GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 18 Sep 2018, 12:35

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Gmat Prep Exam Pack 1 v.s. Gmat Prep Exam Pack 2

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
B
Gmat Prep Exam Pack 1 v.s. Gmat Prep Exam Pack 2  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 01 May 2018, 13:46
Is there any difference between the two? I believe both give you access to two different pools of questions, both different from the default exam pack. Does Exam Prep Pack 2 have newer questions? Any advantage for one over the other?
Intern
Intern
B
Schools: CBS '21
GMAT 1: 750 Q51 V40
GPA: 3.83
Re: Gmat Prep Exam Pack 1 v.s. Gmat Prep Exam Pack 2  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 01 May 2018, 14:04
yes pack 1 first mock has pretty hard and challenging math as compared to the second mock in pack 1 and i think even compared to pack 2
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
P
Concentration: Strategy, Finance
GMAT 1: 750 Q50 V40
WE: Management Consulting (Consulting)
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 04 May 2018, 03:14
Both sets are totally different. There are no common questions. I had opted for both the packs and in my opinion the investment was totally worth it.

+1 kudos if you find this useful
GMAT 1: 750 (Q50; V40; IR 8; AWA 5.5)
Debrief: https://gmatclub.com/forum/first-attempt-750-q50-v40-ir-8-awa-245721.html

Ask GMAT Experts Forum Moderator
V
GPA: 3.64
GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member Reviews Badge CAT Tests

Show Tags

New post 04 May 2018, 10:14
Hi
The Gmatprep exam pack 1 and 2 are different and contain different questions. Each pack consists of 2 tests, so in total you have 4 tests. The tests are worth it and simulate the actual test to a great extent. I would suggest to buy both the packs.

Please give kudos, if you like my post

When the going gets tough, the tough gets going...

Manager
Manager
S
Concentration: Marketing, Healthcare
GPA: 3
WE: Analyst (Computer Software)
CAT Tests

Show Tags

New post 04 May 2018, 20:44
souvonik2k wrote:
Hi
The Gmatprep exam pack 1 and 2 are different and contain different questions. Each pack consists of 2 tests, so in total you have 4 tests. The tests are worth it and simulate the actual test to a great extent. I would suggest to buy both the packs.
I have roughly 25 days in hand for GMAT and I haven't given any mocks apart from first mock before starting GMAT prep. I am preparing for last 3-4 months and in last stage of revision. How many mocks I should do in these days? 750+ is target . Also suggest which mocks I should give. Your advice is highly appreciated

Sent from my XT1562 using GMAT Club Forum mobile app

Not Giving UP! Kudos if you like the question :)

Founder
Founder
V
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GMAT ToolKit User CAT Tests

Show Tags

New post 04 May 2018, 20:46
Suchilou wrote:
Is there any difference between the two? I believe both give you access to two different pools of questions, both different from the default exam pack. Does Exam Prep Pack 2 have newer questions? Any advantage for one over the other?

YES, there is definitely an advantage in EP1 - you get an enhanced score report that provides more details and diagnostics into ALL other tests including the free ones. You do not get that with EP2.

Founder of GMAT Club

Just starting out with GMAT? Start here...
OG2019 Directory is here! - New!
Verbal OG2019 Directory is here! - New!

Co-author of the GMAT Club tests

Manager
Manager
S
Concentration: Strategy, Leadership
GMAT 1: 720 Q49 V39
GPA: 3.3
WE: Consulting (Consulting)
GMAT ToolKit User Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 28 May 2018, 17:11
bb wrote:
Suchilou wrote:

YES, there is definitely an advantage in EP1 - you get an enhanced score report that provides more details and diagnostics into ALL other tests including the free ones. You do not get that with EP2.

How do you access this ESR? I just took my second exam from the first pack, but don’t see the ESR option anywhere.

If this helped, please give kudos!

Director
Director
G
Affiliations: AB, cum laude, Harvard University (Class of '02)
GMAT 1: 770 Q47 V48
GMAT 2: 730 Q44 V47
GMAT 3: 750 Q50 V42
GRE 1: Q168 V169
WE: Education (Education)

Show Tags

New post 28 May 2018, 17:51
Top Contributor
strivingFor800 wrote:
bb wrote:
Suchilou wrote:

How do you access this ESR? I just took my second exam from the first pack, but don’t see the ESR option anywhere.

Unlike the ESR option on the old desktop GMATPrep software, the ESR option on the new online tests is not yet very robust. At present, all it does is provide a composite score, section scores in IR, Quant, and Verbal, and timing information by question type (no sub-scores by question type such as PS, DS, CR, RC, SC, etc.).

However, there is good news: GMAC has indicated that it is actively working on this issue.

-Brian

Harvard grad and 99% GMAT scorer, offering expert, private GMAT tutoring and coaching, both in-person (San Diego, CA, USA) and online worldwide, since 2002.

One of the only known humans to have taken the GMAT 5 times and scored in the 700s every time (700, 710, 730, 750, 770), including verified section scores of Q50 / V47, as well as personal bests of 8/8 IR (2 times), 6/6 AWA (4 times), 50/51Q and 48/51V (1 question wrong).

You can download my official test-taker score report (all scores within the last 5 years) directly from the Pearson Vue website: https://tinyurl.com/y94hlarr Date of Birth: 09 December 1979.

GMAT Action Plan and Free E-Book - McElroy Tutoring

Manager
Manager
S
Concentration: Strategy, Leadership
GMAT 1: 720 Q49 V39
GPA: 3.3
WE: Consulting (Consulting)
GMAT ToolKit User Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 29 May 2018, 22:10
mcelroytutoring wrote:
Unlike the ESR option on the old desktop GMATPrep software, the ESR option on the new online tests is not yet very robust. At present, all it does is provide a composite score, section scores in IR, Quant, and Verbal, and timing information by question type (no sub-scores by question type such as PS, DS, CR, RC, SC, etc.).

However, there is good news: GMAC has indicated that it is actively working on this issue.

-Brian

Awesome, thanks!

Interesting score report by the way. If I may ask, what caused such a high fluctuation in your quant scores?

If this helped, please give kudos!

Director
Director
G
Affiliations: AB, cum laude, Harvard University (Class of '02)
GMAT 1: 770 Q47 V48
GMAT 2: 730 Q44 V47
GMAT 3: 750 Q50 V42
GRE 1: Q168 V169
WE: Education (Education)

Show Tags

New post 30 May 2018, 06:57
Top Contributor
strivingFor800 wrote:
Awesome, thanks!

Interesting score report by the way. If I may ask, what caused such a high fluctuation in your quant scores?

Good question! It is known that GMAT section scores in both Quant and Verbal tend to fluctuate significantly from test to test, especially at the top and bottom end of the score range. In my opinion, the variation in my Quant scores is mostly due to carelessness, especially in the first quarter of questions, where the adaptive scoring algorithm makes it very hard to recover from careless mistakes.

I started tutoring the GMAT professionally in 2002. Ten years later, I took the GMAT for the first time and scored Q47 (I was doing great in the 1st half of questions, but ran out of time at the end--my problem on that particular attempt was time management more than carelessness), and I had scored Q50 and even Q51 on official GMATPrep exams before I finally scored Q50 on the real test in 2017.

In general, I find that official GMAT scores vary about plus or minus 4 points from your average section score. The average section score for my last 5 GMATs is Q46/V45 (currently 730 composite), but it has varied about plus/minus 4 points in both directions, on both sections, over the course of my last 5 official exams.

The take-away? There is very little margin for error if you want to score Q50 or above, especially in the first quarter of questions.

-Brian

Harvard grad and 99% GMAT scorer, offering expert, private GMAT tutoring and coaching, both in-person (San Diego, CA, USA) and online worldwide, since 2002.

One of the only known humans to have taken the GMAT 5 times and scored in the 700s every time (700, 710, 730, 750, 770), including verified section scores of Q50 / V47, as well as personal bests of 8/8 IR (2 times), 6/6 AWA (4 times), 50/51Q and 48/51V (1 question wrong).

You can download my official test-taker score report (all scores within the last 5 years) directly from the Pearson Vue website: https://tinyurl.com/y94hlarr Date of Birth: 09 December 1979.

GMAT Action Plan and Free E-Book - McElroy Tutoring

Intern
Intern
CAT Tests

Show Tags

New post 09 Jul 2018, 05:53
mcelroytutoring
Are you aware of whether the ESR issue relating to the GMAT Prep Exams been sorted yet, i.e. if sub-scores by question type are now available? Thank you
Gmat Prep Exam Pack 1 v.s. Gmat Prep Exam Pack 2 &nbs [#permalink] 09 Jul 2018, 05:53

Gmat Prep Exam Pack 1 v.s. Gmat Prep Exam Pack 2

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  

Moderator: HKD1710

Events & Promotions

PREV
NEXT
HOT DEALS FOR SEPTEMBER
e-GMAT: Free 30 day Access! 25+ Video Lessons | 400+ Practice Questions | 7 Free Webinars
Economist GMAT - Free Free 1-week trial + Free Test
examPAL Full GMAT video course - Save 10%
Target Test Prep - Save $800 $50 Discount + $750 Bonus [GMAT Club
Tests and Premium MBA Bundle]
EMPOWERgmat - $85/mo GMAT Club tests included 2nd month GMAT Prep Exams 3, 4, 5 & 6
Kaplan Courses - Save $475 $225 Discount + $250 Bonus
Math Revolution - $99/3 mo Free 1-month trial + Diagnostic Test
GMAT Club Tests - Free Included with every course purchase
of $149 or more - Full List is here

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions and Privacy Policy| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap