GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 17 Oct 2018, 20:38

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

GMAT IS CHANGING APRIL 16, 2018 - it will be 30 minutes shorter

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
B
GPA: 3.84
GMAT ToolKit User Reviews Badge
Re: GMAT IS CHANGING APRIL 16, 2018 - it will be 30 minutes shorter  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 08 May 2018, 10:55
Mehemmed wrote:
So guys would you recommend to buy other paid Exam packs or I should go with other test prep companies' CATs as Official CAT doesn't working properly?

I am doing other tests until they work this problem out. I imagine it will be fixed shortly. When I spoke to them on the phone they said that people were not having trouble with the paid packs, so that is an option.
Manager
Manager
B
Re: GMAT IS CHANGING APRIL 16, 2018 - it will be 30 minutes shorter  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 08 May 2018, 11:02
norovers wrote:
Mehemmed wrote:
So guys would you recommend to buy other paid Exam packs or I should go with other test prep companies' CATs as Official CAT doesn't working properly?

I am doing other tests until they work this problem out. I imagine it will be fixed shortly. When I spoke to them on the phone they said that people were not having trouble with the paid packs, so that is an option.

So it seems I should do the same. Thank you for the info. So which is the most realistic after the GMATPrep? Which one do you use?

If time was on my side, I'd still have none to waste......

Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 08 May 2018, 11:15
Mehemmed wrote:
norovers wrote:
Mehemmed wrote:

So it seems I should do the same. Thank you for the info. So which is the most realistic after the GMATPrep? Which one do you use?

Honestly, I just started my GMAT journey, so maybe more senior people on this forum can better assist you with which CATs are best. I hated Manhattan's test (Quant was ridiculously unrealistic in my opinion, verbal was too easy), Veritas was pretty good (quant felt way too easy) but, I think it gave me the most accurate score, GMAT club's quant test are awesome, and I have many just been doing OG's for verbal practice.

Hope this helps!
Manager
Manager
B

Show Tags

New post 08 May 2018, 11:29
Thank you. Happy studying and best of luck! :)

If time was on my side, I'd still have none to waste......

Intern
Intern
B
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 09 May 2018, 02:24
Alert! GMAT Official Practice will be offline for maintenance on Thursday, May 10 between 8:00 AM EDT and 9:30 AM EDT. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.
Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 09 May 2018, 06:12
PAcmania wrote:
Alert! GMAT Official Practice will be offline for maintenance on Thursday, May 10 between 8:00 AM EDT and 9:30 AM EDT. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.

Thanks for this. I assume they are fixing the issue with the GMAT Prep tests, but was there any specification?
Intern
Intern
B
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 09 May 2018, 06:49
norovers wrote:
PAcmania wrote:

Thanks for this. I assume they are fixing the issue with the GMAT Prep tests, but was there any specification?

yea mate, I am thinking the same. Unfortunately, there was not any specification.
Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 12 May 2018, 09:12
Cannot take my 2nd free test of GMAC..it is written: "Unable to load questions.Cannot read property 'SectionNumber' of undefined". From different browsers. Cleared the cash already, restarted computer. Did anybody has the same problem? what does it mean?
Founder
Founder
V
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GMAT ToolKit User CAT Tests

Show Tags

New post 12 May 2018, 09:23
aliinana wrote:
Cannot take my 2nd free test of GMAC..it is written: "Unable to load questions.Cannot read property 'SectionNumber' of undefined". From different browsers. Cleared the cash already, restarted computer. Did anybody has the same problem? what does it mean?

This has been happening with a few folks and there are several discussions about this issue. Try searching for the keywords and see if you get some tips.

BB

Posted from my mobile device

Founder of GMAT Club

Just starting out with GMAT? Start here...
OG2019 Directory is here! - New!
Verbal OG2019 Directory is here! - New!
Quant OG2019 Directory is here! - New!

Co-author of the GMAT Club tests

Intern
Intern
B
Schools: IIMA
GMAT 1: 640 Q49 V28
GMAT 2: 690 Q48 V37
GPA: 4
GMAT IS CHANGING APRIL 16, 2018 - it will be 30 minutes shorter  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 12 May 2018, 17:44
After 9 days of raising query regarding ESR for practice tests, I got the following response from Gmac customer service today-

We're actually still working on the enhanced score report functions of the new online version of our practice exams (called GMAT Official Practice Exams). Currently, they do not provide details of your scores. We recognize that this is a deficiency and are working actively to release this functionality in the coming weeks.

vvijay26 wrote:
I have purchased the EP1 online version also, but I am still unable to see the detailed score report. I have emailed the gmatprep cusotomer care, will update once I get a response.

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 16 May 2018, 04:34
wow. Seems like the new online gmat prep is a lot of mess.. Should I just stick to my offline gmat prep? the timing,though..
Board of Directors
V
Premium Member Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 16 May 2018, 04:53
megakee9 wrote:
wow. Seems like the new online gmat prep is a lot of mess.. Should I just stick to my offline gmat prep? the timing,though..

Hey megakee9 ,

Personally I would not prefer taking any mock that doesn't match with the real exam environment, since there isn't any point of taking them.

I could see that there has been alot of mess going on but I know people who have started giving these online mocks and everything worked fine for them.

So, in short, go ahead and try your luck.

All the best :)

My GMAT Story: From V21 to V40
My MBA Journey: My 10 years long MBA Dream
My Secret Hacks: Best way to use GMATClub | Importance of an Error Log!
Verbal Resources: All SC Resources at one place | All CR Resources at one place
Blog: Subscribe to Question of the Day Blog

GMAT Club Inbuilt Error Log Functionality - View More.
New Visa Forum - Ask all your Visa Related Questions - here.

New! Best Reply Functionality on GMAT Club!

Find a bug in the new email templates and get rewarded with 2 weeks of GMATClub Tests for free

Check our new About Us Page here.

Senior Manager
Senior Manager
G

Show Tags

New post 16 May 2018, 06:40
abhimahna wrote:
megakee9 wrote:

Hey megakee9 ,

Personally I would not prefer taking any mock that doesn't match with the real exam environment, since there isn't any point of taking them.

I could see that there has been alot of mess going on but I know people who have started giving these online mocks and everything worked fine for them.

So, in short, go ahead and try your luck.

Hi,

Has the offline GMAT software been updated ?? I was planning to give one free test tomorrow. I am not able to understand anything...what is the issue going on in the online and offline modes ??

Please explain in short...there are so many previous messages !!

Sent from my Lenovo K53a48 using GMAT Club Forum mobile app
Board of Directors
V
Premium Member Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 16 May 2018, 06:57
SonalSinha803 wrote:
Hi,

Has the offline GMAT software been updated ?? I was planning to give one free test tomorrow. I am not able to understand anything...what is the issue going on in the online and offline modes ??

Please explain in short...there are so many previous messages !!

Hey SonalSinha803 ,

You need to understand only these points:
1. GMAC said they are not going to update the offline Software that we used to download and use.
2. If you want to give the test in the new format, you must give it online.

There has been some technical issues going on with the online version, since it is launched recently. But I think that has/will improve with time.

My GMAT Story: From V21 to V40
My MBA Journey: My 10 years long MBA Dream
My Secret Hacks: Best way to use GMATClub | Importance of an Error Log!
Verbal Resources: All SC Resources at one place | All CR Resources at one place
Blog: Subscribe to Question of the Day Blog

GMAT Club Inbuilt Error Log Functionality - View More.
New Visa Forum - Ask all your Visa Related Questions - here.

New! Best Reply Functionality on GMAT Club!

Find a bug in the new email templates and get rewarded with 2 weeks of GMATClub Tests for free

Check our new About Us Page here.

Official GMAC Representative
B

Show Tags

New post 18 May 2018, 07:20
Hi Everyone!

I wanted to provide a brief update on our new, online GMAT® Official Practice platform to help address some of the questions and concerns noted in this thread.

• On April 30, 2018 we launched a new, web-based platform that includes online versions of our GMAT® Official Practice Exams and GMAT® Official Practice Questions. The practice exams have been updated to reflect the shorter exam structure, however the scoring methodology and questions remain the same (other than 12 new IR questions for Exam #2). Anyone with an mba.com account can immediately access the free GMAT® Official Starter Kit + Practice Exams 1 & 2 here: https://www.mba.com/us/store/store-cata ... -free.aspx. Please note that your existing GMATPrep® downloadable software extension pack activation codes cannot be used on the online version, but you may be eligible for an activation code exchange (see fourth bullet).
  • We have discovered some technical bugs and we are actively working to reproduce, troubleshoot, and resolve these issues. The issues we have seen so far are not global - they are occurring intermittently and only for a small number of candidates. As we identify fixes we will update the application with the fix. If you do experience a technical issue feel free to email gmatofficialprep@mba.com with a description of your issue and your browser details.
  • Over the next several weeks we will also be rolling out features and updates, including keyboard shortcuts for practice exams, updated exam performance reports, improved exam reviewing functionality, and minor design improvements. We felt it was more important to get the new, shortened practice exams out early rather than wait until every feature was ready before launching. We appreciate your patience as we continue to work on these features!
  • As many of you have seen, we updated our Activation Code migration policy - anyone who has purchased a GMATPrep product from mba.com or upon GMAT registration between Oct 1, 2017 and April 30, 2018 can request an activation code exchange. TODAY (May 18, 2018) is the last day to submit a code exchange request . More details on how to request an activation code exchange process can be found here: https://www.mba.com/us/frequently-asked-questions/gmat-official-practice.aspx#question7, along with other FAQs.
  • The existing downloadable GMATPrep® software will not be updated to reflect the shorter exam structure. You may continue to use the downloadable software if you prefer that option, however note that we will no longer be supporting that version of the product.

We appreciate all the feedback that has been shared on this forum - please do continue to share.

Best of luck on your GMAT preparation!

- OfficialGMAT

Leah
Customer Care Coordinator
Graduate Management Admission Council® (GMAC®)
gmac.com | mba.com

Director
Director
G
Affiliations: AB, cum laude, Harvard University (Class of '02)
GMAT 1: 770 Q47 V48
GMAT 2: 730 Q44 V47
GMAT 3: 750 Q50 V42
GRE 1: Q168 V169
WE: Education (Education)
GMAT IS CHANGING APRIL 16, 2018 - it will be 30 minutes shorter  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 18 May 2018, 10:50
Top Contributor
OfficialGMAT wrote:
[*] We have discovered some technical bugs and we are actively working to reproduce, troubleshoot, and resolve these issues. The issues we have seen so far are not global - they are occurring intermittently and only for a small number of candidates. As we identify fixes we will update the application with the fix. If you do experience a technical issue feel free to email gmatofficialprep@mba.com with a description of your issue and your browser details.
[*] Over the next several weeks we will also be rolling out features and updates, including keyboard shortcuts for practice exams, updated exam performance reports, improved exam reviewing functionality, and minor design improvements. We felt it was more important to get the new, shortened practice exams out early rather than wait until every feature was ready before launching. We appreciate your patience as we continue to work on these features!

Thank you for the update, Leah! I'm looking forward to the implementation of keyboard shortcut functionality and full diagnostic information on the online tests, among other upcoming improvements to the web-based interface.

I only have one remaining question: will the online Exam Packs in review mode continue to indicate the correct answers, or are you planning to implement a "show answer" button like the one on the desktop GMATPrep software? I am of the opinion that preserving the "show answer" option is more conducive to learning (as is hiding the student's original answer), because it allows the student an opportunity to re-try the question *before* the correct answer is provided.

Much Appreciated,

-Brian

Harvard grad and 99% GMAT scorer, offering expert, private GMAT tutoring and coaching, both in-person (San Diego, CA, USA) and online worldwide, since 2002.

One of the only known humans to have taken the GMAT 5 times and scored in the 700s every time (700, 710, 730, 750, 770), including verified section scores of Q50 / V47, as well as personal bests of 8/8 IR (2 times), 6/6 AWA (4 times), 50/51Q and 48/51V (1 question wrong).

You can download my official test-taker score report (all scores within the last 5 years) directly from the Pearson Vue website: https://tinyurl.com/y94hlarr Date of Birth: 09 December 1979.

GMAT Action Plan and Free E-Book - McElroy Tutoring

Contact: mcelroy@post.harvard.edu (I do not respond to PMs on GMAT Club.)

...or find me on Reddit: http://www.reddit.com/r/GMATpreparation

Senior Manager
Senior Manager
P
Concentration: General Management, Strategy
WE: Information Technology (Other)

Show Tags

New post 21 May 2018, 10:34
Sorry for repeat.

I honestly do not understand why most people say, this format of a GMAT test will be easier, more comfortable.

Less time for the question ---> obviously this format is more difficult. Any second counts.

Of couse we can talk about the fatique. It is not that simple to solve questions under pressure.
But come on. 4 hours vs 3.5 hours. It does not matter so much.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
G

Show Tags

New post 22 May 2018, 00:07
DharLog wrote:
Sorry for repeat.

I honestly do not understand why most people say, this format of a GMAT test will be easier, more comfortable.

Less time for the question ---> obviously this format is more difficult. Any second counts.

Of couse we can talk about the fatique. It is not that simple to solve questions under pressure.
But come on. 4 hours vs 3.5 hours. It does not matter so much.
True...this pattern of GMAT sucks with the number of comprehension passages not changing at all and removing 5 to 6 SC with a time deduction of 10 minutes makes it extremely difficult to speed up and complete the section. It leads to a huge rush !!

Why why GMAC why ??

Official GMAC Representative
B

Show Tags

New post 24 May 2018, 07:50
mcelroytutoring wrote:
Thank you for the update, Leah! I'm looking forward to the implementation of keyboard shortcut functionality and full diagnostic information on the online tests, among other upcoming improvements to the web-based interface.

I only have one remaining question: will the online Exam Packs in review mode continue to indicate the correct answers, or are you planning to implement a "show answer" button like the one on the desktop GMATPrep software? I am of the opinion that preserving the "show answer" option is more conducive to learning (as is hiding the student's original answer), because it allows the student an opportunity to re-try the question *before* the correct answer is provided.

Much Appreciated,

-Brian

Hi Brian,

We have heard similar feedback from a few others and we will look into how we can improve this as well. We certainly want to provide a helpful review experience for students.

Thank you!

- OfficialGMAT

Leah
Customer Care Coordinator
Graduate Management Admission Council® (GMAC®)
gmac.com | mba.com

Intern
Intern
B
GMAT 1: 670 Q46 V36
GMAT 2: 710 Q48 V39
GPA: 3.5
WE: Investment Banking (Investment Banking)

Show Tags

New post 27 May 2018, 05:47
I'm sure people must have taken GMAT in the last couple of weeks. Can we have some feedback about the exam experience after the format change ? And score vis a vie the ones in old format ?

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6000 using GMAT Club Forum mobile app
GMAT Club Bot
Re: GMAT IS CHANGING APRIL 16, 2018 - it will be 30 minutes shorter &nbs [#permalink] 27 May 2018, 05:47

Go to page   Previous    1  ...  11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22    Next  [ 435 posts ] 

GMAT IS CHANGING APRIL 16, 2018 - it will be 30 minutes shorter

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  

Moderator: HKD1710

Copyright

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions and Privacy Policy| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap