GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 20 Nov 2019, 05:00

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Game of Timers - Join the Competition to Win Prizes

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Founder
Founder
V
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3.5
GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member CAT Tests
Re: Game of Timers - Join the Competition to Win Prizes  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 09 Jul 2019, 04:28
Thank you and yes - I am a Dothraki but not a productive e member of the tribe since I am bringing 0 points. :-)

So I am more of a mascot :-)

Posted from my mobile device
G
GMAT 1: 570 Q43 V26
GMAT 2: 660 Q48 V34

Show Tags

New post 09 Jul 2019, 04:31
Thanks bb for such an entertaining application of useful concepts with enticing questions.

As of now We (white walkers) are a bit slow, but we eventually will cover up.

We are following the normal convention as of the show.

Brace yourselves winter is coming lol :D

Regards,
Rishav

Math Expert
V

Show Tags

New post 09 Jul 2019, 08:02
July 9

(You have one hour from the time of posting to earn Bonus GOT Points for the Timer and 24 hours for the Explanations. Note that your explanations will be hidden for 24 hours until the OA is revealed.)
P
GPA: 3.87
GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member

Show Tags

New post 09 Jul 2019, 08:46
ccheryn wrote:
Hi bb,

i can see dothraki colour to you also,. having BB in our team, we are coming second,
come on wake up Dothrakis,

Thanks for creating this creative , timely ( at the end of season 8) competition.

really it motivates my kind of personality to sit and solve many questions and revise. thanks really thanks for creating something like this. I joined this competition on 3rd day( july 3rd , yeah accidentally saw this competition only on that day). since then i am studying more hours per day.

All the best in the path to create best education forum in the whole World. As daenerys says, dont stop with just six kingdoms. All the best to rule the world , by setting example to how a education forum has to be.

I envy you to an extent.

thanks
cheryn

ccheryn

Let's do it DOTHRAKI

Attachments

Buzzer beater.gif
Buzzer beater.gif [ 992.61 KiB | Viewed 784 times ]

(no one is ideal, please correct if you see any mistakes or gaps in my explanation, it will be helpful for both of us, thank you)

Manager
G

Show Tags

New post 09 Jul 2019, 22:42
GKomoku wrote:
ccheryn wrote:
Hi bb,

i can see dothraki colour to you also,. having BB in our team, we are coming second,

Thanks for creating this creative , timely ( at the end of season 8) competition.

really it motivates my kind of personality to sit and solve many questions and revise. thanks really thanks for creating something like this. I joined this competition on 3rd day( july 3rd , yeah accidentally saw this competition only on that day). since then i am studying more hours per day.

All the best in the path to create best education forum in the whole World. As daenerys says, dont stop with just six kingdoms. All the best to rule the world , by setting example to how a education forum has to be.

I envy you to an extent.

thanks
cheryn

ccheryn

Let's do it DOTHRAKI

Dothraki,
Wake up!! We need a push to catch up and lead. GKomoku, we need your active participation too ;)
Manager
Manager
G

Show Tags

New post 10 Jul 2019, 02:30
bb one more suggestion, timers increase by 10 points immediately if we mark it correct (plus this also leads to a loophole of knowing the answer) . so this gives us clue and actual adrenalin rush for expecting the answers were down at the time of posting of OA, so you can make the bonus of additional correct timers to be added while you post the OA.

thanks

thanks
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
G
GMAT 1: 640 Q48 V28
Premium Member

Show Tags

New post 10 Jul 2019, 03:02
ccheryn wrote:
bb one more suggestion, timers increase by 10 points immediately if we mark it correct (plus this also leads to a loophole of knowing the answer) . so this gives us clue and actual adrenalin rush for expecting the answers were down at the time of posting of OA, so you can make the bonus of additional correct timers to be added while you post the OA.

thanks

Good suggestion,

That piece of information (when you know in advance whether you answered correctly) helps to write winning explanation, which values so much
Manager
Manager
G

Show Tags

New post 10 Jul 2019, 03:14
LevanKhukhunashvili wrote:
ccheryn wrote:

thanks

Good suggestion,

That piece of information (when you know in advance whether you answered correctly) helps to write winning explanation, which values so much

perfect, actually it happened for me today, i marked the questions wrong, but even then in explanation i stick on to the explanations , inspite of knowing that is wrong. As i felt this is ethically correct. Infact that made me to suggest this .

thanks
Manager
Manager
G

Show Tags

New post Updated on: 10 Jul 2019, 03:59
bb, could you please look at this, not that I want to be mean but I think this can lead to comparative disadvantage

Originally posted by mira93 on 10 Jul 2019, 03:43.
Last edited by mira93 on 10 Jul 2019, 03:59, edited 1 time in total.
Manager
Manager
G

Show Tags

New post 10 Jul 2019, 03:45
mira93 wrote:
bb, could you please look at this, not that I want to be mean but I think this can lead to comparative disadvantage

Attachments

game of timers.png
game of timers.png [ 168.02 KiB | Viewed 614 times ]

Founder
Founder
V

Show Tags

New post 10 Jul 2019, 04:41
mira93 wrote:
mira93 wrote:

There is usually a difference of just 1 user. I just checked and i see it is around 238/239 users in each of the groups. Not sure how there was a difference of 2. But it seems everything is working properly :angel:
Status: He came. He saw. He conquered. -- Studying for the LSAT -- Corruptus in Extremis
Concentration: Finance, Economics
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 10 Jul 2019, 04:43
mira93, we appreciate your concern, but it is worth pointing out that the Wildlings have 5 mods, a b-school mod, and 2 experts. The 5 mods cannot participate and the other 3 might not be able to as well. On the other hand, Dothrakis have only 3 mods, meaning they have at least two more active players, if not more. Please do not overthink this process, as we have tried to make it as fair as possible (though the Wildlings really did get screwed having almost every mod on their team)

My CR Guide: Here

My RC Guide: Here

Need an expert to grade your AWA? Go: Here

Want to be a moderator? We may want you to be one! See how: Here
Manager
Manager
G
Premium Member

Show Tags

New post 10 Jul 2019, 04:57
nightblade354 wrote:
mira93, we appreciate your concern, but it is worth pointing out that the Wildlings have 5 mods, a b-school mod, and 2 experts. The 5 mods cannot participate and the other 3 might not be able to as well. On the other hand, Dothrakis have only 3 mods, meaning they have at least two more active players, if not more. Please do not overthink this process, as we have tried to make it as fair as possible (though the Wildlings really did get screwed having almost every mod on their team)

What you said does not create an unbalance in the giving of kudos?
CR & LSAT Forum Moderator
V
Status: He came. He saw. He conquered. -- Studying for the LSAT -- Corruptus in Extremis
Concentration: Finance, Economics
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 10 Jul 2019, 05:00
Mizar18, while moderators are on teams, they cannot receive anything for the competition (that includes attaining points and prizes), so the mods have no incentive to be impartial.

My CR Guide: Here

My RC Guide: Here

Need an expert to grade your AWA? Go: Here

Want to be a moderator? We may want you to be one! See how: Here
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
P

Show Tags

New post Updated on: 10 Jul 2019, 08:05
mira93 wrote:
GKomoku wrote:
ccheryn wrote:
Hi bb,

I envy you to an extent.

thanks
cheryn

ccheryn

Let's do it DOTHRAKI

Dothraki,
Wake up!! We need a push to catch up and lead. GKomoku, we need your active participation too ;)

mira93 I will do my best!

But I haven’t finished my Verbal prep and haven’t started Quant yet, so I can post only SC and some CR explanations... unfortunately it won’t give much points...

But as a team we can manage it ;)

(no one is ideal, please correct if you see any mistakes or gaps in my explanation, it will be helpful for both of us, thank you)

Originally posted by GKomoku on 10 Jul 2019, 05:28.
Last edited by GKomoku on 10 Jul 2019, 08:05, edited 1 time in total.
Founder
Founder
V

Show Tags

New post 10 Jul 2019, 05:31
GKomoku - even if you try quant, you will get more points than if you don't try. :geek:
P

Show Tags

New post 10 Jul 2019, 05:36
bb wrote:
GKomoku - even if you try quant, you will get more points than if you don't try. :geek:

Thank you bb

I will try!!! :blushing

Manager
G

Show Tags

New post 10 Jul 2019, 07:12
ccheryn wrote:

thanks

I totally agree here with you. bb, could you please look at this and if possible hide those 10 points that are awarded immediately so that this loophole is locked.
Math Expert
V

Show Tags

New post 10 Jul 2019, 08:02
July 10

(You have one hour from the time of posting to earn Bonus GOT Points for the Timer and 24 hours for the Explanations. Note that your explanations will be hidden for 24 hours until the OA is revealed.)
V

Show Tags

New post 10 Jul 2019, 08:21

!
Important Changes to Point Posting Timing:

Due to a number of suggestions and concerns, starting today:
  • GOT points for GOT Question Timers (only GOT question timers) will post concurrently with points for kudos - they will post 24 hours and 15 minutes AFTER the question posting. This means, you will not get your points for the timers immediately any more.
  • If your timer is correct, your points will be awarded at 8:15 AM PST one day after the questions were posted.
  • GOT Points for taking 30 timers will be posting at 12:15 AM Pacific Time (15 mins after midnight). Based on the US Pacific Time cycle - you must take 30 timers between 0:01 and 23:59 PST.

Let me know if any questions.
Thank you
Re: Game of Timers - Join the Competition to Win Prizes   [#permalink] 10 Jul 2019, 08:21

Go to page   Previous    1  ...  6   7   8   9   10   11   12  ...  25    Next  [ 497 posts ] 

Game of Timers - Join the Competition to Win Prizes

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  

Moderator: DisciplinedPrep