It is currently 20 Nov 2017, 10:38

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Getting accepted to HBS without having worked before ?

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: [0], given: 0

Getting accepted to HBS without having worked before ? [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 23 Dec 2016, 17:56
Hey guys,

just wanted to know if it is critical to have work experience in order to get accepted, also how about the other top 10 schools.

Is there a actual statistic available showing how many students of top 10 schools have work experience ?

Thanks for every answer!

Kind regards

Nick

Kudos [?]: [0], given: 0

Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 0

Concentration: Social Entrepreneurship, Sustainability
GMAT 1: 690 Q47 V38
GPA: 3.72
WE: Project Management (Non-Profit and Government)
Re: Getting accepted to HBS without having worked before ? [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 23 Dec 2016, 18:08
cowall wrote:
Hey guys,

just wanted to know if it is critical to have work experience in order to get accepted, also how about the other top 10 schools.

Is there a actual statistic available showing how many students of top 10 schools have work experience ?

Thanks for every answer!

Kind regards

Nick

I recommend doing some hard googling about this subject. Business schools require work experience because an MBA without any perspective is virtually worthless. Most MBA programs like 3-5 years of work experience with many looking at averages and medians around the 6 year range. Re: Harvard Business School - If you are a prodigy, they will put you in the 2+2 program where you can go work for two years and then attend HBS. In short - If you are looking to go get an MBA without any work experience, I highly recommend going to work for a few years. You will come back wiser and appreciate your graduate degree more. I've been out of college for four years, and I still feel like I don't know enough.

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 0

Re: Getting accepted to HBS without having worked before ?   [#permalink] 23 Dec 2016, 18:08

Getting accepted to HBS without having worked before ?

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  

Moderator: ydmuley

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap