Last visit was: 26 Apr 2024, 10:08 It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 10:08

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
SVP
SVP
Affiliations: U. Chicago, Johns Hopkins, AIGAC
Own Kudos [?]: 192 [0]
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Send PM
SVP
SVP
Affiliations: U. Chicago, Johns Hopkins, AIGAC
Own Kudos [?]: 192 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
Burmese Bomber wrote:
Paul,

Thanks so much for the quick reply; I appreciate your comments. To address the questions you have, I have had a good amount of experience in "leading people." As a Senior Associate, I have the responsibilities of managing the staff on each engagement and delivering all deliverables to the managing directors and client. I work in a "smaller" office, so I have much more extensive experience in dealing with the higher ups and directly with clients; this will certainly be reflected in my LORs.

I have another question. I know applying to 7 or 8 schools is a nightmare, but I'm considering cutting out Michigan and adding in HBS and Stanford. Is this a mistake? I would like to have a better understanding of my chances at the ultra-elites. I feel like I have a good chance at the elites (with good LORs and quality essays), but not so sure with the ultra-elites. Please let me know whether I stand a chance. My train of thought is that if my chances are low, I probably just won't apply because that's A LOT of work for a Ding.

Burmese Bomber,

I think you have a decent chance at the ultra elites but I will not go so far as to say a good chance. I would not be shocked if one of the ultras came through for you, but you may be just a notch below the type of candidate who gives me that "good feeling" (i.e., outright optimism) regarding the ultra-elites (very few do).

Hope this helps,
GMAT Club Bot
[#permalink]