GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 14 Aug 2018, 04:20

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

GMAT in one week, please help me brush up my CR

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
GMAT in one week, please help me brush up my CR  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 07 Dec 2017, 08:47
Hi all,

My gmat is next friday and I will appreciate some last min advice to improve on my CR.

I studied for GMAT for the past two months, taken 3 GMAT prep exams (640, 580, 580). I dont know why after studying my score drops but my quan has always been hovering around 45-47, its the verbal CR that killed me in my last exam (not sure if i got worn out or nervous when i see a CR question), where i got more than half of the CR questions wrong. For CR i have read through Manhattan guide book twice but somehow i always get tensed up whenever i see a CR question. I will first read the question stem to determine the type, thereafter i will read the passage (initially i took notes but later on i skipped it altogether, thinking that time is of the essence). I will just write down the conclusion and attack the answer choices.

I have been practicing the offical guide questions as well, i will get around 7/8 out of 10 for the front questions and as i practice more towards the last quarter of the questions, my hit rate was only about 4-5/10 and i find myself reading the passage again for better clarity. I understand the tougher questions are usually situated at the back but i will appreciate any advice to help me attack the harder questions more accurately.

Any help is greatly appreciated! Pardon my english as i am not a native speaker.
Director
Director
V
GPA: 3.64
GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member Reviews Badge
GMAT in one week, please help me brush up my CR  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 09 Dec 2017, 10:25
Seanlim wrote:
Hi all,

My gmat is next friday and I will appreciate some last min advice to improve on my CR.

I studied for GMAT for the past two months, taken 3 GMAT prep exams (640, 580, 580). I dont know why after studying my score drops but my quan has always been hovering around 45-47, its the verbal CR that killed me in my last exam (not sure if i got worn out or nervous when i see a CR question), where i got more than half of the CR questions wrong. For CR i have read through Manhattan guide book twice but somehow i always get tensed up whenever i see a CR question. I will first read the question stem to determine the type, thereafter i will read the passage (initially i took notes but later on i skipped it altogether, thinking that time is of the essence). I will just write down the conclusion and attack the answer choices.

I have been practicing the offical guide questions as well, i will get around 7/8 out of 10 for the front questions and as i practice more towards the last quarter of the questions, my hit rate was only about 4-5/10 and i find myself reading the passage again for better clarity. I understand the tougher questions are usually situated at the back but i will appreciate any advice to help me attack the harder questions more accurately.

Any help is greatly appreciated! Pardon my english as i am not a native speaker.

Hi
At this point of time, I will suggest not to try anything new. But I hope you are following the MGMAT strategy of making a tree or writing a one line summary for the argument and then proceeding with the answer choices. Also, pre-thinking is another strategy that can help. Before going into the answer choices try to think a moment about what could be the assumption/strengthen/weaken etc based on the question type. Then proceed with the answer choices.
Further go through this post:
https://gmatclub.com/forum/how-to-impro ... 13013.html

Hope it helps.

Please give kudos, if you like my post

When the going gets tough, the tough gets going...

Senior Manager
Senior Manager
G
Concentration: General Management, Entrepreneurship
GPA: 3
WE: Project Management (Manufacturing)
GMAT ToolKit User
Re: GMAT in one week, please help me brush up my CR  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 09 Dec 2017, 11:01
Hi Seanlim

Good luck! U can use the tactics mentioned by souvonik2k
Not related to CR but you can also read https://gmatclub.com/forum/what-to-do-3 ... 52506.html

Kudos if you like my post

Re: GMAT in one week, please help me brush up my CR &nbs [#permalink] 09 Dec 2017, 11:01

GMAT in one week, please help me brush up my CR

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  

Events & Promotions

PREV
NEXT

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions and Privacy Policy| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap