Last visit was: 29 Apr 2024, 05:35 It is currently 29 Apr 2024, 05:35

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 20726 [86]
Given Kudos: 926
Concentration: General Management, Strategy
GMAT 1: 750 Q51 V40 (Online)
GPA: 3.53
Send PM
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 327 [2]
Given Kudos: 334
Concentration: General Management, Strategy
WE:Information Technology (Other)
Send PM
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 290 [0]
Given Kudos: 29
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 10 [1]
Given Kudos: 1
GMAT 1: 670 Q46 V36
GMAT 2: 710 Q48 V39
GPA: 3.5
WE:Investment Banking (Investment Banking)
Send PM
Re: GMAT FORMAT IS CHANGING APRIL 16, 2018 - it will be 30 minutes shorter [#permalink]
Kudos
I gave the test in new format today my score improved from 640 to 710.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6000 using GMAT Club Forum mobile app
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Given Kudos: 215
Send PM
Re: GMAT FORMAT IS CHANGING APRIL 16, 2018 - it will be 30 minutes shorter [#permalink]
Hi
Has anyone, who purchased their exam pack 1 ad 2 before nov 2017 been able to access the online shorter version of the test? I tried activating packs 1 and 2 using the activation code but it keeps displaying 'invalid activation code'. IS there any way i can still practice these tests in the shorter format?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 15 [1]
Given Kudos: 7
Send PM
Kudos
RashmiT wrote:
Hi
Has anyone, who purchased their exam pack 1 ad 2 before nov 2017 been able to access the online shorter version of the test? I tried activating packs 1 and 2 using the activation code but it keeps displaying 'invalid activation code'. IS there any way i can still practice these tests in the shorter format?

I believe GMAC offered new activation codes on request for any purchases made Oct 2017 onwards. But that was like 2 months back. You need to contact GMAC and see if they can still do that for you.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 13 [0]
Given Kudos: 93
GMAT 1: 680 Q41 V41
GMAT 2: 690 Q44 V40
GPA: 3.9
Send PM
Just took the GMAT for the fourth time and found the new format to be much more challenging, unfortunately. I received three massive, convoluted RC passages and one shorter passage. SC used to allow me to make-up time, but now that there are fewer it is much harder to do so.

Quant seemed to be more wordy than normal. A lot of long word problems.

Overall, I found the test to be quite challenging, but I may have just been fatigued.

Originally posted by wanderingmba on 27 Aug 2018, 18:55.
Last edited by wanderingmba on 27 Aug 2018, 21:56, edited 1 time in total.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 57 [0]
Given Kudos: 97
Send PM
I have older versions of GMAT prep EP1 & 2 and i gave my practice tests on those..scored 690 & 710.. can the scores be considered accurate? I mean to what extent is the shorter version and older version different? Are they good for practice?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [1]
Given Kudos: 18
GMAT 1: 650 Q48 V30
GPA: 3.2
Send PM
Kudos
SWAT09 wrote:
I have older versions of GMAT prep EP1 & 2 and i gave my practice tests on those..scored 690 & 710.. can the scores be considered accurate? I mean to what extent is the shorter version and older version different? Are they good for practice?

Dear SWAT09,

According to me, the old format won't do you much good as your fatigue levels may vary due to the shortened length and as the number of RCs has not decreased, management of time on Verbal will be different for the old and the new format.

I suggest you get your codes changed.

You can send an official mail to GMAC requesting to change the old codes into new ones and apologize as you have missed the deadline.
I did the same and got my old codes changed.

Just follow the steps to change old codes mentioned on mba.com.

All the best!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 57 [1]
Given Kudos: 97
Send PM
Kudos
j.shivank wrote:
SWAT09 wrote:

Dear SWAT09,

According to me, the old format won't do you much good as your fatigue levels may vary due to the shortened length and as the number of RCs has not decreased, management of time on Verbal will be different for the old and the new format.

I suggest you get your codes changed.

You can send an official mail to GMAC requesting to change the old codes into new ones and apologize as you have missed the deadline.
I did the same and got my old codes changed.

Just follow the steps to change old codes mentioned on mba.com.

All the best!

Thank you j.shivank ..it worked..though they took a weeks time to reply, the official people provided me with new codes to activate & migrate to shorter version.
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 1586 [0]
Given Kudos: 579
Concentration: Operations, Finance
GPA: 3.35
WE:Information Technology (Computer Software)
Send PM
AjiteshArun mcelroytutoring bb VeritasKarishma

Is it OK to practice Mock with GMATPrep desktop Software?
Founder
Founder
Own Kudos [?]: 72919 [0]
Given Kudos: 18870
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3
Send PM
Expert Reply
NandishSS wrote:

You should get the same score so as long as you don't mind taking a few more questions per section and spending a bit more time, it is fine.

There is an issue with installing the old software however, as after installation it requires activation (logging into your mba.com account) and it has been giving an error message for the last 2 months now and it requires a much older GMAT prep version which bypasses activation but that's a diff story but the main question is - WHY take the offline software? Is the online one not working?

If you start taking GMAT Prep tests on the computer, you will be stuck taking them that way for both of the tests as there is no connection in offline/online software to mark questions that have already been attempted. Thus my suggestion is that unless you have some issues with loading/using the online software, I would use the online version.
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Own Kudos [?]: 4659 [0]
Given Kudos: 633
GMAT Focus 1:
715 Q83 V90 DI83
GMAT 1: 780 Q50 V51
GRE 1: Q170 V169
Send PM
Expert Reply
NandishSS wrote:

As bb mentioned, it should be fine, but online is recommended. Have you faced any issues with the online version?
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 1586 [0]
Given Kudos: 579
Concentration: Operations, Finance
GPA: 3.35
WE:Information Technology (Computer Software)
Send PM
AjiteshArun wrote:
NandishSS wrote:

As bb mentioned, it should be fine, but online is recommended. Have you faced any issues with the online version?

HI AjiteshArun bb ,

I didn't face any issue while giving online. But Mental Fatigue making me numb. Just to make myself comfortable thought of giving Offline, as I've EP1 & 2 Offline.

Any Thoughts , Suggestions always welcome :-)
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Own Kudos [?]: 4659 [0]
GMAT Focus 1:
715 Q83 V90 DI83
Send PM
Expert Reply
NandishSS wrote:
HI AjiteshArun bb ,

I didn't face any issue while giving online. But Mental Fatigue making me numb. Just to make myself comfortable thought of giving Offline, as I've EP1 & 2 Offline.

Any Thoughts , Suggestions always welcome :-)
I totally agree with the "mental fatigue" bit... the GMAT tends to have that effect :-)

If the online version is working well for you, I suggest you continue with it, as it'll give you a better idea of what you'll face on the actual test. As for EP1 and EP2, you could request replacement codes (the deadline has passed, but they still seem to be open to providing replacement codes).

Also, are you currently logged in to your GMATPrep desktop app? If not, you might not be able to log in anymore.
RSM Erasmus Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 1360 [0]
Given Kudos: 641
Concentration: Operations, Strategy
Schools: Erasmus (II)
Send PM
Hi bb & AjiteshArun,
I'm little bit confused about exams sold by GMAC. I have the old system installed in my PC with GMATPrep Exam pack 1 & GMATPrep Question pack 1. I'm lucky that I installed all things before stopping GMAC support.

Are those different than GMAT Official Practice Exams 3, 4,5 and 6?

Where is practice exam 1 & 2?Are those GMATPrep Exam pack 1 & GMATPrep Question pack 1?

Any help please in order not to duplicate any purchase?
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Own Kudos [?]: 4659 [2]
GMAT Focus 1:
715 Q83 V90 DI83
Send PM
Kudos