Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 16:59 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 16:59

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
MBA Admissions Consultant
Own Kudos [?]: 1109 [0]
Given Kudos: 1752
GPA: 4
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 20
GMAT 1: 730 Q48 V42
GPA: 3.7
Send PM
GRE Forum Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 32917 [0]
Given Kudos: 5778
GPA: 3.62
Send PM
Send PM
Re: Sep 26 Chat: Everything you would like to know about MBA Admissions [#permalink]
Expert Reply
Sajjad1994 wrote:
Another question asked by Tanmy1357........................Indian male engineer, Gmat 650, 12yrs WE(first 3 as lecturer in engineering college, next 8 in core psu mechanical maintenance management)

Keen for European mba in hope to Relocate.

Acads are mixed bag, stories can be made.

What colleges are my best shot (safe shot to secure ranked colleges).

Mannheim, rotterdam, Warwick, alliance etc is what I came to know a bit about but don’t know enough.

I already have an offer from. Top 5 colleges of India. If there’s any safe ranked college then I may leave this admission or else I’ll. Pay their fee.

Tanmy1357 hi,
GMAT is a bit low, your work experience is a bit high, but the rest sounds GREAT
non of the MBA programs you mentioned is "safe" but you should have a high chance at all of them if you write stellar apps!

If you are looking for someone to assist you with your applications (check out our INSEAD stats: https://www.aringo.com/aringo-mba-admission-statistics/) and want some more info, and a deeper profile review, please send me your CV, GMAT score, school wish list and any other info to Shimriw@ARINGO.com
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Send PM
Re: Sep 26 Chat: Everything you would like to know about MBA Admissions [#permalink]
Which are the Top 10 business schools globally which offer one year MBA program?
Send PM
Expert Reply
rajatsinha15 wrote:
Which are the Top 10 business schools globally which offer one year MBA program?

great question
1. you can see the list of 1-Y MBAs here: https://www.aringo.com/mba-1y-one-year-programs/
2. there is no "1Y MBA ranking" But, you can take out of the above list the top-ranked schools like :Kellogg, INSEAD, Cornell
3. There are also special 1Y programs, so it all depends on the applicant and what they are looking for
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
mightyAntMan wrote:
ARINGO wrote:
mightyAntMan wrote:
Background: Btech in computer science from RTU, rajasthan, GPA 7.98/10
GMAT: 730
Work ex: 7 years at various Fortune 500 companies as Lead QA Engineer. Leading a team of 2 people currently.
Targeting Bschool in US/Europe and post that Consulting or Project Management in IT Companies abroad.
*Heavily hoping for 100% scholarship somewhere. Willing to play my odds in T50 as well.
Extra curricular:
* Some NGO experience
your profile seems great, and you are right! if you compromise on the school and go for a lower-ranked school, your scholarship chances might rise.
there aren’t many 100% scholarships in EU, so I suggest you focus your efforts on schools that are ranked 30-50 in the US
Will you get in? yes, if you write applications that are decent, 100%! will you get a high scholarship (50%+), yes, if you write stellar applications and apply to enough schools...
thank you that’s really nice to hear. Could you please suggest some US schools meeting this criteria scholarship+ good network for IT PM or consulting roles. I would like to research on those then.
just to add to above question, should I take GMAT again?
Send PM
Expert Reply
730 is a great score for top 50 schools, BUT, the higher the better! if you think you can score a 750/7600 that can help with shcolarships
Intern
Intern
Send PM
ARINGO wrote:
730 is a great score for top 50 schools, BUT, the higher the better! if you think you can score a 750/7600 that can help with shcolarships
thanks. Any schools you have in mind in T50 that I should target, given my profile and expectations?
GRE Forum Moderator
Send PM
Expert Reply
Question by anusharajjj123..............background: indian female

undergrad and gmat: 8.5-9.2 from top10 commerce and management colleges in india, gmat to be taken (aiming for 750)

internships: 1st one was as a summer intern or a networking solutions company. i was in the accounting dept where i handled the books of accounts
2nd - content writer for a digital marketing company, worked as a team leader for teh content writing interns. worked on many projects as the lead from teh content team.
3rd - human resource intern for a consulting startup firm. ended up becoming a team leader for the hr interns as well. was in charge of diversity and inclusion and worked on recruitment and talent solutions
4th- research intern for the department of promotion of industry and internal trade, ministry of commerce, government of india. internship not yet completed.

ec’s: national level swimmer
college basketball team
treasurer of the college’s debating society
lead guitarist for the college rock band
trekker (completed 4 high altitude (15000ft+) treks and many adventure sports) volunteer for children’s summer adventure camp

community service: 60 hours community service through college
social volunteer for an ngo centered around women safety and empowerment
volunteered for a student run organization to help covid struck families during the second wave

post mba goals: return to work for the financial services industry in big4/8 for a few years and then start my own hedge fund. hoping to network with alumni and fellow students during mba to help me gather knowledge and experience to achieve this goal

will be applying in 2022 to: hbs 2+2, cbs, wharton, booth, kellogg, mit and darden

do you think i stand a chance ? im not even sure if i should bother applying. do the lack of brands in my internship harm my applications and will receiving and accepting an offer from big 4/8 before application submission help me in that regard?

thank you so so much in advance
Intern
Intern
Send PM
24 Indian Male

GMAT -720
UG- B.COM (Hons.) from University of Delhi
CGPA- 7.8/10

Work experience
2 years at Teach for India. Taught 200 underprivileged students.
1 year at an early childhood learning start-up. Have expanded to US and EU in the past 6 months.

Extracurricular and leadership positions
Played cricket at national level for 3 years
Captained my college cricket team for 2 years and my club team for 7 years
Volunteered at Feeding India for 18 months during college

What are my chances at the Top 20 US programs and could you please suggest some programs if I wish to pursue education consulting after MBA at organisations such as Dalberg and Bridgespan Group.

24 Indian Male

GMAT -720
CGPA- 7.8/10

Work experience
1 year at an early childhood learning start-up. Have expanded to US and EU in the past 6 months.

What are my chances at the Top 20 US programs and could you please suggest some programs if I wish to pursue education consulting after MBA at organisations such as Dalberg and Bridgespan Group.
24 Indian Male

GMAT -720
CGPA- 7.8/10

Work experience

24 Indian Male

GMAT -720
CGPA- 7.8/10

Work experience

Volunteered at Feeding India for 18 mon
Send PM
Expert Reply
mightyAntMan wrote:
thanks. Any schools you have in mind in T50 that I should target, given my profile and expectations?
any US school...
Last year we had full scholarships for our candidates at many many universities. you can look at:
Arizona State - Carey
Rochester - Simon
Maryland - Smith
Boston U. Questrom
Pennsylvania State University (Smeal)
But there are many more!
Intern
Intern
Send PM
ARINGO wrote:
any US school...
Last year we had full scholarships for our candidates at many many universities. you can look at:
Arizona State - Carey
Rochester - Simon
Maryland - Smith
Boston U. Questrom
Pennsylvania State University (Smeal)
But there are many more!
thank you so much! Gives me something to work with. Appreciate it!
Send PM
Expert Reply
Sajjad1994 wrote:
Question by anusharajjj123..............background: indian female

undergrad and gmat: 8.5-9.2 from top10 commerce and management colleges in india, gmat to be taken (aiming for 750)

internships: 1st one was as a summer intern or a networking solutions company. i was in the accounting dept where i handled the books of accounts
2nd - content writer for a digital marketing company, worked as a team leader for teh content writing interns. worked on many projects as the lead from teh content team.
3rd - human resource intern for a consulting startup firm. ended up becoming a team leader for the hr interns as well. was in charge of diversity and inclusion and worked on recruitment and talent solutions
4th- research intern for the department of promotion of industry and internal trade, ministry of commerce, government of india. internship not yet completed.

ec’s: national level swimmer
college basketball team
treasurer of the college’s debating society
lead guitarist for the college rock band
trekker (completed 4 high altitude (15000ft+) treks and many adventure sports) volunteer for children’s summer adventure camp

community service: 60 hours community service through college
social volunteer for an ngo centered around women safety and empowerment
volunteered for a student run organization to help covid struck families during the second wave

post mba goals: return to work for the financial services industry in big4/8 for a few years and then start my own hedge fund. hoping to network with alumni and fellow students during mba to help me gather knowledge and experience to achieve this goal

will be applying in 2022 to: hbs 2+2, cbs, wharton, booth, kellogg, mit and darden

do you think i stand a chance ? im not even sure if i should bother applying. do the lack of brands in my internship harm my applications and will receiving and accepting an offer from big 4/8 before application submission help me in that regard?

thank you so so much in advance

anusharajjj123
if you score a 750, and secure a job before applying, you are EXACTLY what the deferred programs (2+2, and all other deferred MBA programs) are looking for.
Your profile sounds great, and you should definitely bother (what do you have ti lose? worst case, you apply "regularly" to MBA programs in 3 -4 years
you can find here a list of all the top deferred MBA programs:https://www.aringo.com/deferred-enrollment-mba-for-candidates-with-little-experience/
GOOD LUCK
GRE Forum Moderator
Send PM
Expert Reply
We have fewer questions in the queue. Now is the best time to get your questions answered.

Everyone, We have 10 more minutes left in this chat session. Ask your questions quickly

Originally posted by Sajjad1994 on 26 Sep 2021, 09:48.
Last edited by Sajjad1994 on 26 Sep 2021, 09:51, edited 1 time in total.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
24 Indian Male

GMAT -720
CGPA- 7.8/10

Work experience

Send PM
Expert Reply
AS1997 wrote:
24 Indian Male

GMAT -720
CGPA- 7.8/10

Work experience

So, you have an interesting profile and I like the interest in Education Consulting post your degree.
your professional experience (and age) is on the low side, and the best way for you to improve your chances is wait another year or two and gain more experience.

I dont have a list of best MBA programs for Educatin Consulting as this is a niche which doesn’t get published, but you can go on Linkedin, look for MBA employees in the companies you are targeting, and see which b-shcools they went to

Right, I think we can close this chat now...

Thanks everyone for this session
I really enjoyed your questions and seeing such great profiles!
Don’t forget to check us out on https://www.ARINGO.com and remember, for a detailed profile review, please send me your CV, GMAT score, school wish list, and any other info to Shimriw@ARINGO.com

Good luck

Originally posted by ARINGO on 26 Sep 2021, 09:56.
Last edited by ARINGO on 26 Sep 2021, 09:58, edited 1 time in total.
GRE Forum Moderator
Send PM
Expert Reply
We are closing this chat session. Thank you ARINGO for your time and inputs. This was really a good session, We greatly appreciate it.
GMAT Club Bot
   1   2