GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 20 Jun 2018, 14:20

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

GMAT IS CHANGING APRIL 16, 2018 - it will be 30 minutes shorter

  new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Author Message
26 KUDOS received
Senior SC Moderator
User avatar
V
Joined: 14 Nov 2016
Posts: 1290
Location: Malaysia
GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member CAT Tests
GMAT IS CHANGING APRIL 16, 2018 - it will be 30 minutes shorter [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post Updated on: 01 May 2018, 22:06
26
40

GMAT Test is changing on April 16, 2018 - it will be shortened by 30 minutes




  • Number of questions on the test will be reduced:
    • The number of Quant questions will be reduced by 6: from 37 to 31
    • The number of Verbal questions will be reduced by 5: from 41 to 36

    Update: distribution of questions in GMAT Prep will be:
    (thanks AjiteshArun for sharing this)

    (a) RC: 13-14 (4 passages)
    (b) SC: 12-13
    (c) CR: 9-10
    (d) PS: 17-18
    (e) DS: 13-14

    GMAC is being careful not to say that this is the distribution for the GMAT itself as exam requirements could change over time (that is, the distribution of experimental questions can change).



    !
    April 30th Update:
    GMAT Prep Downloadable Software is NOT being updated to the latest format. Instead, it is being discontinued
    EP1, EP2, and QP1 are not being updated to the latest format. Instead, GMAC is exchange them for online licenses through May 11th



    List of Tests that have been updated for the new format:


    1. Veritas Prep CAT's - as of April 12th - You get 1 free CAT; 7 total
    2. GMAT Club CAT's - as of April 13th - You get 1 free CAT; 20+ total
    3. MGMAT CAT's - as of April 16th - You get 1 free CAT; 6 total






  • This includes a 23-minute reduction in the exam sections, as well as 7 minute reduction across several non-exam screens at the test center (e.g. Tutorial, Section Instructions).
  • The time per question will be approximately the same. While GMAC says it will remain unchanged, we have calculated it to be 1.62 seconds shorter for quant and 1.42 seconds shorter for verbal:

    Quant
    earlier 75x60/37 = 121.62
    now 62x60/31 = 120 seconds

    Verbal
    earlier 75/41 = 109.75 seconds
    now 65x60/36 = 108.33 seconds

    so 1.42 seconds less per question in verbal
  • The reduction in questions comes from reduction of experimental questions.
  • No Changes to IR or AWA section
  • There are some changes to the on-screen instructions that further reduce time used for the test
  • Reschedule exception for 1 week: If you already have scheduled your tests, you can reschedule an appointment but only if it is before May 6th. You have to do it by April 11th. Not sure why limitations but I guess better than nothing
  • GMAT Prep software should be released by April 30th (along with updated Exam Packs)
  • More FAQ's are here: https://www.mba.com/global/frequently-asked-questions/shorter-gmat-exam.aspx


The Big Unknowns:


  • Date of GMAT Prep release - sounds like it is only by April 30th, but hopefully sooner so we can practice
  • Question structure of the RC's. We don't know if we will be losing one passage, or if passages will have fewer questions.

Attachments

M02.jpg
M02.jpg [ 141.46 KiB | Viewed 158122 times ]

GMAT E.jpg
GMAT E.jpg [ 129.69 KiB | Viewed 188103 times ]


_________________

"Be challenged at EVERY MOMENT."

“Strength doesn’t come from what you can do. It comes from overcoming the things you once thought you couldn’t.”

"Each stage of the journey is crucial to attaining new heights of knowledge."

Rules for posting in verbal forum | Please DO NOT post short answer in your post!


Originally posted by hazelnut on 02 Apr 2018, 21:56.
Last edited by hazelnut on 01 May 2018, 22:06, edited 25 times in total.
Updated with debrief links
Veritas Prep GMAT Discount CodesManhattan GMAT Discount CodesOptimus Prep Discount Codes
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 27 Jan 2017
Posts: 13
Location: India
GMAT 1: 730 Q49 V40
GMAT 2: 740 Q49 V42
GPA: 3.66
Re: GMAT IS CHANGING APRIL 16, 2018 - it will be 30 minutes shorter [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 03 May 2018, 08:05
vvijay26 wrote:
Hi Coolo, I think that feature is only available if the user also purchases EP1. Purchasing EP1 enables detailed analysis on those 2 free tests as well.

coolo wrote:
It should also be noted that the "Score Report" (after an exam has been completed) on the "new" GMATPREP online platform only shows your overall performance but no longer shows you a more detailed breakdown of your performance in each quant subcategory (PS, DS, Arithmetic, Algebra/Geometry) or in each verbal subcategory (SC, RC, CR)

The "old" desktop platform at least gave you this data so you could have a better understanding on where to focus your efforts :(


Posted from my mobile device


I bought the exam pack 2 on the new format but was not able to access the detailed score report. Is this only activated by EP 1 or have they discontinued it in the online version?
1 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 08 Aug 2017
Posts: 14
Location: United States (CA)
Schools: IIMA
GMAT 1: 640 Q49 V28
GMAT 2: 690 Q48 V37
GPA: 4
Re: GMAT IS CHANGING APRIL 16, 2018 - it will be 30 minutes shorter [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 03 May 2018, 08:45
1
Hi Sharan, The MBA.com website says that esr is available only if EP1 is purchased.

sharan05 wrote:
vvijay26 wrote:
Hi Coolo, I think that feature is only available if the user also purchases EP1. Purchasing EP1 enables detailed analysis on those 2 free tests as well.

coolo wrote:
It should also be noted that the "Score Report" (after an exam has been completed) on the "new" GMATPREP online platform only shows your overall performance but no longer shows you a more detailed breakdown of your performance in each quant subcategory (PS, DS, Arithmetic, Algebra/Geometry) or in each verbal subcategory (SC, RC, CR)

The "old" desktop platform at least gave you this data so you could have a better understanding on where to focus your efforts :(


Posted from my mobile device


I bought the exam pack 2 on the new format but was not able to access the detailed score report. Is this only activated by EP 1 or have they discontinued it in the online version?


Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 08 Aug 2017
Posts: 14
Location: United States (CA)
Schools: IIMA
GMAT 1: 640 Q49 V28
GMAT 2: 690 Q48 V37
GPA: 4
GMAT IS CHANGING APRIL 16, 2018 - it will be 30 minutes shorter [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 03 May 2018, 17:20
I have purchased the EP1 online version also, but I am still unable to see the detailed score report. I have emailed the gmatprep cusotomer care, will update once I get a response.
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 28 Jun 2017
Posts: 5
Re: GMAT IS CHANGING APRIL 16, 2018 - it will be 30 minutes shorter [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 05 May 2018, 15:34
wolfgangkhan wrote:
Just attempted Exam 2 of the online GMAT Prep. Went through the whole exam and then after the Report of Cancel Score screen got stuck on a screen saying "Please wait.. Your question is being evaluated". Screen has been stuck like that for about 20 minutes now. Have tried to refresh but it just takes me back to the AWA, after which I get stuck on this screen again. Has anyone else had a similar problem?


I encountered the same issue just now! finished a full-length exam and it's now stuck at "Please wait.. Your question is being evaluated" screen for like 20mins now. It is still loading! don't know what to do! Were you able to see your score after all? were you able to resolve the issue? Please let me know!!
Expert Post
Founder
Founder
User avatar
V
Joined: 04 Dec 2002
Posts: 16980
Location: United States (WA)
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GMAT ToolKit User CAT Tests
GMAT IS CHANGING APRIL 16, 2018 - it will be 30 minutes shorter [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 05 May 2018, 15:54
gmatninja07 wrote:
wolfgangkhan wrote:
Just attempted Exam 2 of the online GMAT Prep. Went through the whole exam and then after the Report of Cancel Score screen got stuck on a screen saying "Please wait.. Your question is being evaluated". Screen has been stuck like that for about 20 minutes now. Have tried to refresh but it just takes me back to the AWA, after which I get stuck on this screen again. Has anyone else had a similar problem?


I encountered the same issue just now! finished a full-length exam and it's now stuck at "Please wait.. Your question is being evaluated" screen for like 20mins now. It is still loading! don't know what to do! Were you able to see your score after all? were you able to resolve the issue? Please let me know!!


Issued has been discussed and solution posted of how to address in this thread. Look for it. Both of you :-)
_________________

Founder of GMAT Club

Just starting out with GMAT? Start here... or use our Daily Study Plan


Co-author of the GMAT Club tests

Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 27 Jan 2017
Posts: 13
Location: India
GMAT 1: 730 Q49 V40
GMAT 2: 740 Q49 V42
GPA: 3.66
GMAT IS CHANGING APRIL 16, 2018 - it will be 30 minutes shorter [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 06 May 2018, 04:04
I gave 3 full tests on the new online platform and now I'm neither able to access my scores nor review the questions that I had encountered. Can someone help me out here?
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 14 Jan 2018
Posts: 2
Location: India
GMAT 1: 540 Q36 V28
GPA: 3.37
GMAT ToolKit User Reviews Badge
Re: GMAT IS CHANGING APRIL 16, 2018 - it will be 30 minutes shorter [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 06 May 2018, 04:50
MY GMAT EXPERIENCE(Shorter Version)

Recently i have given my GMAT (Though I got less marks with a 45 days preparation) I have encountered somewhat less number of Data sufficiency questions in my final exam and more number of problem solving questions when it comes to quantitative and there are many Sentence correction questions and very few Critical reasoning questions when compared to RC and SC. There are 4 RC's
(My bad luck is my third question was a 4 paragraph passage).

*There are few CR questions in the updated version.
*I didn't get exhausted while writing the real GMAT.
*Testing center matters a lot. Choose it wisely.
*I didn't find any difference in the Integrated Reasoning and AWA sections.

My final exam result was 500 with Q45 and V14. As I have applied some random strategy i have got those marks I' m gonna give my 2nd and final attempt after my verbal improvement.
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 08 Aug 2017
Posts: 15
GMAT 1: 690 Q49 V35
CAT Tests
GMAT IS CHANGING APRIL 16, 2018 - it will be 30 minutes shorter [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 06 May 2018, 07:17
I appeared yesterday.
Unfortunately, I got the same score of 690 as I did last time, so I cancelled it.
However this time my quant took a hit while the verbal score improved. Last exam was Q49, V35, IR 7. This time it was Q47, V37, IR 4.

Quant: Seemed trickier. I think I might have solved easy questions wrongly. I need to return to basics I guess as I had practiced mostly hard questions this time in order to get Q50/51. I remember verbally solving few quant questions yesterday, that was suicidal.

Verbal: Overall tough, similar to last time. Majority questions seemed to be SC. 4 RC passages. I think I just got 7-8 CR questions. Do not take my word on that as I was not counting, but CR questions were quite few. The good news is that timing wise, verbal was manageable.

IR: I lost track midway. I think it was not my day, scored a dismal 4. IR also seemed a notch higher than last time.

It feels bad to miss 700 mark by a whisker twice. But I will not give up and hopefully re-appear soon. Good luck to all upcoming test takers.
Top Contributor
2 KUDOS received
Director
Director
User avatar
G
Status: Professional GMAT Tutor
Affiliations: AB, cum laude, Harvard University (Class of '02)
Joined: 10 Jul 2015
Posts: 646
Location: United States (CA)
Age: 38
GMAT 1: 770 Q47 V48
GMAT 2: 730 Q44 V47
GMAT 3: 750 Q50 V42
GRE 1: 337 Q168 V169
WE: Education (Education)
GMAT IS CHANGING APRIL 16, 2018 - it will be 30 minutes shorter [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post Updated on: 09 May 2018, 23:52
2
Top Contributor
1
In working with my private GMAT students, I've noticed a few important differences between the old desktop GMATPrep software and the new online tests:

1) Keyboard shortcuts (ALT-N, ALT-Y, etc.) don't work on the online tests (though I imagine they will continue to work on the actual exam).
2) When you review your answers on the online tests, the correct answer is already indicated (for maximum learning, it would be better if the GMAC went back to the old "Show Answer" button, so that you could re-try the question first before clicking it). In fact, it would be even better if your original answer were not indicated either, in order to facilitate what I call a "blind re-try" of each incorrectly answered question.

Image
Image

3) The "ESR" that is included with Exam Pack 1 is not yet as detailed or helpful as is the one included with the GMATPrep software: although it does provide "time taken per question by section and type" and overall scores, it does not provide sub-scores or percentiles for the individual question types in each section (Problem Solving, Data Sufficiency, Reading Comprehension, Sentence Correction, Critical Reasoning, Graphical Interpretation, Multi-Source Reasoning, Table Analysis, Two-Part Analysis), as does the desktop version of GMATPrep. This is quite a glaring omission!

Average timing information by question type is somewhat helpful, but what matters more is your overall performance on each question type, which used to be provided, but this key question-type data is currently missing from the online tests--at the moment all that is provided is an overall score, sub-scores in Quant and Verbal, and timing information.

Image
Image
Image

4) When viewing overall section performance, the questions are organized horizontally (?) instead of vertically. I have also noticed a bug where the wrong question number shows up in the review screen.

Image

-Brian
_________________

Harvard grad and 99% GMAT scorer, offering expert, private GMAT tutoring and coaching, both in-person (San Diego, CA, USA) and online worldwide, since 2002.

One of the only known humans to have taken the GMAT 5 times and scored in the 700s every time (700, 710, 730, 750, 770), including verified section scores of Q50 / V47, as well as personal bests of 8/8 IR (2 times), 6/6 AWA (4 times), 50/51Q and 48/51V (1 question wrong).

You can download my official test-taker score report (all scores within the last 5 years) directly from the Pearson Vue website: https://tinyurl.com/y8zh6qby Date of Birth: 09 December 1979.

GMAT Action Plan and Free E-Book - McElroy Tutoring


Originally posted by mcelroytutoring on 06 May 2018, 11:24.
Last edited by mcelroytutoring on 09 May 2018, 23:52, edited 21 times in total.
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 28 Aug 2016
Posts: 42
CAT Tests
Re: GMAT IS CHANGING APRIL 16, 2018 - it will be 30 minutes shorter [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 06 May 2018, 14:51
mcelroytutoring wrote:
In working with my private GMAT students, I've noticed a few important differences between the old desktop GMATPrep software and the new online tests:

1) Keystrokes (ALT-N, ALT-Y, etc.) don't work on the online tests.
2) When you review your answers on the online tests, the correct answer is already indicated (for maximum learning, it would be better if the GMAC went back to the old "Show Answer" button, so that you could re-try the question first). In fact, it would be even better if your original answer were not indicated either, in order to facilitate what I call a "blind re-try."
3) The "ESR" that is included with Exam Pack 1 is not as detailed or helpful as is the one included with the GMATPrep software.

-Brian



Brian, so I finished all the sections in my CAT 3 on the online version today, however, I did not click Next before the time is up on the AWA (last section) and I clicked next after the time is up. Then the screen is frozen and said "your question is being evaluated"> Is there are way to fix this and get a score?

I was assuming I did nto need to press next and my essay will still be saved and score will still be computed.
Top Contributor
Director
Director
User avatar
G
Status: Professional GMAT Tutor
Affiliations: AB, cum laude, Harvard University (Class of '02)
Joined: 10 Jul 2015
Posts: 646
Location: United States (CA)
Age: 38
GMAT 1: 770 Q47 V48
GMAT 2: 730 Q44 V47
GMAT 3: 750 Q50 V42
GRE 1: 337 Q168 V169
WE: Education (Education)
GMAT IS CHANGING APRIL 16, 2018 - it will be 30 minutes shorter [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 06 May 2018, 16:03
Top Contributor
bondtradercu wrote:
mcelroytutoring wrote:
In working with my private GMAT students, I've noticed a few important differences between the old desktop GMATPrep software and the new online tests:

1) Keystrokes (ALT-N, ALT-Y, etc.) don't work on the online tests.
2) When you review your answers on the online tests, the correct answer is already indicated (for maximum learning, it would be better if the GMAC went back to the old "Show Answer" button, so that you could re-try the question first). In fact, it would be even better if your original answer were not indicated either, in order to facilitate what I call a "blind re-try."
3) The "ESR" that is included with Exam Pack 1 is not as detailed or helpful as is the one included with the GMATPrep software.

-Brian



Brian, so I finished all the sections in my CAT 3 on the online version today, however, I did not click Next before the time is up on the AWA (last section) and I clicked next after the time is up. Then the screen is frozen and said "your question is being evaluated"> Is there are way to fix this and get a score?

I was assuming I did nto need to press next and my essay will still be saved and score will still be computed.

Hi bondtradercu,

As with most cloud-based software, it's probably a browser issue:

1) Open up Chrome or some other browser instead.
2) Access your test that way.

Good luck,

-Brian
_________________

Harvard grad and 99% GMAT scorer, offering expert, private GMAT tutoring and coaching, both in-person (San Diego, CA, USA) and online worldwide, since 2002.

One of the only known humans to have taken the GMAT 5 times and scored in the 700s every time (700, 710, 730, 750, 770), including verified section scores of Q50 / V47, as well as personal bests of 8/8 IR (2 times), 6/6 AWA (4 times), 50/51Q and 48/51V (1 question wrong).

You can download my official test-taker score report (all scores within the last 5 years) directly from the Pearson Vue website: https://tinyurl.com/y8zh6qby Date of Birth: 09 December 1979.

GMAT Action Plan and Free E-Book - McElroy Tutoring

Senior Manager
Senior Manager
User avatar
B
Joined: 24 Jun 2016
Posts: 259
GMAT 1: 770 Q60 V60
GPA: 4
Re: GMAT IS CHANGING APRIL 16, 2018 - it will be 30 minutes shorter [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 06 May 2018, 16:46
mcelroytutoring wrote:
In working with my private GMAT students, I've noticed a few important differences between the old desktop GMATPrep software and the new online tests:

1) Keyboard shortcuts (ALT-N, ALT-Y, etc.) don't work on the online tests (though I imagine they will continue to work on the actual exam).
2) When you review your answers on the online tests, the correct answer is already indicated (for maximum learning, it would be better if the GMAC went back to the old "Show Answer" button, so that you could re-try the question first before clicking it). In fact, it would be even better if your original answer were not indicated either, in order to facilitate what I call a "blind re-try" of each incorrectly answered question.

3) The "ESR" that is included with Exam Pack 1 is not as detailed or helpful as is the one included with the GMATPrep software.


4) When viewing overall section performance, the questions are organized horizontally (?) instead of vertically. I have also noticed a bug where the wrong question number shows up in the review screen.

-Brian


These changes are annoying. I don't understand why GMAC decided to modify what was working so well before. Shaking my head. I hope they bring back the old useful features.
_________________

Offering top quality online and offline GMAT tutoring in SoCal and worldwide.

$80/hour as of May 2018.


http://www.facebook.com/HanoiGMATtutor
HanoiGMATTutor@gmail.com

Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 28 Aug 2016
Posts: 42
CAT Tests
Re: GMAT IS CHANGING APRIL 16, 2018 - it will be 30 minutes shorter [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 06 May 2018, 18:08
mcelroytutoring wrote:
bondtradercu wrote:
mcelroytutoring wrote:
In working with my private GMAT students, I've noticed a few important differences between the old desktop GMATPrep software and the new online tests:

1) Keystrokes (ALT-N, ALT-Y, etc.) don't work on the online tests.
2) When you review your answers on the online tests, the correct answer is already indicated (for maximum learning, it would be better if the GMAC went back to the old "Show Answer" button, so that you could re-try the question first). In fact, it would be even better if your original answer were not indicated either, in order to facilitate what I call a "blind re-try."
3) The "ESR" that is included with Exam Pack 1 is not as detailed or helpful as is the one included with the GMATPrep software.

-Brian



Brian, so I finished all the sections in my CAT 3 on the online version today, however, I did not click Next before the time is up on the AWA (last section) and I clicked next after the time is up. Then the screen is frozen and said "your question is being evaluated"> Is there are way to fix this and get a score?

I was assuming I did nto need to press next and my essay will still be saved and score will still be computed.

Hi bondtradercu,

As with most cloud-based software, it's probably a browser issue:

1) Open up Chrome or some other browser instead.
2) Access your test that way.

Good luck,

-Brian



Thanks Brian - I was taking the test on Chrome. Do you mean open on another browser for the home page and see the test score?

I tried opening another tab on Chrome and Internet Explorer and just loged into my home page but it said for CAT 3, there has been 0 attempt. I still have another Chrome tab opened where it froze to your question is being evaluated.....

Do you think if I call GMAT they can solve this? Any chances the questions are still saved? They prob did not wipe out the questions correct?
Top Contributor
Director
Director
User avatar
G
Status: Professional GMAT Tutor
Affiliations: AB, cum laude, Harvard University (Class of '02)
Joined: 10 Jul 2015
Posts: 646
Location: United States (CA)
Age: 38
GMAT 1: 770 Q47 V48
GMAT 2: 730 Q44 V47
GMAT 3: 750 Q50 V42
GRE 1: 337 Q168 V169
WE: Education (Education)
GMAT IS CHANGING APRIL 16, 2018 - it will be 30 minutes shorter [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 06 May 2018, 19:22
Top Contributor
bondtradercu wrote:
Thanks Brian - I was taking the test on Chrome. Do you mean open on another browser for the home page and see the test score?

I tried opening another tab on Chrome and Internet Explorer and just loged into my home page but it said for CAT 3, there has been 0 attempt. I still have another Chrome tab opened where it froze to your question is being evaluated.....

Do you think if I call GMAT they can solve this? Any chances the questions are still saved? They prob did not wipe out the questions correct?

Sure! Maybe it wasn't a browser issue at all, in your case at least. I wouldn't panic just yet--others in this situation have been able to recover their scores.

Ultimately, though, this is a GMAC tech support issue. However, GMAC is not exactly the highest-rated customer service provider in the industry, if you know what I mean. Sometimes you just have to keep trying until you figure out the issue yourself.

If all else fails, you could always send a message to the GMAC representative on GMAT Club and see whether you receive a helpful response.

-Brian
_________________

Harvard grad and 99% GMAT scorer, offering expert, private GMAT tutoring and coaching, both in-person (San Diego, CA, USA) and online worldwide, since 2002.

One of the only known humans to have taken the GMAT 5 times and scored in the 700s every time (700, 710, 730, 750, 770), including verified section scores of Q50 / V47, as well as personal bests of 8/8 IR (2 times), 6/6 AWA (4 times), 50/51Q and 48/51V (1 question wrong).

You can download my official test-taker score report (all scores within the last 5 years) directly from the Pearson Vue website: https://tinyurl.com/y8zh6qby Date of Birth: 09 December 1979.

GMAT Action Plan and Free E-Book - McElroy Tutoring

Intern
Intern
avatar
S
Joined: 01 Sep 2016
Posts: 6
CAT Tests
Re: GMAT IS CHANGING APRIL 16, 2018 - it will be 30 minutes shorter [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 06 May 2018, 23:34
Can any one who have taken the tests in the new gmatprep version tell the question break up in the verbal section for CR,RC,SC.
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 07 May 2018
Posts: 6
GMAT ToolKit User
Re: GMAT IS CHANGING APRIL 16, 2018 - it will be 30 minutes shorter [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 07 May 2018, 01:37
Hi, I'm new here and I need opinion from anyone about my latest GMAT experience.
So, anyone thinking after the new format GMAT become harder?? I took first GMAT last March with old format and can score 600, but when I attempt to took it again today, my score drops to 490!!
I was study using only OG 2016 and 2018, it goes well for my first GMAT, but for me today's question far from OG typical question.
Any inside?

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 04 Jun 2017
Posts: 8
GMAT ToolKit User CAT Tests
Re: GMAT IS CHANGING APRIL 16, 2018 - it will be 30 minutes shorter [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 07 May 2018, 02:07
balagevr wrote:
Can any one who have taken the tests in the new gmatprep version tell the question break up in the verbal section for CR,RC,SC.


According to GMATPrep 1 (as of this morning),

Verbal: SC: 14 RC: 13 (4 passages) CR: 9

Quant: PS: 18 DS: 13
Manager
Manager
avatar
G
Joined: 01 May 2016
Posts: 83
Location: United States
Concentration: Finance, International Business
GPA: 3.8
CAT Tests
Re: GMAT IS CHANGING APRIL 16, 2018 - it will be 30 minutes shorter [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 07 May 2018, 02:30
myheartssay wrote:
Hi, I'm new here and I need opinion from anyone about my latest GMAT experience.
So, anyone thinking after the new format GMAT become harder?? I took first GMAT last March with old format and can score 600, but when I attempt to took it again today, my score drops to 490!!
I was study using only OG 2016 and 2018, it goes well for my first GMAT, but for me today's question far from OG typical question.
Any inside?

Posted from my mobile device


What is your sectional score? PS, DS, CR, RC, SC. The difference between old and new GMAT is mainly number of questions in RC and passages being more convoluted. Also, the probability of guessing an answer will hurt more than before because experimental q's are removed.

IMO..people who scored 600-700 range earlier are scoring 450-550 range with the new pattern. SO try to ace RC and accuracy, a little more hard work is required to score 650+ in new GMAT.

Hope this helps.
_________________

TD

Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 10 Jan 2018
Posts: 11
CAT Tests
Re: GMAT IS CHANGING APRIL 16, 2018 - it will be 30 minutes shorter [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 07 May 2018, 03:16
hey guys,

I was in the midst of a CAT on the new Official Gmat Prep platform. I clicked next to submit my quant answer and the screen froze. So I closed the popup, went back to main menu and clicked on continue (This was EXAM 3). However, it did not resolve my issue. In fact I got kicked out of the entire platform and now cant even load the website anymore.

Can anyone please check whether the site is up and running? It is not loading for me anymore. My browser is attempting to establish a connection but nothing shows up - not even a connection error.

Kindly let me know if you have similar issues...
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 07 May 2018
Posts: 6
GMAT ToolKit User
Re: GMAT IS CHANGING APRIL 16, 2018 - it will be 30 minutes shorter [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 07 May 2018, 03:29
Tridhipal wrote:
myheartssay wrote:
Hi, I'm new here and I need opinion from anyone about my latest GMAT experience.
So, anyone thinking after the new format GMAT become harder?? I took first GMAT last March with old format and can score 600, but when I attempt to took it again today, my score drops to 490!!
I was study using only OG 2016 and 2018, it goes well for my first GMAT, but for me today's question far from OG typical question.
Any inside?

Posted from my mobile device


What is your sectional score? PS, DS, CR, RC, SC. The difference between old and new GMAT is mainly number of questions in RC and passages being more convoluted. Also, the probability of guessing an answer will hurt more than before because experimental q's are removed.

IMO..people who scored 600-700 range earlier are scoring 450-550 range with the new pattern. SO try to ace RC and accuracy, a little more hard work is required to score 650+ in new GMAT.

Hope this helps.
Hey, thanks for your reply. I don't really remember since the total score so low I canceled it immediately. I think around 30 for Q and around 20 for V, all below my first GMAT.

So, they remove all experiment questions or only proportionally, which means experimental questions still there only with smaller number?

Have you taken GMAT with new format? What's your score? Do you think OG still enough? Any recommendation for other source?

Sorry for lots of question, I'm still unsure whether to take another GMAT or stick with 600, since today's test question too different with my practice all this time, I'm afraid another GMAT will only end with failure
Re: GMAT IS CHANGING APRIL 16, 2018 - it will be 30 minutes shorter   [#permalink] 07 May 2018, 03:29

Go to page   Previous    1  ...  10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21    Next  [ 418 posts ] 

Display posts from previous: Sort by

GMAT IS CHANGING APRIL 16, 2018 - it will be 30 minutes shorter

  new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  

Moderator: HKD1710

HOT DEALS FOR JUNE
Math Revolution - $99/3 mo Free 1-month trial + Diagnostic Test
Economist GMAT - Free Free 1-week trial + Free Test
examPAL Full GMAT video course - Save 10%
EMPOWERgmat - $85/mo GMAT Club tests included 2nd month GMAT Prep Exams 3, 4, 5 & 6
Target Test Prep - Save $800 $50 Discount + $750 Bonus [GMAT Club
Tests and Premium MBA Bundle]
Kaplan Courses - Save $475 $225 Discount + $250 Bonus
GMAT Club Tests - Free Included with every course purchase
of $149 or more - Full List is here


GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions and Privacy Policy| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap

Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group | Emoji artwork provided by EmojiOne

Kindly note that the GMAT® test is a registered trademark of the Graduate Management Admission Council®, and this site has neither been reviewed nor endorsed by GMAC®.