
Send PM
maximboy wrote:
Could you share your interview experience? What questions are asked and some general or specific advice?

Thank you very much in advance.

The interview is extremely conversational. Know your resume, be able to articulate why you made the decisions that you made, know why you want an MBA, and specifically know why an Emory MBA is the right fit for you. While it's important, it won't be a very pressured or intense interview, rather the interview is likely very nice, wants to get to know you better, and will be very easy going. I don't remember the exact questions and couldn't tell them to you anyway, but the gist of it is written above. Be yourself, be natural.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Concentration: Marketing, General Management
GMAT 1: 750 Q50 V41
Send PM
Did anyone here apply to any of the center-based fellowships?
I was looking at the information about the fellowships (again) this morning, and noticed it mentioned decisions would be made toward the end of Feb. Any thoughts on how this might play out for R3 applicants?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
It has been pretty quiet here. I am wondering if there's anyone in this forum who has received an interview invite from the school.
Results are coming out in early March and we are already moving into the last week of Feb ! It's hard not to get nervous.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
WE:Consulting (Consulting)
Send PM
Only two more weeks till the results are posted. I'm getting very nervous now too. Although I interviewed back in October while I was on campus. Good luck to everyone!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 17 [0]
Given Kudos: 19
Schools: Michigan (Ross) - Class of 2014
GMAT 1: 760 Q50 V42
GPA: 3.5
Send PM
OmanguitoO wrote:
Only two more weeks till the results are posted. I'm getting very nervous now too. Although I interviewed back in October while I was on campus. Good luck to everyone!

Same here...Emory is the first school that i hear back from in my Rd2 list ...the following two weeks can't pass any slower...good luck everyone...
Intern
Intern
Send PM
The website says that "An evaluative interview is required of all applicants before an offer of admission can be extended." I am wondering if applicants who have yet to have an interview with the adcom still stand a chance at getting an invite within the next 2 weeks. Does anyone have an idea on this issue?
Manager
Manager
Send PM
slumdog1000000 wrote:
The website says that "An evaluative interview is required of all applicants before an offer of admission can be extended." I am wondering if applicants who have yet to have an interview with the adcom still stand a chance at getting an invite within the next 2 weeks. Does anyone have an idea on this issue?

In my opinion, it is too close to the decision date for them to be extending interview invitations..and yes, all admitted applicants are interviewed...but this is just my personal take on this...maybe they do invite people up untill the last moment...either ways...good luck to you...
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Are results posted on OPUS the night before the decision day? If that is the case, are we expecting to see something late 6th March before the calls on the 7th. Do they even call?? I am going nuts....as you can tell...
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 47 [0]
Given Kudos: 76
Concentration: Finance
Schools: Cornell (Johnson) - Class of 2014
WE:Engineering (Telecommunications)
Send PM
topMBA12 wrote:
Are results posted on OPUS the night before the decision day? If that is the case, are we expecting to see something late 6th March before the calls on the 7th. Do they even call?? I am going nuts....as you can tell...

I received an email the day before I got the call from my interviewer. FWIW, coincidentally the day before I got the email I was on OPUS and it looked a little different, there were links for "Next Steps" but an admission decision wasn't available at the time. Once I got the email my decision was available on OPUS
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Concentration: Marketing, International Business
Send PM
johnnyGMAT2k10 wrote:
topMBA12 wrote:

I received an email the day before I got the call from my interviewer. FWIW, coincidentally the day before I got the email I was on OPUS and it looked a little different, there were links for "Next Steps" but an admission decision wasn't available at the time. Once I got the email my decision was available on OPUS

I checked Opus the night before the deadline and the decision was already avaiable. It was around 9 p.m. Brazil time, so 7 p.m. ET. I did't receive a call, since I am an international student, but received a follow up email a few days later with the scholarship I was awarded.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [0]
Schools: Goizueta '14
GPA: 3.7
WE:Consulting (Insurance)
Send PM
Anyone have any insight into the ReVera Credential Verification process? I sent my form in today, but the site says their "aim" is to have it completed before you officially step foot on campus. Well, that isn't good enough. I need to know before that if there are any problems because I have other schools I would need to accept admissions to in the event of a discrepancy.

I'm sure there is no problem and appears all they verify is employment/education/extracurriculars (though not sure how they do ECs when no contact information is provided on the application). Still, this is a substantial life decision and any potential problems need to be known way before we are sitting in class.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
EmoryNole wrote:
Anyone have any insight into the ReVera Credential Verification process? I sent my form in today, but the site says their "aim" is to have it completed before you officially step foot on campus. Well, that isn't good enough. I need to know before that if there are any problems because I have other schools I would need to accept admissions to in the event of a discrepancy.

I'm sure there is no problem and appears all they verify is employment/education/extracurriculars (though not sure how they do ECs when no contact information is provided on the application). Still, this is a substantial life decision and any potential problems need to be known way before we are sitting in class.

Sent mine in as well today, but I have no idea how the process works. From what I could read on other threads, in most cases the process seemed to be very fast (one or two weeks tops) and they would send you an email letting you know how it went.

By the way, are you planing to attend Welcome Weekend in april?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [0]
Schools: Goizueta '14
GPA: 3.7
WE:Consulting (Insurance)
Send PM
socalledpremba wrote:
EmoryNole wrote:

Sent mine in as well today, but I have no idea how the process works. From what I could read on other threads, in most cases the process seemed to be very fast (one or two weeks tops) and they would send you an email letting you know how it went.

Yes, I will be at Welcome Weekend, but it is March 30-31, not April...correct?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
EmoryNole wrote:
socalledpremba wrote:
EmoryNole wrote:

Yes, I will be at Welcome Weekend, but it is March 30-31, not April...correct?

You are right... I was just thinking about the days I have to ask my boss in order to attend. If everything goes well with my plane tickets, I'll be there as well. Thankfully it's low-season, so things are not that expensive!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Concentration: Marketing, General Management
GMAT 1: 750 Q50 V41
Send PM
Did anyone receive a call today? I received a call on my work line 15 minutes ago and the caller ID said Emory but no message left (couldn't pick up bc I was on a call). Freaking out now! Really want to know if it was Goizueta!
Manager
Manager
Send PM
sewcrafty wrote:
Did anyone receive a call today? I received a call on my work line 15 minutes ago and the caller ID said Emory but no message left (couldn't pick up bc I was on a call). Freaking out now! Really want to know if it was Goizueta!

Did you try and call back on that number??
GMAT Club Bot
   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6923 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts