GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 22 Feb 2019, 18:57

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel
Events & Promotions in February
PrevNext
SuMoTuWeThFrSa
Open Detailed Calendar

Emory(Goizueta) FAQ/AMA - Get replies from students/alumni/staff

new topic post reply Update application status  
MBA Section Director
V
Affiliations: GMATClub
Concentration: Nonprofit
GPA: 4
WE: Engineering (Computer Software)
GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member Reviews Badge CAT Tests
Emory(Goizueta) FAQ/AMA - Get replies from students/alumni/staff  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 01 Dec 2018, 23:55

Post your questions for Emory Goizueta Students/alumni/staff here.

This topic is part of the GMATClub School Ambassador Project. For a similar topic on other schools, check GMATClub School Ambassador Project

Dear Emory Goizueta Aspirants,

We are starting this topic where applicants can ask their questions. We have contacted a few current students and they agreed to address the queries of applicants. They will also share their learning experiences, new happenings at Emory Goizueta in this discussion.

No Profile Evaluations Pls; They will be deleted instantly. Stick to application components and school-related questions. We have a dedicated thread for Emory Goizueta profile evaluations; Pls use it to get feedback on your profile.

Current Emory Goizueta Students willing to help! :thumbup: :thumbup:

Interview Debriefs | MBA Video Series | Live Decision Tracker | Follow gmat_club on Instagram

Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 03 Jan 2019, 13:37
Hi,

I wanted to know about the Brand Management concentration at Goizueta. Any insight on who the good professors are and what exactly is their teaching methodology is, the best electives in product manage,the job market for Product Management etc.

While the Goizueta website is very informative, I was unable to find how exactly is the 2 years course designed. I was able to figure out the following, please correct me if I’m wrong:

First semester is basically core courses+ IMPACT 360 core+Company visit inane of various US cities.

Second Semester: Select 4 electives+ Impact 360 Project (based on your concentration?)

Then we have the summer internships.

This is where it gets a little fuzzy for me. I really would appreciate any insight on how the second year is structured.

Posted from my mobile device
Board of Directors
V
Premium Member Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 03 Jan 2019, 13:52
Hey Jungshook ,

Thank you for your question.

We do have alot many excellent and highly experienced professors in Brand management. I am also recruiting for Product Management roles this year and I must say there are plenty courses such as Product management, analytics for e markets, Predictive Analysis, etc.

Teaching methodology is highly case and practical based. You will be asked to solve business problems as well implement models, almost similar to what a Product Manager does. Fortunately, job market for Product Management is quite better than any other field we have, if you are international. If you are domestic, you have ample of opportunities for all the fields. Having said so, tech recruitment process is highly unstructured. So, it sometimes involve long waitings after the application process. It is irrespective of the school you are applying from.

Your research is 100% correct. And after 1st semester, you will be given ample of subjects to choose from and you can make your concentration accordingly. It is independent of whichever semester you are in after the 1st one.

So, basically, the subjects I have chosen this semester will also have many 2nd years. Both the years will be studying together depending on the common subjects.

I hope that helps. Let me know if you have further questions.

My GMAT Story: From V21 to V40
My MBA Journey: My 10 years long MBA Dream
My Secret Hacks: Best way to use GMATClub | Importance of an Error Log!
Verbal Resources: All SC Resources at one place | All CR Resources at one place
Blog: Subscribe to Question of the Day Blog
GMAT Club Inbuilt Error Log Functionality - View More.
New Visa Forum - Ask all your Visa Related Questions - here.
New! Best Reply Functionality on GMAT Club!
Find a bug in the new email templates and get rewarded with 2 weeks of GMATClub Tests for free
Check our new About Us Page here.

Current Student
B
Concentration: International Business, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 730 Q49 V41
GPA: 2.84
WE: Engineering (Consulting)
Re: Emory(Goizueta) FAQ/AMA - Get replies from students/alumni/staff  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 29 Jan 2019, 07:30
Jungshook wrote:
Hi,

I wanted to know about the Brand Management concentration at Goizueta. Any insight on who the good professors are and what exactly is their teaching methodology is, the best electives in product manage,the job market for Product Management etc.

While the Goizueta website is very informative, I was unable to find how exactly is the 2 years course designed. I was able to figure out the following, please correct me if I’m wrong:

First semester is basically core courses+ IMPACT 360 core+Company visit inane of various US cities.

Second Semester: Select 4 electives+ Impact 360 Project (based on your concentration?)

Then we have the summer internships.

This is where it gets a little fuzzy for me. I really would appreciate any insight on how the second year is structured.

Posted from my mobile device

My concentration is in Finance, so I can't help you a ton re: Brand Management, but here is what the course load looks like:

1st year Fall:

Mandatory Core courses: economics, finance, marketing, operations, strategy, accounting, IMPACT (consulting problem solving), and statistics
Banking recruiting
Consulting recruiting
Various other recruiting (several conferences where it is possible to get a summer offer, like National Black MBA)
22 credit hours

1st year Spring:

Mandatory courses: IMPACT360 (continuation of IMPACT from the fall, but with a new team and an actual company to work with on a project), Leadership/Emotional Intelligence, Mid-Semester Module (domestic is free, international costs around $4-5k)
Minimum of 2 electives, but can take up to 5 electives
Continued recruiting for summer internships
13-22 total credit hours

2nd year Fall:
4-7 elective courses
Re-recruiting (if you didn't get a full time offer or didn't like your internship)
12-21 credit hours

2nd year Spring:

4-7 elective courses
Mid-Semester Module (domestic is free, international costs around $4-5k)
13-22 credit hours

Minimum credit hours required to graduate: 69

So, you get at least 13 electives to take, spread over your last 3 semesters. You have to take at least 4 classes per semester, but you can take up to 7. Hope this helps.
Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 06 Feb 2019, 20:30
Hi - I am trying to gather more information as it relates to non-traditional post-MBA roles (asset management/investment management) and corporate strategy

Secondly, just generally speaking, how is the quality of the OCR?

Any feedback from current students on this topic would be much appreciated!
Board of Directors
V
Premium Member Reviews Badge
Re: Emory(Goizueta) FAQ/AMA - Get replies from students/alumni/staff  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 07 Feb 2019, 16:24
stratecashomie wrote:
Hi - I am trying to gather more information as it relates to non-traditional post-MBA roles (asset management/investment management) and corporate strategy

Secondly, just generally speaking, how is the quality of the OCR?

Any feedback from current students on this topic would be much appreciated!

hey stratecashomie ,

It depends on whether you are domestic or international. International candidates have hard time in these goals while it is pretty good for domestic students.

Good luck :)

My GMAT Story: From V21 to V40
My MBA Journey: My 10 years long MBA Dream
My Secret Hacks: Best way to use GMATClub | Importance of an Error Log!
Verbal Resources: All SC Resources at one place | All CR Resources at one place
Blog: Subscribe to Question of the Day Blog
GMAT Club Inbuilt Error Log Functionality - View More.
New Visa Forum - Ask all your Visa Related Questions - here.
New! Best Reply Functionality on GMAT Club!
Find a bug in the new email templates and get rewarded with 2 weeks of GMATClub Tests for free
Check our new About Us Page here.

GMAT Club Bot
Re: Emory(Goizueta) FAQ/AMA - Get replies from students/alumni/staff   [#permalink] 07 Feb 2019, 16:24

Emory(Goizueta) FAQ/AMA - Get replies from students/alumni/staff

new topic post reply Update application status  

Copyright

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions and Privacy Policy| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap