Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 19:21 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 19:21

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [3]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Founder
Founder
Own Kudos [?]: 72888 [0]
Given Kudos: 18868
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3
Send PM
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 236 [0]
Given Kudos: 295
GPA: 4
WE:Business Development (Retail Banking)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [0]
Send PM
Re: GMAT Online - score delays [#permalink]
Thanks a lot, bb! Fingers crossed that's all it is (and not that whole July->September cancellation - ouch!)

Sure, will put up a debrief on the forum over the next few days. Nothing too out of the box, mainly I just put in the time to bring up my quant and have the advantage of being a native English speaker so the verbal was pretty solid, but hopefully someone will get something out of it.

hD13 - sorry to hear that. Yes that sounds much more black and white. Equally not sure why the site doesn't just say incomplete or cancelled etc. I get that they won't want you resitting it for about 16 days while the question bank get refreshed but you'd assume for the prior sitting the status would jump straight to the end destination of incomplete or cancelled. Unless it's still unconfirmed whether they will be giving you a voucher as they consider it non-fault, so they keep it pending until all that's resolved?
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 236 [0]
Given Kudos: 295
GPA: 4
WE:Business Development (Retail Banking)
Send PM
londonchild wrote:
Thanks a lot, bb! Fingers crossed that's all it is (and not that whole July->September cancellation - ouch!)

Sure, will put up a debrief on the forum over the next few days. Nothing too out of the box, mainly I just put in the time to bring up my quant and have the advantage of being a native English speaker so the verbal was pretty solid, but hopefully someone will get something out of it.

hD13 - sorry to hear that. Yes that sounds much more black and white. Equally not sure why the site doesn't just say incomplete or cancelled etc. I get that they won't want you resitting it for about 16 days while the question bank get refreshed but you'd assume for the prior sitting the status would jump straight to the end destination of incomplete or cancelled. Unless it's still unconfirmed whether they will be giving you a voucher as they consider it non-fault, so they keep it pending until all that's resolved?

Oh well ! I couldn't finish the test because of network issue from my side! Because it was my fault Will they ask me to pay for the test or give me a coupon code? Any idea on this?

Posted from my mobile device
Sloan MIT School Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 136 [0]
Given Kudos: 273
Concentration: Sustainability, Technology
GMAT 1: 770 Q50 V46 (Online)
GPA: 3.7
Send PM
GMAT Online - score delays [#permalink]
londonchild wrote:
Hi

I took the online exam for the second time on 28 August and still haven’t gotten my official score back - still says pending on MBAdotcom.

Unlike many people, I’ve not had any real tech or proctor issues with my exam, or my first online attempt about a month before. The exam was pretty uneventful.

It’s been over 7 business days now, but well under the 20 business days on top for any additional review so not crazily delayed but my first score came back in about 8 hours so I’m hoping the reason for the delay is just busyness at their end in the run up to application season and not something wrong I did wrong that I’m not aware of. I also got 770 so not sure if they check those more carefully.

Would be interested to know what sort of turn around times others are experiencing right now. If there are a lot of delays, it would suggest just general GMAC busyness, which would ease my mind there’s nothing wrong.

I just submitted some applications yesterday ahead of the first wave of deadlines and had to flag the score was provisional. Would rather not have to do that on the next batch.

Thanks!

I had almost similar experience. I gave my exam on 27th August. And surprisingly, I got a 770 as well. 😄
My online attempt went just fine. There were no issues. Proctor said your test is complete. But still waiting for the official score. I also had doubts that do they take more time on 99 percentile scores or something like that. Feels a bit relieved to know that I’m not the only one.
Thanks for creating this thread. Hope you get your official score soon. All the best for ahead! 😊

Intern
Intern
Send PM
Likewise yasharoraa! Best of luck too and let’s hope we get our scores soon.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Just got my official score through a short while ago, with the normal email and everything in my account showing as normal!

Genuinely looks like they are a bit busy at the moment.

Just to confirm, I didn't email or call or hit them up on social media (was planning to do that after 7+20 day periods had elapsed as I gather they won't really help before then), so nothing I did accelerated the process.
Sloan MIT School Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 136 [0]
Given Kudos: 273
Concentration: Sustainability, Technology
GMAT 1: 770 Q50 V46 (Online)
GPA: 3.7
Send PM
londonchild wrote:
Just got my official score through a short while ago, with the normal email and everything in my account showing as normal!

Just to confirm, I didn't email or call or hit them up on social media (was planning to do that after 7+20 day periods had elapsed as I gather they won't really help before then), so nothing I did accelerated the process.

Hi, same I got my score a few hours back and had a mail too. I just filled the form on Contact Us page of the site about 48 hours back.
Glad that you got your score! Congratulations for an amazing job and hope your admissions go really well!

Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
yasharoraa wrote:
londonchild wrote:

Hi, same I got my score a few hours back and had a mail too. I just filled the form on Contact Us page of the site about 48 hours back.
Glad that you got your score! Congratulations for an amazing job and hope your admissions go really well!

Likewise! You beat me by one point on verbal, but we matched on the rest :D Hats off to you!
Target Test Prep Representative
Affiliations: Target Test Prep
Own Kudos [?]: 22054 [0]
Given Kudos: 283
Send PM
Expert Reply
Hi londonchild,

Since it's been only 8 business days at this point, I don't 'think you have anything to worry about. If you do not get your score by late next week, then you can always give the folks at GMAC a call to see what is going on.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 72
Send PM
Hey bb!!
What do you mean by “ Things have been a little crazy though with GMAT as several people reported their July scores canceled in early September”?
Did they receive their score and than it was canceled? What was the reason? Can you please elaborate?
Also, any discussion thread?

GMAT Club Bot
Moderator:
Founder
37311 posts