It is currently 20 Sep 2017, 09:57

Happening Now:

MBA Chat with Michelle Miller, MBA Admission Expert

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Feedback on target schools?

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: [0], given: 0

Feedback on target schools? [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 23 Nov 2008, 10:03
My stats are:

- 3.9 Econ, at think UMich/Berkeley/UVA
- 3 years of Outsourcing Sales experience within Management Consulting at think Deloitte/IBM Consulting by the time I plan to enter b-school
- Early promotion this year to consultant
- ~700 GMAT (registered for Dec exam)
- Applying 2009 for fall 2010.

That said, my concern is 1) with only 3 years of experience, which schools within the top 10 should I have concerns about getting into and 2) although I work at a consulting firm, what view would an adcom have regarding outsourcing sales work? Please let me know.

Kudos [?]: [0], given: 0

Expert Post
1 KUDOS received
MBA Admissions Consultant
B

Kudos [?]: 576 [1], given: 74

Re: Feedback on target schools? [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 27 Nov 2008, 21:04
This post received
KUDOS
Expert's post
trojanaffairs,

Three years of work experience will make you competitive at almost all U.S. business schools these days. Two years or less of work experience is where some U.S. schools are drawing the line now. Regarding outsourcing sales work, the outsourcing part doesn't help you in the sense that outsourcing is a common profile element for many B-school applicants in one way or another, so it "hurts" in the sense that it doesn't help you stand out. The sales part doesn't help you if it seen as meaning you lead no one or you lack analytical skills. If you can show that these stereotypes about sales are false in your case and that you have substantial leadership experience at and/or outside of work than that minimizes the negative. Your association with strong-branded firms like Deloitte helps you.

Hope this helps,

Linda Abraham
Accepted ~ The Premier Admissions Consultancy
310-815-9553

Co-Author of: MBA Admission for Smarties: The No-Nonsense Guide to Acceptance at Top Business Schools

Follow Accepted on Twitter
Friend Accepted on Facebook
Subscribe to Accepted's Blog

Kudos [?]: 576 [1], given: 74

Re: Feedback on target schools?   [#permalink] 27 Nov 2008, 21:04