Last visit was: 26 Apr 2024, 03:24 It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 03:24

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [1]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 30
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 10 [1]
Given Kudos: 14
Send PM
Re: GMAT Online - What We Know [Master Topic] [#permalink]
Kudos
pgwodehouse wrote:
Hey,

Does anyone know if we can wear earplugs or any noise cancelling headphones while giving online gmat?

Thanks

Nope we can't - someone could very well be cheating if the headphones are connected to some external source hence its forbidden
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [1]
Given Kudos: 6
Send PM
Kudos
Hi - just wanted to post about my experience with the online exam. I ended up scoring a 710, but there were several technical issues / glitches while I was taking the exam:
- The choice buttons were unresponsive and there were delays while the time was running for both choosing an answer and submitting an answer (delays of up to 10 seconds)
- I was kicked out of the session 4 times throughout the duration of the exam and the proctor had to let me back into the exam through an extensive process that involved typing in a password
- The Examity proctor was a bit more unresponsive than I would have hoped and a few times when I was asking for whether he could help resolve the issue with the answer buttons not responding, he did not respond; other times, he would take 30+ seconds to respond
- I was unable to use the calculator during the IR section, because the same issues with the buttons being unresponsive - I tried it once, noticed the glitches and then just closed it
- Similar to some of the other issues, there was a significant lag between typing and the characters actually showing up on the screen on the AWA

The last issue was partially on me... Because the choice buttons were unresponsive, I got in the habit of clicking quickly several times and on Q31 of Quant, I clicked a couple of times before it actually and surprisingly switches to the window on the next page where I accidentally clicked one more time than I should have on the button "Continue exam" :lol: So I didn't get the 8 minute break between Q and V...

Overall, a pretty bad experience that probably to some extent influenced my score. I am not sure I would advise anybody to go through the online version of the exam, given these issues. I had a stable internet connection (office of my work) and passed all the system requirements. Will try to retake the exam in the test center soon - hopefully a better experience.
Founder
Founder
Own Kudos [?]: 72889 [0]
Given Kudos: 18869
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3
Send PM
Expert Reply
So crazy and so sorry to hear about this. Thank you so much for sharing the screenshot. That's kind of crazy you still don't have your score. I think some would have gotten the AWA score back by now... so you don't remember your score? You can just submit what you remember and if you are really guessing, then perhaps email the school ahead of the deadline.... I think most people got their unofficial scores within a day.... :( :( :(

seashell wrote:

Posted from my mobile device

Hi bb,

I saw at the end of the exam my unofficial result but the screen disappeared after 1 minute. Unfortunately, the system didn't allow me to take screenshot or photos. I got confirmation mail 1 hour after the exam. I can't see my unofficial result at my mba account, also the official scores have not announced yet. ( My exam was on 22 May)

The exam appointment status is still pending and when I click on Learn More button, the pop-up message which says "GMAT™ Online scores are typically available within 7 business days of completing your exam." opens. I added the screenshot of the account page.

I have to send my unofficial results to business school until tomorrow, I wrote many emails to Examity and Gmat Customer Care to get a screenshot or proof of the my unofficial scores but I have no replies. I think I will lose my chance to apply .

I think there should be a way to access or see the unofficial scores after the exam. I didn't take the test center exam but I read that the unofficial scores is given in paper after the test center exams.[/quote]
Founder
Founder
Own Kudos [?]: 72889 [1]
Send PM
Expert Reply
Ratisbon1993 wow. That is terrible!!! That's a time waster really if you have to take an extra 10 seconds per question. I am sorry to hear about that.
I am not sure if it is worth bothering with a complaint to GMAC but if you are not too buy, I think it would be helpful perhaps to make them aware of this issue with the new provider so it does not happen to other people. Perhaps they would be kind enough to actually offer you a refund or a retake (I would not hold my breath through since they have been pretty uncooperative in that department).

Do you have any thoughts when you are taking/retaking the test again? Within a week or two or within a month?

Ratisbon1993 wrote:
Hi - just wanted to post about my experience with the online exam. I ended up scoring a 710, but there were several technical issues / glitches while I was taking the exam:
- The choice buttons were unresponsive and there were delays while the time was running for both choosing an answer and submitting an answer (delays of up to 10 seconds)
- I was kicked out of the session 4 times throughout the duration of the exam and the proctor had to let me back into the exam through an extensive process that involved typing in a password
- The Examity proctor was a bit more unresponsive than I would have hoped and a few times when I was asking for whether he could help resolve the issue with the answer buttons not responding, he did not respond; other times, he would take 30+ seconds to respond
- I was unable to use the calculator during the IR section, because the same issues with the buttons being unresponsive - I tried it once, noticed the glitches and then just closed it
- Similar to some of the other issues, there was a significant lag between typing and the characters actually showing up on the screen on the AWA

The last issue was partially on me... Because the choice buttons were unresponsive, I got in the habit of clicking quickly several times and on Q31 of Quant, I clicked a couple of times before it actually and surprisingly switches to the window on the next page where I accidentally clicked one more time than I should have on the button "Continue exam" :lol: So I didn't get the 8 minute break between Q and V...

Overall, a pretty bad experience that probably to some extent influenced my score. I am not sure I would advise anybody to go through the online version of the exam, given these issues. I had a stable internet connection (office of my work) and passed all the system requirements. Will try to retake the exam in the test center soon - hopefully a better experience.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [2]
Send PM
Kudos
Bookmarks
bb

I reached out to Examity but it's a good idea to also reach out to GMAC to at least try to get a refund.

Will try to take the test-center GMAT soon, either next week or the week after. My target score is a 760. I am going to discount the 710 I had on the GMAT Online, given that I was flustered with the software not working, didn't get a break, etc... I have been scoring close to my target score of 760 on all the practice GMAC GMATs I have taken (GMAT 1: 690 (no prep), GMAT 2 (content review completed): 770, GMAT 3: 750, GMAT 4: 740). I'll just have to switch from the whiteboard to the Scratch Pad again, which honestly might not be the worst thing.
Founder
Founder
Send PM
Expert Reply
I was actually going to suggest taking the test again without waiting a long time. Sometimes people take the test don’t get the score they want and then they take a long break and then they restart. I was going to suggest not doing any of those…. Oh and if your practice scores supported, would definitely not spend a ton of time studying but instead focus on keeping what you have learned fresh, remembering all the traps and tricks that you have learned so far and just basically staying in the high-alert state. It’s not something you can maintain or do for an extended period of time which is why it probably makes sense to retake within a week or a few weeks rather than a month.

Ratisbon1993 wrote:
bb

I reached out to Examity but it's a good idea to also reach out to GMAC to at least try to get a refund.

Will try to take the test-center GMAT soon, either next week or the week after. My target score is a 760. Despite this experience (and a score of 710), I do think I am ready. I have been scoring close to my target score of 760 on all the practice GMATs I have taken (GMAT 1: 690 (no prep), GMAT 2 (content review completed): 770, GMAT 3: 750, GMAT 4: 740). I'll just have to switch from the whiteboard to the Scratch Pad again, which honestly might not be the worst thing.

Founder
Founder
Send PM
Expert Reply
Separate post, completely forgot to ask you. If you don’t mind sharing, which operating system did you use and what browser?

Ratisbon1993 wrote:
bb

Will try to take the test-center GMAT soon, either next week or the week after. My target score is a 760. I am going to discount the 710 I had on the GMAT Online, given that I was flustered with the software not working, didn't get a break, etc... I have been scoring close to my target score of 760 on all the practice GMAC GMATs I have taken (GMAT 1: 690 (no prep), GMAT 2 (content review completed): 770, GMAT 3: 750, GMAT 4: 740). I'll just have to switch from the whiteboard to the Scratch Pad again, which honestly might not be the worst thing.

Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Send PM
bb

Thanks for the advice. Retaking it soon is exactly what I'll do.

Operating system was Windows10 Pro and browser was Chrome. Initially, when launching the ESSecure Browser, there was an error message because Cisco WebEx was running in the background. The Proctor instructed me to close the program using the task manager, and I was then able to proceed to the actual exam.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 30
Send PM
Hello,

Could anyone please tell me if its okay for the ESSecure Browser to not launch a few days before the exam on Big Sur in Mac? I have already updated the Preferences > security settings and allowed the browser to open.

I understand from the earlier posts that its normal for it to not launch in windows or other approved Mac softwares; just wanted to clarify specifically for Big Sur since it is not mentioned in the Examity's list.

Thanks!
Founder
Founder
Send PM
Kudos
Expert Reply
I don’t have a Mac so I can’t confirm the early launch question but I know for sure that several people have been able to take the GMAT on the Big Sur. There are at least two reports of this.

pgwodehouse wrote:
Hello,

Could anyone please tell me if its okay for the ESSecure Browser to not launch a few days before the exam on Big Sur in Mac? I have already updated the Preferences > security settings and allowed the browser to open.

I understand from the earlier posts that its normal for it to not launch in windows or other approved Mac softwares; just wanted to clarify specifically for Big Sur since it is not mentioned in the Examity's list.

Thanks!

Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 39 [0]
Given Kudos: 13
Schools: LBS '24
GMAT 1: 690 Q50 V34
Send PM
Hi,

I had appeared for GMATOnline on July 22nd 2020, so can I appear for the new format for GMATOnline only once now or there are two retakes available?
Founder
Founder
Send PM
Expert Reply
gmat1102 wrote:
Hi,

I had appeared for GMATOnline on July 22nd 2020, so can I appear for the new format for GMATOnline only once now or there are two retakes available?

Hi. Since the GMAT online enhanced version is the upgrade or the next evolution of the GMAT online and you took it after the introduction of the physical whiteboard, I do not think you’ll be able to get two shots at the new version. It seems you would be constrained by the original rules of the online test providing you with two takes. Personally I do not know why that rule exists. I cannot see that limitation benefiting anyone actually. It is a mystery and a source of tension and annoyance.

I would encourage you to write GMAC a note and ask them directly just in case there is a 1% chance that you can take it twice. Won’t hurt, right?

Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 10 [1]
Given Kudos: 14
Send PM
Kudos
bb wrote:
gmat1102 wrote:
Hi,

Hi. Since the GMAT online enhanced version is the upgrade or the next evolution of the GMAT online and you took it after the introduction of the physical whiteboard, I do not think you’ll be able to get two shots at the new version. It seems you would be constrained by the original rules of the online test providing you with two takes. Personally I do not know why that rule exists. I cannot see that limitation benefiting anyone actually. It is a mystery and a source of tension and annoyance.

I would encourage you to write GMAC a note and ask them directly just in case there is a 1% chance that you can take it twice. Won’t hurt, right?

I attended the online session by Sehar Khanna on youtube. She is the marketing manager from GMAC, she mentioned that they are in talks and working towards increasing the number of takes but currently the old GMAT is also counted towards the limit of 2 exams.
Founder
Founder
Send PM
Kudos
Expert Reply
Thank you. I would hope so. I really do not know why they are stuck with that decision from a year ago. Sure, it was probably fine for the sake of a short term solution but it's been a year and things are still hairy and with the Online product being permanent, I would expect and hope at least more options or at least more per year if not all... or lifetime type of thing... Thanks for the update. There is a GMAC summit in June which I hope to hear a bit more at about this and other issues.

-B.

mahika16 wrote:
bb wrote:
gmat1102 wrote:
Hi,

I attended the online session by Sehar Khanna on youtube. She is the marketing manager from GMAC, she mentioned that they are in talks and working towards increasing the number of takes but currently the old GMAT is also counted towards the limit of 2 exams.
MBA Section Director
Affiliations: GMAT Club
Own Kudos [?]: 10013 [3]
Given Kudos: 4542
Test: Test
Send PM
Kudos