Last visit was: 27 Apr 2024, 22:32 It is currently 27 Apr 2024, 22:32

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 19 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Director
Director
Send PM
Director
Director
Send PM
Director
Director
Send PM
How I funded my Masters in Finance at LBS [#permalink]
FROM LBS Admissions Blog: How I funded my Masters in Finance at LBS
By [b]Andrea Lara Cid, MIFFT2024 and Godwine Towo, MIFPT2024[/b]

[b]Andrea Lara Cid, MIFFT2024[/b]

Bombarded by a million thoughts, I took a deep breath and said to myself, “One step at a time” just before submitting my master’s application.

I’ll skip the part where I was invited for an interview, got through it, and waited anxiously until I got a call from London: I had been accepted. As I hung up, I pranced around in excitement, texting the good news to my family and closest friends. But the excitement didn’t last long; a few hours later, I received an email with the offer and, yes, the tuition fees – That’s a mortgage, I thought.

Like most Latin American students, I was hit by a wave of panic, feeling as if my dreams were slipping through my fingers. To make things worse, I learned that although universities grant scholarships, these are partial academic scholarships, and only a select few receive one. I was also told about two companies that extend loans to international students in the UK without collateral: Prodigy and Lendwise – FYI following an acceptance letter, universities usually provide a list of lending companies they’ve worked with. 

I knew I would be investing in my human capital, but indebtedness terrified me, it still does. Giving up on my dream, however, was out of the question. So, I did what I do best: I looked for solutions. Based on my savings and possible family contributions, I estimated my funding gap, factoring in tuition costs, living expenses, and visa processing fees, and created a spreadsheet with all available options.

As a natural enemy of uncertainty, my first choice was the Chevening Award, a full scholarship funded by the British government – US Fulbright Program equivalent. However, given the 2-3% acceptance rate, I had to devise a plan B. So, I applied for a merit scholarship to the university and requested quotes from the two loan companies: Prodigy offered me a longer-term loan in dollars, and Lendwise a lower interest rate loan in pounds – I chose Lendwise. To cover living expenses, plan B also involved applying for a government loan in pesos with FIDERH, a trust fund managed by the Central Bank of Mexico – Similar institutions include COLFUTURO (Colombia), CONAPE (Costa Rica), and CORFO (Chile).

Events were unfolding favourably for me. The university awarded me a merit scholarship for over 25% of tuition, my FIDERH application was successful, and I moved on to the interview phase of Chevening. As Chevening’s results are usually announced in June, the university granted me a reservation fee waiver (where justified, schools are often flexible in these matters); however, the results were not positive, so I had to stick with plan B.

While I didn’t manage to get rid of uncertainty, plan B opened a whole new range of professional and personal opportunities – I’m no longer required to return to Mexico. I still haven’t figured out how I will repay the loans, but I’m betting on myself. After all, a master’s abroad ought to be an investment with an expected return attractive enough to compensate for the risk. Besides, I won’t be the first to take out a student loan, most students resort to external financing, and the vast majority can repay it – many of them use their signing bonus to prepay all or part of their debt.

To minimize currency risk and make the most of the experience, I now face the challenge of getting a job in the UK upon graduation (taking advantage of the option to switch from a student to a skilled worker visa), and I’m determined to succeed. I’m ready to learn, apply, get rejected, and try again; most importantly, I’m willing to embrace uncertainty, confident in my abilities, character, and the tools my chosen university will provide me with to further develop my skills and expand my network.

Godwine Towo, MIFPT2024

I am funding my MIF degree through a combination of a scholarship, savings & loans. I was privileged enough to have been granted a merit scholarship covering 30% of my tuition. Self-sponsored students on the Part-time programme have an option to pay in instalments, and so the remainder of my tuition will be covered by my savings and loan.

I started exploring funding options well before applying to the programme. I approached the Admissions team to discuss funding types and eligibility for different scholarships and looked inward to my own disposable income by the first payment date. 

Take time to explore all possible financing options before starting your programme. The earlier you do so the better as it’s one less distraction while studying.

Come open-minded, approach people, and ask lots of questions, we are a friendly bunch at LBS, be it current students, ambassadors, alumni or the admissions team, someone will always be willing to share their experience or advise you.

Five years after graduation you might not remember the grades you scored nor the courses you took but you will certainly remember the people you met, the network you built and that network could be invaluable for your career, so make the most of the student life at LBS and the network! 
This Blog post was imported into the forum automatically. We hope you found it helpful. Please use the Kudos button if you did, or please PM/DM me if you found it disruptive and I will take care of it. -BB
Director
Director
Send PM
WHAT TO CONSIDER BEFORE APPROACHING YOUR EMPLOYER FOR SPONSORSHIP Mast [#permalink]
FROM LBS Admissions Blog: WHAT TO CONSIDER BEFORE APPROACHING YOUR EMPLOYER FOR SPONSORSHIP – Masters in Finance
By Charlotte Tait (Senior Manager for External Partnership)

As the Senior Manager for External Partnerships of Degree Programmes at LBS, I manage the school’s corporate relationships with employers who sponsor their staff to study with us.

Organisations choose to support their employees through our degree programmes for a variety of different reasons. Some might be looking to fill specific skill gaps in their workforce, retain their highest performers or support an individual’s transition into a different area of the business.

There are different types of company support, and different rationales behind these policies. Some organisations have degree programme sponsorship built into their career development policies and are available to a certain number of top-performing employees, each year. Some organisations will sponsor individual employees who approach them for support, on a case-by-case basis.

Whatever type of company support you are seeking, before you prepare your business case to present it to your employer, you should consider the following questions:

1. What are your motivations for studying this programme?

Think about your reasons at the most basic level. In your business case, you want to be open and honest with your employer about these. If your objective were to secure a transition away from your current employer, I’d advise against asking for corporate sponsorship. If you choose to leave your organisation having agreed sponsorship, you will likely incur financial penalties and perhaps burn your bridges with that organisation that has invested in you.

By being upfront about your motivations, you can demonstrate the mutually beneficial outcomes that will result from your learning experience.

2. How is your performance viewed in your organisation?

Have you had strong and consistent ratings in your annual and quarterly appraisals? Have you been identified or selected for any kind of high-potential or fast-tracked leadership pool?

As the rate of career transitions an individual makes in their lifetime increases, most HR Directors have the challenge of retaining their high-performing/high-potential staff. It is much easier to approach the question of company sponsorship from a position of strength, so keep in mind how you are evaluated and what you have contributed to the organisation.

3. Have you checked the existing Learning & Development opportunities offered by your organisation?

It’s important to familiarise yourself with what is already offered so that you can elaborate on why your development needs are not already addressed within the existing internal development portfolio.

While some organisations have structured policies to support external training such as that offered by LBS degree programmes, the likelihood is that it will not be part of an existing offering, in which case you’ll need to be able to justify the additional expense of pursuing a degree programme at an elite business school.

Your business case will need to be professional and analyse where the programme will meet your needs where internal programmes will not.

4. What internal support do you have?

It is important to be able to harness any internal support to back up your business case. In most cases, it will be difficult to progress in negotiations without the support of your line manager and you should consider what support you might have at more senior levels of the organisation. Perhaps you have a mentor or other strong relationships that might be happy to demonstrate support for your plan.

Additionally, if you are aware of any LBS or business school alumni in your organisation, they can help attest to the value of obtaining a business school degree.

Once you’ve considered these questions, it’s important to be prepared with a carefully designed business case to take to your company. To help with this please read creating your case for company sponsorship blog.

For more information about fees and financing your masters, visit our website.

Masters in Finance Full Time

Masters in Finance Part Time
This Blog post was imported into the forum automatically. We hope you found it helpful. Please use the Kudos button if you did, or please PM/DM me if you found it disruptive and I will take care of it. -BB
Director
Director
Send PM
My experience applying to LBS and securing Company Sponsorship Jaione [#permalink]
FROM LBS Admissions Blog: My experience applying to LBS and securing Company Sponsorship – Jaione Antoñana Gonzalo, MIFFT2024
By Jaione Antoñana Gonzalo, MIFFT2024

I am grateful that my company, Fineco Banca Privada Kutxabank, is sponsoring my studies at LBS this year. More than 20 years ago, my colleague Álvaro Urien completed the Full-time Masters in Finance (MIFFT), and the positive impact he made on the company after completing the programme inspired me to pursue my studies here.

It has been a considerable amount of time since my company last sponsored such a programme. Nevertheless, years later, the programme continues to hold a high reputation and leads the rankings for a reason. It’s worth mentioning that this was crucial in securing my sponsorship, as the CEO of our company presented me with this opportunity under one condition: the company would only sponsor tier 1 masters programmes.

Furthermore, as a prospective post-experience student, I was keen not to miss the opportunity to reside in a renowned financial centre where major financial events unfold. This consideration narrowed down my options and given the limited number of institutions that met the criteria, I knew it was going to be a challenge.

London Business School was always my top choice. Yet, while I was aware of the programme’s potential and the reputation of LBS, I wanted to ensure that the masters was the right fit for me. To achieve this, I proactively reached out to student ambassadors and alumni. I found their profiles on the MIFFT webpage, and after learning more about them, I contacted those whose professional and personal aspirations resonated with me the most. They were all easily accessible, either through email or LinkedIn, allowing me not only to inquire about the programme itself but also to discuss personal and professional concerns.

This process reinforced my desire to be a part of the LBS community, and I started preparing my application. I dedicated part of my summer vacation to prepare everything thoroughly and sought guidance whenever I had doubts about how to make my profile more appealing. During this process, I was able to exchange ideas and opinions with the student ambassadors I spoke to. I also had the opportunity to meet people from the Recruitment and Admissions team during a coffee chat event in Madrid. I remember leaving the event feeling amazed, overwhelmed, and thrilled, all at the same time. At that point, I had a strong desire to become a part of the LBS community. For this reason, after completing my application, I shared my remaining concerns with the LBS Recruitment and Admissions team. After this process, I was fully prepared to apply to LBS’ MIFFT, confident in my potential.

Without a doubt, one of the keys to the success of my application was my proactiveness. Initially, cold messaging people at LBS might feel awkward, but it certainly made a difference in navigating the application process. It helped me envision myself at LBS and reinforced my determination to enter the program, which, undoubtedly, in one way or another, was reflected in my application.

The second key is consistency. Once you realize that LBS is where you want to be to pursue your personal and professional aspirations, remember you will ultimately be responsible for your success. Don’t underestimate your strengths and strive to transform your areas of development into new strengths during the application process.

And last, but certainly not least, enjoy the process. Thanks to the application process, I met people who are now my friends. Inspiring individuals, the kind of people you enjoy being surrounded by. Indeed, if there’s one thing about LBS, it’s the people, and they will always be willing to share your success with you.
Director
Director
Send PM
Learnings from my first week at LBS Snehal, MBA2025 [#permalink]
FROM LBS Admissions Blog: Learnings from my first week at LBS – Snehal, MBA2025

By Snehal, MBA2025

Last year, around this time, I was in a state of nervous anticipation after submitting my application to London Business School. I hoped and prayed that I would be at LBS the following year. Fast forward to today, and I find myself sitting in the LBS Sammy Ofer Centre Student Lounge, writing an article for the LBS blog. Isn’t it incredible how much can change in a year?

My first week at LBS was filled with all the elements of a blockbuster – excitement, suspense, and a cast of diverse characters, but most importantly, it was filled with immense growth.

• Diversity is not a buzzword; it is the fabric of LBS reality. Diversity was the driving force behind my decision to apply to and ultimately choose LBS, yet the sheer magnitude of it blew me away. With 487 people from +60 nationalities (43% women, the highest percentage ever on the LBS MBA), I was surrounded by brilliant minds from Day 1. During Orientation Week, engaging in frequent conversations about various facets of different cultures became a norm, whether discussing Pisco Sour with Peruvians or delving into the intricacies of Israel’s vibrant start-up culture. I quickly realised how lucky I was to have the chance to forge friendships with peers from all corners of the world and how vital this global network will be throughout my career.

• You will not be the smartest in the room, which is precisely why you are here. I distinctly remember that moment as I entered the Queen Elizabeth II Centre hall and witnessed the vibrant energy of over 450 individuals – it dawned on me that my LBS dream had come true. There, I met my exceptional classmates who had achieved extraordinary feats, from founding multiple start-ups to serving in their country’s military. Initially, I felt a sense of intimidation and uncertainty – how did I fit into the same cohort as these accomplished individuals? However, it did not take long for me to know how fortunate I was. Our cohort’s diversity of talent and experiences was not a source of intimidation but an invitation to join forces and reach new heights. It highlighted the value of collaboration and the belief that we could accomplish more than we ever could as individuals.

• We are in this together. The MBA journey is not just about earning a degree. It is about the profound impact of collective growth and shared experiences. I observed this during our session with Career Services. The hosts encouraged us to split into groups and discuss our career aspirations. It was incredibly heart warming to find individuals already thriving in the very fields I aspired to enter, generously offering their guidance and support. This experience reaffirmed what had crossed my mind the day before: the presence of exceptionally talented and knowledgeable individuals around me was a tremendous asset. The class further photo-etched this understanding into my memory when I saw all +450 in one frame, representing our shared journey and boundless potential.

• Growth is challenging but necessary. The Orientation Week was a whirlwind of new faces, academic challenges, and social activities; the sheer volume of information, social events, and networking opportunities was overwhelming. But amidst the whirlwind, there was an unmistakable sense of growth and personal development – a learning I experienced first-hand at the Away Day (an outdoorsy day filled with challenges, aiming to bring people together). When I signed up for an MBA, I never imagined leaping from tall poles would be required (FYI, I am petrified of heights), but I did it. My jump was not just about overcoming a personal fear but a symbolic leap into a world where growth, adaptability and teamwork were paramount.

As I stepped onto the vibrant Sussex Lawns for the Welcome BBQ, the culminating event of the Orientation Week, I realised I was looking forward to seeing my classmates, no longer strangers or imposing figures but friends. However, the magic did not stop there. As I engaged with their partners and children, I truly grasped the authenticity and depth of the connections developing within our MBA community. It became clear that the MBA journey was not just about individual growth and achievement but about the bonds we would create, the struggles we would face, and the memories we would make.

Our time at LBS is not merely an academic pursuit; it is a chapter in our lives marked by the beauty of togetherness and a chapter we will treasure for a lifetime
Director
Director
Send PM
Our Orientation Highlights MBA2025 Class [#permalink]
FROM LBS Admissions Blog: Our Orientation Highlights – MBA2025 Class
On 14 August 2023, we welcomed our new MBA2025 class to London Business School. The class is 487 strong, representing over 60 different nationalities. The MBA course kicks off with Orientation Week, with activities both on campus and off campus. The week starts with Orientation Day, which is a day of welcoming, from the Dean, Vice Dean, Programme Director and Alumni. Later on, the week includes lots of introductions to LBS and lots of opportunities for the streams to get to know each other, especially during the Away Day!

We surveyed out incoming students to find out what their highlights of Orientation Week are!

Sonal Pai (USA)

Orientation week was truly an incredible experience. The opportunity to meet and connect with people from a multitude of nationalities was incredibly eye-opening. Having spent a considerable time in my own country’s bubble, enriching myself in such diverse perspectives was refreshing and exciting! The highlight of the week was undoubtedly the away day, where our team embarked on a rock-climbing adventure and scaled to new heights together, fostering camaraderie and teamwork.

Anushree Mathur (Switzerland)

The LBS MBA Orientation Week was the perfect start to an amazing new journey. I loved the opportunity to meet so many of the incredibly diverse and talented MBA class, and already start forming close friendships and core memories, from climbing walls to enjoying the sunshine in the garden on the beautiful campus. It was a fantastic showcase of the supportive, global and community-focused LBS culture, and left me feeling more excited than ever for the two years ahead.

Adelaide Young (British/ American)

I found the Orientation Week really useful, as it helps to ease you into everything, while still providing useful information and time to make friends. Without it I’d be completely overwhelmed, as there is just so much happening! It is a lot of fun. Be prepared to lose your voice though – you spend that much time talking to people!

Ankit Sureka (India)

Seek discomfort comfortably with LBS. Moving to a new country, hoping to make new friends and building a new life can be so overwhelming. The Orientation Week at LBS makes this transition feel so seamless. Well-paced intro-sessions, networking opportunities, team-building activities and the barbecue finale are all structured perfectly to make you feel confident that you belong.
Director
Director
Send PM
MBA Application Preparation: Reference [#permalink]
FROM LBS Admissions Blog: MBA Application Preparation: Reference
Generally, we get a lot of questions about the reference requirements we have at London Business School for our applications. After all, it is the one part of the application that you may not necessarily have complete control over! In the second blog of our MBA Application Preparation series, I want to shed a little bit of light on why we ask for a professional reference, and what information it gives to the Admissions Committee when they read applications.

What is the reference?

Reference. Letter of reference. Letter of recommendation. It might be named different things by different business schools, but for London Business School, we call it reference. For applications to the MBA programme, we only require one professional reference.

It gives us the Admissions Committee a little more insight into you as a candidate. They will have an idea of who you are from the application form and the essays, but the reference gives more of an external view of who you are. A strong reference will be able to give insights into character and abilities, and show that you’re a professional, unique, and well-regarded individual, ready to adjust to the rigorous nature of a business school programme.

Why do business schools like LBS ask for a professional reference?

Unlike our pre-experience programmes, like our Masters in Management, Masters in Financial Analysis and our Masters in Analytics and Management, who accept an academic reference, we prefer a professional reference as part of the MBA application. The reason for this is that we’re a post experience programme – we require candidates to have at least 2 years of work experience, so it’s very likely it will have been some time since you were at university. As a result, an academic reference would not paint a current picture of you and you want to be sure you’re providing the Admissions Committee with as up-to-date information as you can.

Who should I ask to be my referee?

This question is really a vital one to ask! You’ll want to make sure you’re submitting the highest quality application you can, so of course who to pick as your referee will feed into this. My top piece of advice is to pick someone that knows you well – someone who can attest to your overall character, your day-to-day work, who can assess things like how you work in a team, how you handle pressure and what your leadership potential is like. We sometimes get asked if it’s better to ask someone who is very senior in the company, like a CFO or CEO, to write the reference, but this is not the best idea if they have absolutely no idea who you are and what you do!

In light of this, asking a direct line manager is probably the best port of call as they will have a close working relationship with you. They will know your personality, understand your performance at work and be able to assess your potential for the future.

What if I’m not telling my manager/company that I’m applying for an MBA, or I work for a family business? Who should I ask?

Do not worry if you’re not telling your company you’re looking to go to business school – the Admissions Committee comes across this a lot. If you have clients you work quite closely with, that could be a good option. If there are colleagues you trust that you work with, that could be another avenue. Alternatively, you could ask a former line manager if you’ve recently changed companies (more on this below!)

If you work for a family business, it’s imperative that you do not ask a family member to write a reference for you. This is a conflict of interest, so please look to any clients the company has, or any non-family members present in the business.

What if I’ve moved roles and I want a former line manager to write the reference for me? Can I do that?

This is okay, but with a caveat. It’s generally best that it’s been no more than 2 years since you moved companies. As I mentioned earlier, you’re going to want to craft your application to be an up-to-date picture of you, so asking someone you haven’t worked with in some time, will limit their ability to do this. So, if you have changed roles quite recently and you don’t want to jeopardise anything in your current firm, it’s okay to look to former colleagues or managers to write the reference.

You only ask for one professional reference. Can I submit any other letters of reference or recommendation?

We do not accept any other general letters of reference or recommendation. The only exception we have to this is if you have a connection to LBS students or alumni and they wish to write a recommendation for you. Please ask your LBS connection to email us at mba@london.edu for them to get access to the form.

But don’t worry if you don’t know anyone from LBS yet! It’s not a mandatory part of the application to have LBS connections.

Any other pieces of advice?

Although you won’t be able to control what they write on your reference, it’s a great idea to brief your referee. Do let them know why you require the reference, and do share with them your motivations for applying to LBS and for your career goals. Taking them out for a coffee to do this never hurts! Be sure to ask them in plenty of time ahead of application submission!

Finally, if they’re busy and they ask you to write it instead, do not do this under any circumstance. If this happens, it’s best to look to another person to write the reference.

Read the first blog of the series: MBA Application Preparation: GMAT/GRE
Director
Director
Send PM
Reflecting on my Executive MBA journey with LBS [#permalink]
FROM LBS Admissions Blog: Reflecting on my Executive MBA journey with LBS
Considering the Executive MBA programme at London Business School but unsure if it’s right for you? Gain valuable insights from Omar Abuhanoud, Senior Manager of Corporate Communications at Visa, who shares his experience studying on the programme.

What is the biggest myth about going back to school?

In my personal experience, I found that the biggest myth about going back to school was that it would require sacrificing my work and family life entirely. This was not the case. While it certainly required a significant amount of effort and sacrifice, I found that I was able to balance my responsibilities and continue to meet the needs of my family and employer while pursuing my degree. I learned that time management and prioritization were key to achieving success in all areas of my life. By setting clear goals and priorities, creating a schedule that accommodated all my responsibilities, and communicating my needs with my family and employer, I was able to manage my time effectively and stay on top of my coursework.

Why did you choose this Executive MBA programme?

I chose London Business School’s Executive MBA programme because of its reputation as one of the top business schools in the world and its commitment to excellence in business education. The program offers a rigorous curriculum that combines academic theory with practical business experience, giving me the skills and knowledge, I need to advance my career and achieve my goals. One of the things that stood out to me about the Executive MBA programme is its focus on global business issues. With campuses in London and Dubai, the program offers a truly international perspective that is essential in today’s interconnected business world. I was particularly drawn to the Dubai campus, which is situated in the heart of the Middle East and offers a unique opportunity to learn about the region’s business and cultural practices.

Another aspect of the programme that appealed to me is its emphasis on leadership development. The program is designed to help participants become effective leaders who can inspire and motivate their teams to achieve their full potential. With a focus on self-awareness, emotional intelligence, and interpersonal communication, the program provides a comprehensive approach to leadership that is essential for success in today’s business environment.

What was the main reason you chose an Executive MBA programme over part-time or online alternatives?

I chose an Executive MBA programme because I was looking for a more immersive and comprehensive learning experience, which would help me develop my skills as a leader and prepare me for higher-level roles in my organization. Unlike part-time or online programmes, the Executive MBA programme allowed me to fully immerse myself in the learning experience and collaborate with a diverse group of experienced professionals who brought a wide range of perspectives and insights. I valued the face-to-face interactions with professors and classmates and the opportunity to engage in in-depth discussions and debates that challenged my thinking and broadened my understanding of complex business issues.

Additionally, the structured and rigorous curriculum of the Executive MBA programme provided me with a well-rounded education that covered all aspects of business, including leadership, finance, marketing, strategy, and operations. Overall, the Executive MBA programme was the best fit for my learning style and professional goals.

What is the biggest lesson you gained during your EMBA and how did you apply it at work?

The biggest lesson I gained during my EMBA was the importance of strategic thinking. Specifically, I learned that successful leaders are those who are able to look beyond the short term and make decisions based on a long-term vision. This lesson has been invaluable to me in my current role. I have applied this lesson by taking a more strategic approach to problem-solving and decision-making. Instead of focusing solely on the immediate situation, I try to consider how my actions will affect our long-term goals and objectives. I have also made a conscious effort to communicate this mindset to my team and encourage them to think strategically as well. By doing so, I believe we have been able to achieve greater alignment and make more informed decisions that are better aligned with our overall mission.

Which academic or extracurricular achievement are you most proud of at LBS?

During business school, I was elected as the social representative. Not only was it a great opportunity to meet new people and expand my network, but it also allowed me to help create a fun and engaging environment for my fellow students outside of the classroom. I believe that having a strong sense of community and social support is essential to success in any academic or professional setting, and I was honoured to be able to play a role in fostering that kind of atmosphere at our school.

Which MBA classmate did you most admire?

It’s hard to name one person in particular as there were a great many people in my cohort worth of admiration. In general, however, I admired those classmates who consistently demonstrated a strong work ethic, a positive attitude, and exceptional leadership skills. Those who were always willing to lend a helping hand, whether it was in group projects or in supporting individual classmates. We had some great team players on the cohort who naturally brought people together to achieve common goals. I was inspired by their ability to balance the demands of the MBA program with their personal and professional responsibilities, and their commitment to making the most of their time in the programme. Their enthusiasm and energy were infectious, and they made a lasting impact on our class.

Who was your favourite MBA professor?

My favourite EMBA professor was Andrew Scott, who taught Economics. I was particularly drawn to his teaching style, which is engaging and thought-provoking. He had a knack for presenting complex economic concepts in a way that was both accessible and relevant to our coursework. What I appreciated most about Professor Scott was his willingness to challenge our assumptions and encourage us to think critically about the economic forces shaping our world.

What achievement are you most proud of in your professional career?

The achievement I’m most proud of in my professional career is the ability to inspire and empower others to achieve their goals. Whether it’s through mentoring, leading by example, or simply being a supportive colleague, I’ve always tried to encourage those around me to reach their full potential. What inspires me the most is the knowledge that even the smallest actions can have a big impact on someone’s life. By taking the time to listen, offer guidance, or lend a helping hand, we can help others overcome obstacles, build their confidence, and achieve success. I believe that by being a positive force in the workplace, we can create a ripple effect that extends far beyond our immediate sphere of influence. We can inspire others to pay it forward, creating a culture of support and collaboration that benefits everyone.

My proudest moments in my career are when I see the people, I’ve worked with succeed and thrive. When I see a colleague take on a new challenge or achieve a long-held goal, I feel a sense of pride and fulfilment that is hard to put into words. In the end, I believe that the greatest achievement in any career is the ability to make a difference in the lives of others. By being an inspiration and a source of support, we can help others achieve their dreams and make the world a better place.

What is your ultimate long-term professional goal?

My ultimate long-term professional goal is to become a senior manager developing and executing strategic corporate communications plans that drive growth and profitability for the business. I believe that my skills in data analysis, creativity, and leadership will help me achieve this goal and make a positive impact on the organization. Moreover, I am committed to continuous learning and development, and I believe that the challenges and opportunities of the tech industry will provide me with the stimulation and motivation to grow both professionally and personally.

What advice would you give to a student looking to enter an Executive MBA programme?

My advice for a student looking to enter an Executive MBA programme is to clarify their career goals, research their options thoroughly, and prepare for the academic rigor of the program. They should consider the program format that best suits their needs and engage with their classmates to build valuable connections and expand their professional horizons. Pursuing an Executive MBA can be a transformative experience that opens up new opportunities for their career, but it requires a significant commitment of time and effort. By following these tips, they can make the most of their Executive MBA experience and achieve their full potential as a business leader.

For further information about our Executive MBA Dubai programme click here.

For further information about our Executive MBA London programme click here.
GMAT Club Bot
Reflecting on my Executive MBA journey with LBS [#permalink]
   1  ...  11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22