GMAT Question of the Day: Daily via email | Daily via Instagram New to GMAT Club? Watch this Video

It is currently 16 Jul 2020, 10:14

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

From GMAT prep to accepted by INSEAD and Cambridge Judge

new topic post reply Update application status  
TAGS:

Hide Tags

Find Similar Topics 
Current Student
B
Concentration: Strategy, Technology
GMAT 1: 720 Q50 V37
GPA: 3.52
WE: Information Technology (Aerospace and Defense)
Reviews Badge
From GMAT prep to accepted by INSEAD and Cambridge Judge  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 25 May 2020, 20:04
Proflie
Work Experience: 5-6 years in Canada, function: IT, industry: aviation
Background: Asian that immigrated to Canada 10 years ago
Did not use any admission consulting services

GMAT Preparation: 640 -> 680 -> 720 within 4 months
The first time I took my test, I wasn't prepared at all. I would not recommend taking an actual test just to test your ability because this is what I did, I only did one mock test and took the GMAT, got 640.

I was not happy with my score at all because I would like to get into BSchools with scholarships. I understand that my weakness is in the verbal part. I subscribed to several magazines (The Economist, ...), I find it really useful, to pump up my vocab in a short period of time. I susbcribed to Magoosh and practice the verbal questions every day. After two more attempts, I finally got a score that I'm satisfied with (720).

School application
My main goal is to switch to management consulting or tech companies. I applied to INSEAD first and was waitlisted. I always have an interest to work in the U.K. After spending some more time researching schools and talking to schools representatives, I decided that I actually want to study in the U.K. I rejected INSEAD's offer later after being admitted to the waitlist with scholarship (10K EURO), and applied to Cambridge Judge and LBS.

I received interview invitations from both Judge and LBS in round 1, but did not get an offer from LBS at the end which I felt a bit disappointed. After visiting Cambridge, I fell in love with the campus and felt much more connected with the other applicants that I met during the interview day. I received an offer from Judge with scholarship and I am excited and can't wait to start the programme in the coming Sept. Although there are many uncertanties given the current siituation, I am staying optimistic, I think some changes from the pandemic would not be reverted back, it is a good time to test our ability, and especially our adaptability.

When I shared with some of my friends that I chose Judge over INSEAD, some were shocked. But I believe that your own personal feeling / intuition towards the school really matters. Of course, school ranking and career outcomes are improtant. But after all, it is a big personal investment and a long break from work, I decided to choose a place that helps me better understand the country that I aim to work in and connect with locals.

Any advice?
I would recommend that you do a thorough school research, talk to people, list the factors that matter to you the most , prioritize them, to make a good decision.
GMAT Club Bot
From GMAT prep to accepted by INSEAD and Cambridge Judge   [#permalink] 25 May 2020, 20:04

From GMAT prep to accepted by INSEAD and Cambridge Judge

new topic post reply Update application status  

Moderator: Hatakekakashi