GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 22 Sep 2018, 08:05

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Eval: Indian Engineer

new topic post reply Update application status  
Intern
Intern
B
Eval: Indian Engineer  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 28 Aug 2018, 09:11
Undergrad: IIT (top 2), 7.2/10
GMAT : 720 (50Q, 38V)
WE: 7 years at enrollment

Management Trainee - > Manager 3 years at Indian e-commerce market leader (recently acquired by Walmart for $16bn)

Interesting work experience across business development, supply chain and corporate strategy. Promoted once, worked directly with founder COO on special projects. Large impact - one role involves leading a team that added $18 m to bottom line.

Senior Manager - > Head of Growth (mid 2015 - Apr 2018)
3 years at a high growth, well funded startup in India - market leader in category.

Early employee, Promoted once, helped grow grow revenues 10x to $9 million over the period

Chief of Staff (present role)
High growth startup in the bike rental space, head hunted to be the CEO's Chief of Staff - leading product, growth & investor relations functions at the moment.
Early employee, driving rapid growth (4x in 4 months)
Helped close Series A round with largest bike manufacturer in India and largest cab aggregator in India as well as large US based VC fund (think Uber in the region)

Short term goal: International growth at a large consumer tech company (think Amazon, Netflix, Spotify, Uber)

Long term goal: Entrepreneurship

Target schools: M7

Posted from my mobile device
Sia Admissions Representative
S
Affiliations: NYU, Yale
Re: Eval: Indian Engineer  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 28 Aug 2018, 15:43
Hi sushruthi,

Thank you for your post and for sharing your profile. I think you have an excellent profile, that can yield great results with your M7 applications. Being a high performer will bode well for your applications; however, be mindful that you are competing with other highly qualified candidates within your demographic. If you can increase your GMAT score, I highly recommend your retake. If not, I would write in the optional essay a note that speaks to it, that your score is not reflective of your capabilities to succeed in the program. Regardless of the GMAT, I would spend a lot of time developing your story; you want to show the adcom that you bring a unique perspective to your classroom. When are you intending to apply (which round)?

If you would like to continue the conversation live (via phone), please feel free to reach for a 30-minute free consultation. Click here to coordinate.

Good luck!

sushruthi wrote:
Undergrad: IIT (top 2), 7.2/10
GMAT : 720 (50Q, 38V)
WE: 7 years at enrollment

Management Trainee - > Manager 3 years at Indian e-commerce market leader (recently acquired by Walmart for $16bn)

Interesting work experience across business development, supply chain and corporate strategy. Promoted once, worked directly with founder COO on special projects. Large impact - one role involves leading a team that added $18 m to bottom line.

Senior Manager - > Head of Growth (mid 2015 - Apr 2018)
3 years at a high growth, well funded startup in India - market leader in category.

Early employee, Promoted once, helped grow grow revenues 10x to $9 million over the period

Chief of Staff (present role)
High growth startup in the bike rental space, head hunted to be the CEO's Chief of Staff - leading product, growth & investor relations functions at the moment.
Early employee, driving rapid growth (4x in 4 months)
Helped close Series A round with largest bike manufacturer in India and largest cab aggregator in India as well as large US based VC fund (think Uber in the region)

Short term goal: International growth at a large consumer tech company (think Amazon, Netflix, Spotify, Uber)

Long term goal: Entrepreneurship

Target schools: M7

Sia Admissions
info@siaadmissions.com
+1 (646) 690 - 9996

Contact us for a free consultation

Intern
Intern
B
Eval: Indian Engineer  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 29 Aug 2018, 12:42
Thank you SiaAdmissions.

If you would be so kind as to look at my fiancé's profile as well, we're both looking to work with the same consultant.

WE: 7 years at time of enrollment
GRE: 332 (equivalent to 750 GMAT)
Undergrad: First Class degree in Economics
Community involvement: Led fundraising for India's largest sport for development NGO, raised $100K in funding in 2.5 years.
Chosen by the UN as one of Asia's top young leaders in sport for development.
Work ex:
Investment Analyst at $200m family investment vehicle
Closed 2 deals in 18 month period
Worked with portfolio companies on strategy and operations
Worked directly with CIO here

1.5 years at large travel e-commerce startup in India
Drove 4x growth in topline, set up digital marketing function, reduced costs by 35%
Drove acquisition for a brand new vertical (think Airbnb) for the company - onboarded 10000 hosts in 10 months
Highest rating in appraisal cycle

2.5 years at high growth startup leading digital marketing & brand strategy - a key pillar of growth
Helped drive company revenues up 9x to $9mn, while reducing customer acquisition costs by 80% in the time frame through effecient media investments, coherent brand strategy and strong analytics

Head, Growth & Brand at a large well funded fintech startup
Was head hunted into this role
Helped close Series B round of funding with Amazon
Launched exciting new product with India's largest cab aggregator
Drove a 3x sales growth in 4 months
Revamped brand identity

Short term goal: she is passionate about investing and wants to use her past experience, a strong MBA and her experience driving growth at startups to be a growth stage investor in consumer tech companies. Was previously admitted to Wharton, but couldn't go because of a family situation.

Target schools: Wharton, Columbia, Booth
Super reach schools: Harvard, Stanford

Would you recommend a Columbia early decision application?

Sia Admissions Representative
S
Affiliations: NYU, Yale
Re: Eval: Indian Engineer  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 29 Aug 2018, 18:07
Hi sushruthi,

Happy to be of help. Our review of your fiance's profile is below.

From a macro view, I find her profile very strong. She too is a high achiever, which is precisely what top b-schools are looking for. That said, I would like to see her personality in her applications. Quantitatively speaking, her profile is strong; however, top b-schools seek more than just a list of accomplishment. Her accomplishments must be tied to her passions on a personal level, which is where the qualitative comes into play.

I find her profile competitive for target and reach schools (keep in mind that she should cater her application to her audience). Be sure your fiance does not submit to Wharton the same application she did last time. As to Columbia, I do recommend she apply for the early decision - the field she is pursuing is challenging, and she should not risk missing a spot in that sector.

I hope this helps. Happy to continue the conversation with both of you. If interested, do not hesitate to reach out.

Good luck!

sushruthi wrote:
Thank you SiaAdmissions.

If you would be so kind as to look at my fiancé's profile as well, we're both looking to work with the same consultant.

WE: 7 years at time of enrollment
GRE: 332 (equivalent to 750 GMAT)
Undergrad: First Class degree in Economics
Community involvement: Led fundraising for India's largest sport for development NGO, raised $100K in funding in 2.5 years.
Chosen by the UN as one of Asia's top young leaders in sport for development.
Work ex:
Investment Analyst at $200m family investment vehicle
Closed 2 deals in 18 month period
Worked with portfolio companies on strategy and operations
Worked directly with CIO here

1.5 years at large travel e-commerce startup in India
Drove 4x growth in topline, set up digital marketing function, reduced costs by 35%
Drove acquisition for a brand new vertical (think Airbnb) for the company - onboarded 10000 hosts in 10 months
Highest rating in appraisal cycle

2.5 years at high growth startup leading digital marketing & brand strategy - a key pillar of growth
Helped drive company revenues up 9x to $9mn, while reducing customer acquisition costs by 80% in the time frame through effecient media investments, coherent brand strategy and strong analytics

Head, Growth & Brand at a large well funded fintech startup
Was head hunted into this role
Helped close Series B round of funding with Amazon
Launched exciting new product with India's largest cab aggregator
Drove a 3x sales growth in 4 months
Revamped brand identity

Short term goal: she is passionate about investing and wants to use her past experience, a strong MBA and her experience driving growth at startups to be a growth stage investor in consumer tech companies. Was previously admitted to Wharton, but couldn't go because of a family situation.

Target schools: Wharton, Columbia, Booth
Super reach schools: Harvard, Stanford

Would you recommend a Columbia early decision application?

Sia Admissions
info@siaadmissions.com
+1 (646) 690 - 9996

Contact us for a free consultation

Re: Eval: Indian Engineer &nbs [#permalink] 29 Aug 2018, 18:07

Eval: Indian Engineer

new topic post reply Update application status  

Moderator: SiaAdmissions

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions and Privacy Policy| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap