GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 20 Aug 2018, 03:53

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

GMAT - 750 Q-50 V-41 AWA - 4 and IR 8

new topic post reply Update application status  
Intern
Intern
B
CAT Tests
GMAT - 750 Q-50 V-41 AWA - 4 and IR 8  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 28 Jul 2018, 01:54
I am applying to HBS, GSB, Wharton and CBS in R1 of applications this year. I am shocked at my low AWA score and it does not match up to my English proficiency.

Please advise if AWA will hurt my application chances in one of these b-schools, if so, what should I do?
Sia Admissions Representative
S
Affiliations: NYU, Yale
Re: GMAT - 750 Q-50 V-41 AWA - 4 and IR 8  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 30 Jul 2018, 04:59
Hi shaunakmisra,

Thank you for your post. Relatively speaking, your AWA score is less important than your overall GMAT and your Q and V scores, but the AWA score is not irrelevant. The purpose of AWA is to demonstrate your writing abilities, not your English proficiency. Any score below 4 will not look good on your application to these highly competitive and selective schools. Your overall GMAT score is good, so I would either leave as is and focus on the remainder of the applications, or retake if you think you the rest will not suffer. Given the time you have left for R1, I advise you proceed with the former.

If you would like to continue the conversation, please reach out for a free 30-minute evaluation of your profile (contact details in signature).

Good luck!

shaunakmisra wrote:
I am applying to HBS, GSB, Wharton and CBS in R1 of applications this year. I am shocked at my low AWA score and it does not match up to my English proficiency.

Please advise if AWA will hurt my application chances in one of these b-schools, if so, what should I do?

Sia Admissions
info@siaadmissions.com
+1 (646) 690 - 9996

Contact us for a free consultation

Re: GMAT - 750 Q-50 V-41 AWA - 4 and IR 8 &nbs [#permalink] 30 Jul 2018, 04:59

GMAT - 750 Q-50 V-41 AWA - 4 and IR 8

new topic post reply Update application status  

Events & Promotions

PREV
NEXT

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions and Privacy Policy| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap