Last visit was: 28 Apr 2024, 23:03 It is currently 28 Apr 2024, 23:03

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 95 [0]
Given Kudos: 49
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Affiliations: GMAT Club
Own Kudos [?]: 51 [2]
Given Kudos: 246
Concentration: Technology, General Management
WE:Information Technology (Computer Software)
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 21 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Concentration: Nonprofit, Technology
WE:Education (Education)
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Re: Gmat club tests vs MGMT tests? - QUANT [#permalink]
Thanks guys. After much consideration , feedback and personally trying the free tests of both GClub & MGMT, I have decided to go with MGMT for improving my Quant.

I really liked the explanation provided by MGMT vis-a-vis GClub tests. Moreover, I have observed (from 30 samples of people who have taken MGMT) that their final Quant score in the Actual Exam is ~ 3 points higher than the Average of their last 3 MGMT tests. Even Verbal seems to be at par - but their are couple of conflicting points I have observed w.r.t MGMT Verbal.

Gclub tests - They have good number of tough & tricky questions but I was not comfortable with their explanations.

So for Quant - I am going to use MGMT tests to sharpen my skills
And for Verbal - I am going to stick to E-Gmat and OFFICIAL Questions only. I will buy the Question pack 1 & Exam pack 1.

Best Regards
Buddy
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 2286 [1]
Given Kudos: 740
GPA: 3.21
WE:Business Development (Other)
Send PM
Bookmarks
Buddyisrael wrote:
Thanks guys. After much consideration , feedback and personally trying the free tests of both GClub & MGMT, I have decided to go with MGMT for improving my Quant.

I really liked the explanation provided by MGMT vis-a-vis GClub tests. Moreover, I have observed (from 30 samples of people who have taken MGMT) that their final Quant score in the Actual Exam is ~ 3 points higher than the Average of their last 3 MGMT tests. Even Verbal seems to be at par - but their are couple of conflicting points I have observed w.r.t MGMT Verbal.

Gclub tests - They have good number of tough & tricky questions but I was not comfortable with their explanations.

And for Verbal - I am going to stick to E-Gmat and OFFICIAL Questions only. I will buy the Question pack 1 & Exam pack 1.

Best Regards
Buddy

Hi Buddy,

Increasing score from M42 to M 47/48 is possible provided your concepts are clear,you are not making many silly mistakes and you are in control of the exam (Time Management). Apart from this I am sure your would have gone through some useful links on Gmatclub..
timing-strategies-on-the-gmat-80176.html
how-to-review-and-analyze-your-mistakes-167118.html
gmat-prep-software-analysis-and-what-if-scenarios-146146.html

Attempting 1000 + Questions will not help much if you are not reviewing the problems..

Yes,some of the explanations may not be enough but here is thing..you can post your query on relevant question thread for that question and look at alternate solutions, check whether your query has already been answered before.

MGMAT quant set is good resource and do keep in mind time management and reviewing are the 2 most important aspects of the preparation.One thing that I will definitely recommend is to follow Bunuel and Veritasprep Karishma on Gmatclub...

For Verbal: You have got the best so absolutely no worries there !!

Good Luck!!
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Thanks for your advice. Highly appreciated!

I diligently review my error log - its all about fundamentals. Im getting back to books after almost 7 years. :)
Honestly when I solve problems - I have realized I don't make silly / calculations mistakes ( ~90% of the time) - If I cant solve a question its because my concepts are not clear! Hence I'm working on it.

Yes I have gone through those sites you have mentioned. The Software analysis done by Bunuel is brilliant - sincere thanks to him!

Im sure I'll improve in a months time.

Best Regards,
Buddy

WoundedTiger wrote:
Buddyisrael wrote:

Best Regards
Buddy

Hi Buddy,

Increasing score from M42 to M 47/48 is possible provided your concepts are clear,you are not making many silly mistakes and you are in control of the exam (Time Management). Apart from this I am sure your would have gone through some useful links on Gmatclub..
timing-strategies-on-the-gmat-80176.html
how-to-review-and-analyze-your-mistakes-167118.html
gmat-prep-software-analysis-and-what-if-scenarios-146146.html

Attempting 1000 + Questions will not help much if you are not reviewing the problems..

Yes,some of the explanations may not be enough but here is thing..you can post your query on relevant question thread for that question and look at alternate solutions, check whether your query has already been answered before.

MGMAT quant set is good resource and do keep in mind time management and reviewing are the 2 most important aspects of the preparation.One thing that I will definitely recommend is to follow Bunuel and Veritasprep Karishma on Gmatclub...

For Verbal: You have got the best so absolutely no worries there !!

Good Luck!!
Manager
Manager
Affiliations: GMAT Club
Own Kudos [?]: 51 [1]
Given Kudos: 246
Concentration: Technology, General Management
WE:Information Technology (Computer Software)
Send PM
Kudos
Buddyisrael wrote:

Best Regards
Buddy

Hi Buddyisrael :)

No Problems . You're welcome . All the Best with MGMAT Tests . E-gmat is brilliant too .

Kindly give kudos to my post if it helped :wink:

Yours Sincerely

Regards

GMAT Club Bot