Last visit was: 29 Apr 2024, 01:10 It is currently 29 Apr 2024, 01:10

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 20726 [86]
Given Kudos: 926
Concentration: General Management, Strategy
GMAT 1: 750 Q51 V40 (Online)
GPA: 3.53
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [1]
Given Kudos: 7
GMAT 1: 720 Q48 V41
GMAT 2: 740 Q48 V44
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 18
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Given Kudos: 7
GMAT 1: 720 Q48 V41
GMAT 2: 740 Q48 V44
Send PM
Re: GMAT FORMAT IS CHANGING APRIL 16, 2018 - it will be 30 minutes shorter [#permalink]
PAcmania wrote:
abstruze wrote:
I can share my experience. I took the new shorter version of the test last week. Result: 740 (Q48, V44).

Here is what I feel:

Verbal:
I felt the verbal was the same level as before. (This was my second attempt, and previous attempt was with the longer version). There were 4 RC passages and only one of them was excessively long. The RC questions were not any different in their difficulty level than the previous test or the GMAT Prep tests.

Quant:
I felt Quant was harder. Most of my preparation time for this attempt was spent on Quant and I was consistently scoring a Q50 in my GMAT Prep practice tests. On the actual test, I can’t recall one question in Quant that wasn’t wordy and confusing. I also had 2-3 combination/probability questions.

I am happy to answer more questions. Hope this helps someone!

Posted from my mobile device

Could you explain how much time you planned for the first 10 questions in Q and V? or your overall timing strategy?

Frankly, the reason I did not score a 760+ (despite consistently scoring in that range in my GMAT Prep tests) is that I did not have a smart timing strategy to rely on under pressure. I tried to be mindful of the time by glancing at the time remaining every now and then. This was a horrible idea. And, in hindsight, I really should've had a better timing strategy. I never utilized a timing strategy during my practice tests either, but I think I felt stressed about time a LOT more intensely in the actual test as opposed to in the practice tests (it probably had to do with the realization that it was the ACTUAL test).

I looked at my ESR and realized the following:
For Verbal, in the first set I spent an average of 2:43 minutes on each incorrect answer, in the second set I spend an average of 3:41 minutes on each incorrect answer, in the third set I spent an average of 1:43 minutes on each incorrect answer and in the final set of questions I spent only 1:31 minute on each incorrect answer. If I had planned my timing better, I wouldn't be rushed to select answers in the final section of questions.
For Quant, I spent an average of 2:43 minutes on each incorrect answer in the third set and I could only manage spending an average of 50 seconds on each incorrect answer in the final set. I rushed through the last two sets of questions in Quant and I performed poorly in those sections.

What I am trying to say is that I am probably the worst person to advice you on timing strategy. There are several great posts here about managing time on the GMAT. I also really like Manhattan's time management strategy (updated for the new shorter version): https://www.manhattanprep.com/gmat/blog ... nt-part-3/ and would likely utilize it if I decide on a retake.

Sorry, I couldn't be of much help.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 14 [0]
Given Kudos: 351
GMAT 1: 650 Q47 V33
Send PM
Re: GMAT FORMAT IS CHANGING APRIL 16, 2018 - it will be 30 minutes shorter [#permalink]
Hello all,
Are the questions new(New set of questions) in the GMAT PREP Tests Exam 3,4,5 & 6(available online)? I wrote the 1st free GMAT PREP Test today and most of the questions were repeated from last GMAT PREP software. So I had to cancel my test in between, because I was knowing many answers. I've my test on June 10th. Experts please reply ASAP. Any help is appreciated. Thanks!
Board of Directors
Own Kudos [?]: 5430 [1]
Given Kudos: 346
Send PM
Kudos
Expert Reply
chandra004 wrote:
Hello all,
Are the questions new(New set of questions) in the GMAT PREP Tests Exam 3,4,5 & 6(available online)? I wrote the 1st free GMAT PREP Test today and most of the questions were repeated from last GMAT PREP software. So I had to cancel my test in between, because I was knowing many answers. I've my test on June 10th. Experts please reply ASAP. Any help is appreciated. Thanks!

Hey chandra004 ,

I believe the answer is NO. GMAC has changed the test format from system application to online version but they haven't changed the Question pool. So, you will see all the same questions which you used to see earlier.

I hope that helps!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 14 [0]
Given Kudos: 351
GMAT 1: 650 Q47 V33
Send PM
So, is it better to take GMAT PREP Tests for practice or MGMAT CATs(I heard it's of good quality)? Keeping this fact in mind that I knew answers to some questions that came in Free GMAT PREP Test 1.
AjiteshArun abhimahna
Board of Directors
Own Kudos [?]: 5430 [0]
Send PM
Expert Reply
chandra004 wrote:
So, is it better to take GMAT PREP Tests for practice or MGMAT CATs(I heard it's of good quality)? Keeping this fact in mind that I knew answers to some questions that came in Free GMAT PREP Test 1.
AjiteshArun abhimahna

Hey chandra004 ,

If you have already taken all the GMAT Preps before, you can go for MGMATs. But if you haven't taken GMAT Prep Exam Pack 1 or 2 before, you won’t find questions from Free preps in Exam Packs.

I hope that helps. :)
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Send PM
Yes, me.
Page is just loading. no error no nothing.
just loading.... (like my brain during a 700 quant question)
Tutor
Affiliations: Harvard University, A.B. with honors in Government, 2002
Own Kudos [?]: 2414 [1]
Given Kudos: 272
GMAT 1: 770 Q47 V48
GMAT 2: 730 Q44 V47
GMAT 3: 750 Q50 V42
GMAT 4: 730 Q48 V42 (Online)
GRE 1: Q168 V169

GRE 2: Q170 V170
Send PM
Kudos
Expert Reply
Top Contributor
PAcmania wrote:
Yes, me.
Page is just loading. no error no nothing.
just loading.... (like my brain during a 700 quant question)

Ha! We've all been there.

A radical suggestion: use the old desktop version of GMAT prep until the new one works out the bugs. Who cares that the sections are a bit longer? At least it works!

-Brian
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 726 [0]
Given Kudos: 294
GMAT 1: 700 Q49 V36
GPA: 4
Send PM
Are you guys able to login? I am unable to login!

Is the website still down?
Board of Directors
Send PM
Expert Reply
pikolo2510 wrote:

Hey pikolo2510 ,

I just tried and it is working fine. Clear your cache and try again. :-)
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 726 [0]
Given Kudos: 294
GMAT 1: 700 Q49 V36
GPA: 4
Send PM
abhimahna wrote:
pikolo2510 wrote:

Hey pikolo2510 ,

I just tried and it is working fine. Clear your cache and try again. :-)

hey abhimahna

I am talking about this link

https://gmatofficialprep.mba.com/SarasExamPrep#/login

Are you able to login successfully? Forgot Password also doesn't work. I land back on the same page

Tried the above after clearing history,cache and in Incognito mode.

Doesn't work. Really annoying from GMAC!!!
Board of Directors
Send PM
Expert Reply
pikolo2510 wrote:

hey abhimahna

I am talking about this link

https://gmatofficialprep.mba.com/SarasExamPrep#/login

Are you able to login successfully? Forgot Password also doesn't work. I land back on the same page

Tried the above after clearing history,cache and in Incognito mode.

Doesn't work. Really annoying from GMAC!!!

Hey pikolo2510 ,

Yes, It is working for me but via a different route.

Login to https://www.mba.com and then choose GMAT Products from left panel and then select Give Practice exams. It will redirect you to the same portal in logged in state.

Let me know if that doesn't work.

Thanks
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [1]
Send PM