GMAT Changed on April 16th - Read about the latest changes here

It is currently 22 Apr 2018, 07:26

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

UCLA Anderson MBA Admissions & Related Blogs

new topic post reply Update application status  
Manager
Manager
UCLA Anderson Application Insider: Waitlist Guidlelines [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 14 Dec 2017, 21:02
FROM NewsUCLA: UCLA Anderson Application Insider: Waitlist Guidlelines
This post is part of our "Application Insider" blog post series that provides insider information, tips, and advice about applying to the UCLA Anderson MBA program.

APPLICATION INSIDER TOPIC:

WAITLIST GUIDELINES

We had so many wonderful candidates each application season, but unfortunately not enough space to admit every single person.  If you are placed on the waitlist, we encourage you to read the guidelines below to learn more about what will happen moving forward, as well as ways to potentially enhance your candidacy.

• If your application status indicates you have been placed on our waitlist, your name will remain on the waitlist until a final decision is made on your application or until you request your application be withdrawn.
  • Waitlisted candidates (excluding those who withdraw) will be reconsidered for admission in subsequent rounds.
  • Round 1 applicants will receive an update on their application status by the Round 2 decision deadline of March 29, 2018. Some candidates may be offered the option of remaining on the waitlist for consideration in Round 3.
  • Remaining Round 1 and Round 2 waitlist candidates will receive an update on their application status by the Round 3 decision deadline of May 24, 2018.
  • We cannot give individual feedback to waitlisted applicants.
  • Chances of being admitted off the waitlist are difficult to predict since the number of students admitted from the waitlist varies from year to year depending on the size/strength of the admit pool, number of admits who enroll, and other factors.
  • Waitlisted candidates may send in updates to their application to wlmgr@anderson.ucla.edu. This is completely optional and only for currently waitlisted applicants.
    • We ask that you use your personal judgment and discretion in submitting additional information that is relevant to your application. Some examples include (but are not limited to): updated GMAT/GRE/TOEFL scores, promotions at work, and recent extracurricular accomplishments.
    • Before submitting additional information to the waitlist manager, remember:
      • Every interaction we have with you moving forward can be a data point on your file, so make sure they are meaningful and value-added.
      • Quality of information and communication is more important than quantity.

If you are on the waitlist and have any additional questions, please e-mail wlmgr@anderson.ucla.edu.  For all others, send questions to mba.admissions@anderson.ucla.edu.

To our waitlisted candidates, we thank you for your continued interest in UCLA Anderson!

---
Stay in Touch:
 Introduce YourselfFollow the Admissions Team @uclaMBA:  Twitter and Instagramhttp://bit.ly/uclaMBAIntroduceYourselfQuestions? Contact us at: mba.admissions@anderson.ucla.edu
ForumBlogs - GMAT Club’s latest feature blends timely Blog entries with forum discussions. Now GMAT Club Forums incorporate all relevant information from Student, Admissions blogs, Twitter, and other sources in one place. You no longer have to check and follow dozens of blogs, just subscribe to the relevant topics and forums on GMAT club or follow the posters and you will get email notifications when something new is posted. Add your blog to the list! and be featured to over 300,000 unique monthly visitors
Manager
Manager
From The Dean's Desk: Round 1 Decisions Released Today [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 15 Dec 2017, 02:01
FROM NewsUCLA: From The Dean's Desk: Round 1 Decisions Released Today
This post is part of our “From the Dean’s Desk” series, where we hear directly from our UCLA Anderson leaders across the school.

Just after midnight today, we released all of our decisions to our full-time MBA Round 1 applicants. Admissions officers also called each admit the day before, so we had the chance to break the news to a lot of surprised candidates. It was so wonderful to hear the joy and excitement on the other end of the phone line!

All Round 1 applicants received an email to check their Status Page for their decision letter, as we use that secure site to display letters rather than actually sending them by email.  If you applied but did not see the notification email, please check your spam folder, or just go directly to your Status Page to view your admissions decision.

We are already receiving Round 2 applications and we know, as always, it will be our biggest round of the year.  We look forward to seeing many more excellent candidates in the new year by the Round 2 deadline of January 5 (or Round 3 deadline of April 12).

Thank you to everyone who took the time to complete our application for Round 1, good luck to those working on applications for Rounds 2 and 3, and congratulations to all of our new admits!

Cheers!

Alex

-- Alex Lawrence

Assistant Dean and Director - MBA Admissions and Financial Aid

---
Stay in Touch:
 Introduce YourselfFollow the Admissions Team @uclaMBA:  Twitter and Instagramhttp://bit.ly/uclaMBAIntroduceYourselfQuestions? Contact us at: mba.admissions@anderson.ucla.edu
ForumBlogs - GMAT Club’s latest feature blends timely Blog entries with forum discussions. Now GMAT Club Forums incorporate all relevant information from Student, Admissions blogs, Twitter, and other sources in one place. You no longer have to check and follow dozens of blogs, just subscribe to the relevant topics and forums on GMAT club or follow the posters and you will get email notifications when something new is posted. Add your blog to the list! and be featured to over 300,000 unique monthly visitors
Manager
Manager
UCLA Anderson Application Insider: International Application FAQs [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 20 Dec 2017, 19:01
FROM NewsUCLA: UCLA Anderson Application Insider: International Application FAQs
This post is part of our "Application Insider" blog post series that provides insider information, tips, and advice about applying to the UCLA Anderson MBA program.

TOP QUESTIONS FROM INTERNATIONAL APPLICANTS

As we get closer to our Round 2 deadline, we thought it would be helpful to share some of the common questions that we receive from international applicants. Below are the top 10 FAQs we receive from international candidates:

Q1. Is the TOEFL or IELTS required for all international applicants?
A1. TOEFL or IELTS scores are required of all international applicants EXCEPT those from a select list of countries. For more information please refer to UCLA Graduate Division Office English Requirements.

Q2. If I completed my bachelors or masters degree in the United States, do I need to submit a TOEFL or IELTS score?
A2. No, if you have a bachelors or masters degree from a university in the United States, you do not need to submit a TOEFL or IELTS score. The same applies if your bachelors or masters degree is from a university located in another country in which English is both the primary spoken language of daily life (e.g., Australia, Barbados, Canada, Ireland, Jamaica, New Zealand, United Kingdom) and the medium of instruction

Q3. Is the TOEFL preferred over the IELTS?
A3. No, we do not have a preference for either exam. It is up to you to decide which test you prefer.

Q4. What academic records do I need to submit with my application? What if they are not in English?
A4. In order to submit a completed application, you will need to upload a complete transcript and degree certificate or diploma in the native language of the country in which your degree was earned, as well as a certified translation in English. The degree certificate or diploma should show the exact degree received and date awarded. If invited to interview, you will be required to send us official hard-copy documents.

Q5. My undergraduate university does not use the 4.0 scale for my grades. Do I need to convert my grades?
A5. No, please do not convert your grades to a 4.0 scale. We will evaluate your transcripts using the grading scale used by your institution. It is helpful if the grading scale is visible on your transcripts or degree certificate/diploma.

Q6. If I earned a three-year undergraduate degree, am I still eligible to apply?
A6. Yes, you are still welcome to apply. We do admit students with 3-year degrees, but the rest of your application needs to be exceptionally strong to compete against other applicants with 4-year degrees. If you would like your academic records to equate to a 4-year degree, you would need to either complete a master's degree or other post graduate degree/diploma.

Q7. What is the interview process?
A7. Interviews are conducted on an invitation basis only after submitted applications are reviewed. Interviews last approximately 30 minutes and are intended to be an interactive conversation. We are interested in getting to know you as an individual and understanding how you'll fit into the next class.

Q8. Are interviews only conducted on the UCLA Anderson campus?
A8. No. We offer two interview options: on-campus or online via Skype. If you are invited to interview, you will be able to choose which option is best for you. While you are welcome to visit campus and interview in person, we do not expect all international applicants to do so. There is no difference or preference between interviews since the format is the same.

Q9. If I am visiting campus and have not received an interview invitation, can I request one?
A9. While we encourage applicants to visit a class or attend on-campus events, it is not possible to request a formal application interview if you have not received an invitation. Since our interviews are conducted on an invitation basis, we need to respect our process in order to be fair to all applicants.

Q10. If I need more time to submit my application, can I apply in Round 3?
A10. Yes. While Round 3 is more competitive, it is still a viable round.

---
Stay in Touch:
 Introduce YourselfFollow the Admissions Team @uclaMBA:  Twitter and Instagramhttp://bit.ly/uclaMBAIntroduceYourselfQuestions? Contact us at: mba.admissions@anderson.ucla.edu
Manager
Manager
Happy Holidays from UCLA Anderson! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 22 Dec 2017, 14:01
FROM NewsUCLA: Happy Holidays from UCLA Anderson!

It's hard to believe 2017 is drawing to a close already! Thank you all for getting to know us this year, for sharing your stories and Anderson spirit in person and in your applications.

Please note that the MBA Admissions and Financial Aid Office will be closed during the University closure from December 23, 2017 - January 1, 2018. During this time, we will check emails sent to the MBA Admissions inbox (mba.admissions@anderson.ucla.edu) but responses may be a little delayed. Regular business hours will resume on Tuesday, January 2.

Coffee chats with current Anderson students are also still occurring through the first week of January all over the world -- click here for more information and to RSVP.

We wish you all a wonderful holiday season and all the best for a prosperous 2018!

-- MBA Admissions & Financial Aid team

---

Stay in Touch: Introduce YourselfFollow the Admissions Team @uclaMBA:  Twitter and Instagramhttp://bit.ly/uclaMBAIntroduceYourselfQuestions? Contact us at: mba.admissions@anderson.ucla.edu
Manager
Manager
UCLA Anderson Application Insider: Top 10 FAQs from Applicants [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 27 Dec 2017, 11:01
FROM NewsUCLA: UCLA Anderson Application Insider: Top 10 FAQs from Applicants
his post is part of our "Application Insider" blog post series that provides insider information, tips, and advice about applying to the UCLA Anderson MBA program.

TOP 10 FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS

We have compiled the top Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) we have received from prospective applicants via e-mail, phone calls, and in person. We hope the tips below help you on your MBA information gathering and your application journey.

Q1. What events are available at UCLA Anderson for prospective students interested in learning more about the MBA program and where can I sign up for them?

A1. UCLA Anderson offers group information sessions, school tours, class visits, coffee chats, lunch chats, and webinars as opportunities for prospective students to get to know us. To sign up, you can visit our Events calendar to register for a day that works for your schedule. Please note that some of these events have capacity limits. More events will be added at the start of the new year.

Q2. How do I get in touch with current students and alumni?

A2. You can reach out to our current students through our Connect with a Student interest form. Here, you can select your specific career interests and get linked up to current students pursuing similar career goals.

Q3. Do I need to submit my official transcripts and/or official test (GMAT, GRE, TOEFL, IELTS) scores when I apply to UCLA Anderson?

A3. No, you do not need to submit your official transcript documents or official test scores when applying. With your application you upload scanned unofficial copies of your transcripts and documents, and self-reported test scores are perfectly sufficient for the admissions committee to evaluate. If invited for an interview, you will be asked to provide hard copies of your transcripts and official test scores (more specific details will be provided).

Q4. Do I need to take the TOEFL/IELTS?

A4. We require all international applicants to provide TOEFL or IELTS scores (with exception of those educated in Australia, Barbados, Canada, Ireland, Jamaica, New Zealand, or the United Kingdom), regardless of the language of instruction during your undergraduate studies. This is a requirement from UCLA Graduate Division, which is the authority that oversees all graduate admissions.

Q5. Do you offer a GMAT/GRE waiver?

A5. We do not offer GMAT/GRE waivers for any reason. All applicants must submit either GMAT or GRE scores and we recommend you take the test you feel most comfortable with, as there is currently no preference for either exam in the admissions review process.

Q6. Can I submit updates to my application after I have submitted it?

A6. Unfortunately, we do not accept updates to the application once it has been submitted. If you do wish to add information after your application has been submitted, then your application will be moved to a later round for consideration.

Q7. Do you accept transfer students or credits from other MBA programs?

A7. No, we do not accept transfer students or credits from other MBA programs. We believe that part of the Anderson experience is developing relationships with classmates during the two years of attendance in the MBA program.  You may still apply, but you would be required to begin as a first-year student. It may be possible to test out of some core courses to be replaced by MBA elective courses of your choice.

Q8. Is there a minimum GMAT/GRE score or GPA required for admission?

A8. No. Many factors are considered in the decision process. Admissions decisions are not made solely on the basis of grades and test scores. However, you may want to note our average and range of scores in our most recent class profile and ensure that your GMAT or GRE score (including Writing Assessment) represents your ability. If your score doesn't reflect your ability, we recommend that you consider retaking the test.

Q9. If I earned a three-year undergraduate degree, am I still eligible to apply?

A9. Yes, you are still welcome to apply. We do admit students with 3-year degrees but the rest of your application needs to be exceptionally strong to compete against other applicants. If you would like your academic records to equate to a 4-year degree, you would need to either complete a Master’s degree or other Post Graduate Degree/Diploma.

Q10. Can I begin the MBA program in the winter or spring?

A10. Unfortunately, we do not offer spring or winter admission.  All students in the Full-Time MBA program start at the same time (end of summer).

---

Stay in Touch: Introduce YourselfFollow the Admissions Team @uclaMBA:  Twitter and Instagramhttp://bit.ly/uclaMBAIntroduceYourselfQuestions? Contact us at: mba.admissions@anderson.ucla.edu
Manager
Manager
UCLA Anderson Application Insider: Round 2 Deadline Tomorrow! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 04 Jan 2018, 01:01
FROM NewsUCLA: UCLA Anderson Application Insider: Round 2 Deadline Tomorrow!

ROUND 2 DEADLINE

It's hard to believe that 2018 is already here and that our Round 2 deadline is only a day away -- January 5, 2018 at midnight (Los Angeles time)! For us on the Admissions Committee, we're gearing up for the busiest time of the admissions cycle, as this is typically the round in which we receive the greatest number of applications.  We will definitely keep everyone in the loop with any admissions updates on this blog and on our social media accounts (Instagramand Twitter), so keep checking in!

Not sure if you should apply in Round 2 or wait? For those who are not ready to submit by the Round 2 deadline, our Round 3 deadline is April 12, 2018 so you have a few more months to work on your application. Here's some more information about the pros and cons of applying in each round.

If you are able to visit us on campus, we highly encourage joining us for a Campus Experience program that includes class visits, campus tours, and more.  Our programming for Winter quarter will begin on Tuesday, January 9th and registration is now open -- click here to learn more and RSVP (spots are limited!).  Additional campus experience spots will be added over the next few weeks so keep checking back.

As always, if you have any questions, please don't hesitate to reach out to us at [email=%20mba.admissions@anderson.ucla.edu]mba.admissions@anderson.ucla.edu[/email] or call our office at (310) 825-6944

---
Stay in Touch:
Manager
Manager
UCLA Anderson Application Insider: Interview Tips [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 10 Jan 2018, 09:01
FROM NewsUCLA: UCLA Anderson Application Insider: Interview Tips
This blog post is part of our "Application Insider" blog post series that provides insider information, tips, and advice about applying to the UCLA Anderson MBA program.

INTERVIEW TIPS

The first step to ensuring that you are prepared for your MBA interview is to understand the interview process for the school that you are applying to. For instance, our interviews are by-invitation-only interviews, which means that we first evaluate your application before deciding whether or not to invite you to interview, so make sure that you pique our interest in your application. As for the actual interviews, they are about thirty-minute, blind interviews, that are mostly conducted by our second year full-time MBA students. If invited to interview, you will be given the option of either coming to campus for an in-person interview or scheduling a Skype interview. Both options carry equal weight and there is no advantage or preference for either.

Here are a few more tips to help you with your interview:

• Be professional. Treat the interview as you would an employment interview. Be on time, bring an updated copy of your resume with you, and dress professionally. 
  • Remember that the interview is not one-sided, it is meant to be a conversation. Be prepared to share about yourself, engage in the conversation, and ask thoughtful questions. 
  • Be clear about why you are pursuing an MBA, what your goals are, and why UCLA Anderson is a good choice for you. Understand how your experience to date can help support your goals and how the MBA specifically can help you fill any gaps or help you develop further. You should also be prepared to speak to how you can contribute to our community. 
  • Be yourself and enjoy the conversation. The interview is an opportunity for you to showcase your personality, enhance your candidacy, and learn more about UCLA Anderson. 
For any additional information on the admissions interview or the admissions process in general, I encourage you to review our Requirements and FAQ webpages.

---

Manager
Manager
From The Dean's Desk: Round 2 Decisions Released Today [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 29 Mar 2018, 06:01
FROM NewsUCLA: From The Dean's Desk: Round 2 Decisions Released Today
This post is part of our “From the Dean’s Desk” series, where we hear directly from our UCLA Anderson leaders across the school.

The remaining decisions to our full-time MBA Round 2 applicants were released just after midnight today. All of our Admissions Officers really enjoyed calling and speaking with each admit to welcome them to join the UCLA Anderson Class of 2020!

All Round 2 applicants received an email to check their Status Page for their decision letter.  If you applied but did not see the notification email, please check your spam folder, or just go directly to your Status Page to view your admissions decision. Any Round 1 applicants who were placed on the waitlist also received an email with an update on their application status.

We are already receiving Round 3 applications  -- the last round of this application season -- so we look forward to seeing many more excellent candidates by the Round 3 submission deadline of April 12, 2018.

Thank you to everyone who took the time to complete our application for Round 2, good luck to those working on applications for Round 3, and congratulations to all of our new admits!

Cheers!

Alex

-- Alex Lawrence

Assistant Dean and Director - MBA Admissions and Financial Aid

---
Stay in Touch:
 Introduce YourselfFollow the Admissions Team @uclaMBA:  Twitter and Instagramhttp://bit.ly/uclaMBAIntroduceYourselfQuestions? Contact us at: mba.admissions@anderson.ucla.edu
Manager
Manager
Campus Experience Programming: Spring [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 30 Mar 2018, 06:01
FROM NewsUCLA: Campus Experience Programming: Spring

We invite you to preview the UCLA Anderson experience by participating in our MBA Campus Experience program during Spring Quarter -- programming begins the first week of April and will end the first week of June. We strongly recommend you sign up if you are able, as this will be your last opportunity until Fall Quarter begins in October (this is especially important for those considering applying Round 1 of our next application cycle!)

Our Campus Experience offerings may include General Information Session (GIS) presentations, school tours, class visits, coffee chats, and lunches. These events are great ways to learn more about the MBA program, our culture and individual experiences through the recruiting process and club involvement.

• General Information Session (GIS) Presentation
    Learn about what sets us apart as a leading MBA program, pick up tips on how to successfully navigate the admissions process and get answers to your questions. Sessions are held generally on Mondays and Wednesdays at 5:00 PM and are hosted by a second-year student ambassador or an admissions officer.

• School Tour
    Stroll through our beautiful campus and surrounding grounds with a student ambassador tour guide to see how our students make the most of our world class facilities. Tours are offered generally on Mondays and Wednesdays during the academic year at 4:00 PM.

• Class Visit
    Join our students in an actual full-time MBA class and experience the collaborative environment among our students and faculty. Classes are generally held Monday through Thursday during the academic year.

• Coffee and Lunch Chats
    Learn first-hand from a current student all about our culture and opportunities at UCLA Anderson. Grab your own favorite beverage or food and join the conversation. Student coffee and lunch chats are offered at varying times Monday through Thursday.
If you can’t join us in person on-campus, you can still connect with us online at an General Information Session Webinar hosted by a student ambassador or admissions officer on most Thursdays from 11:30 AM – 12:30 PM and/or watch one our featured students on a Liveguide webinar session (check out the archives!) as they share highlights of their personal MBA journeys.

-- Ilana Van Allen '13, Associate Director of MBA Admissions

---

Stay in Touch: Introduce YourselfFollow the Admissions Team @uclaMBA:  Twitter and Instagramhttp://bit.ly/uclaMBAIntroduceYourselfQuestions? Contact us at: mba.admissions@anderson.ucla.edu
Campus Experience Programming: Spring   [#permalink] 30 Mar 2018, 06:01

Go to page   Previous    1   2   3   4   [ 69 posts ] 

UCLA Anderson MBA Admissions & Related Blogs

new topic post reply Update application status  

Moderator: mihir0710

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap