It is currently 21 Oct 2017, 18:15

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

GMAT Scores

  new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Author Message
TAGS:

Hide Tags

VP
VP
User avatar
D
Joined: 15 Jul 2015
Posts: 1017

Kudos [?]: 226 [0], given: 4

Location: India
GMAT 1: 780 Q50 V51
GRE 1: 339 Q170 V169
Re: GMAT Scores [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 27 Feb 2016, 20:47
elusive wrote:
Are you trying to intend that the text on mbadotcom is incorrect?
Update: the GMAC has again confirmed to us that the scale remains the same. We've requested them to update the information on mba.com.
_________________

Profile

Kudos [?]: 226 [0], given: 4

Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 14 Feb 2016
Posts: 2

Kudos [?]: [0], given: 0

Re: GMAT Scores [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 06 Mar 2016, 23:53
Hello,

I am confused about the scale score. How is that measured? Is it the number of questions answered correctly times the point(s) of each question answered correct ?

Kudos [?]: [0], given: 0

VP
VP
User avatar
D
Joined: 15 Jul 2015
Posts: 1017

Kudos [?]: 226 [0], given: 4

Location: India
GMAT 1: 780 Q50 V51
GRE 1: 339 Q170 V169
Re: GMAT Scores [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 07 Mar 2016, 02:39
rahims wrote:
I am confused about the scale score. How is that measured? Is it the number of questions answered correctly times the point(s) of each question answered correct ?
The scaled score is an approximate measure of your ability level (as measured by the GMAT). The GMAT assigns a percentile to each scaled score on the basis of how common that score was in the 3 year (rolling) period before the current testing year.
_________________

Profile

Kudos [?]: 226 [0], given: 4

Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 14 Feb 2016
Posts: 2

Kudos [?]: [0], given: 0

Re: GMAT Scores [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 09 Mar 2016, 22:06
AjiteshArun wrote:
rahims wrote:
I am confused about the scale score. How is that measured? Is it the number of questions answered correctly times the point(s) of each question answered correct ?
The scaled score is an approximate measure of your ability level (as measured by the GMAT). The GMAT assigns a percentile to each scaled score on the basis of how common that score was in the 3 year (rolling) period before the current testing year.


Thank you Ajitesh,

But still i am not getting the point of scaled score? like is it the total marks obtained or it is the total number of questions got right ? how it is created or calculated ?

Kudos [?]: [0], given: 0

Senior Manager
Senior Manager
User avatar
B
Joined: 27 Mar 2016
Posts: 338

Kudos [?]: 112 [0], given: 26

Location: United States (CO)
GMAT 1: 770 Q51 V44
GPA: 3.69
WE: Analyst (Consulting)
Re: GMAT Scores [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 16 Jun 2016, 09:32
rahims wrote:
AjiteshArun wrote:
rahims wrote:
I am confused about the scale score. How is that measured? Is it the number of questions answered correctly times the point(s) of each question answered correct ?
The scaled score is an approximate measure of your ability level (as measured by the GMAT). The GMAT assigns a percentile to each scaled score on the basis of how common that score was in the 3 year (rolling) period before the current testing year.


Thank you Ajitesh,

But still i am not getting the point of scaled score? like is it the total marks obtained or it is the total number of questions got right ? how it is created or calculated ?


It's an equated score to make up for the difference in overall difficulty levels of the questions each test taker is given.

Posted from my mobile device

Kudos [?]: 112 [0], given: 26

1 KUDOS received
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
User avatar
B
Joined: 27 Mar 2016
Posts: 338

Kudos [?]: 112 [1], given: 26

Location: United States (CO)
GMAT 1: 770 Q51 V44
GPA: 3.69
WE: Analyst (Consulting)
Re: GMAT Scores [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 16 Jun 2016, 09:41
1
This post received
KUDOS
Needs an update on cancellation policy...

Posted from my mobile device

Kudos [?]: 112 [1], given: 26

Expert Post
Founder
Founder
User avatar
P
Joined: 04 Dec 2002
Posts: 15590

Kudos [?]: 28530 [0], given: 5114

Location: United States (WA)
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member CAT Tests
Re: GMAT Scores [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 04 Aug 2016, 23:27
Expert's post
3
This post was
BOOKMARKED
GMAC has released their annual update to the GMAT percentiles.
Attached is the new distribution.

It is not much different from last year's and neither are the trends:

There is some shift in mid-600 overall score percentiles by a point (e.g. 630 used to be 70th percentile and now it is 69th).

The Quant has inflated the most. Now Q49 is 77th percentile vs 78th in 2015 and Q48 is 71st vs 73rd in 2015.

Verbal test-taking volume has had some very minor impacts and caused a deflation (e.g. V36 is now 81st percentile instead of 80th in 2015).

As usual, nothing we can really do and no changes or implication to the strategy/etc. At GMAT Club, we will be updating the percentiles to match the new values, but this has no impact on the overall GMAT score, just some personal pride and standing.
Attachments

Overall_GMAT_Score_Percentiles-2016.png
Overall_GMAT_Score_Percentiles-2016.png [ 80.3 KiB | Viewed 1357 times ]


_________________

Founder of GMAT Club

Just starting out with GMAT? Start here... or use our Daily Study Plan


Co-author of the GMAT Club tests

Kudos [?]: 28530 [0], given: 5114

Intern
Intern
User avatar
Joined: 13 Feb 2016
Posts: 18

Kudos [?]: 7 [0], given: 125

Location: India
Akhilesh: Das
Concentration: Strategy, Technology
GMAT 1: 540 Q39 V24
GMAT ToolKit User Reviews Badge
Re: GMAT Scores [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 12 Oct 2016, 09:47
Hi,

I see the attachment is from 2012. Does the matrix change over time? I tried to google and found that V51 was 97 percentile. Also, I got a V24 in my previous GMAT attempt and my score report said 37 percentile but as per this sheet it should have been lower than 36 percentile.

Can you please clarify?

Kudos [?]: 7 [0], given: 125

Expert Post
1 KUDOS received
Founder
Founder
User avatar
P
Joined: 04 Dec 2002
Posts: 15590

Kudos [?]: 28530 [1], given: 5114

Location: United States (WA)
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member CAT Tests
Re: GMAT Scores [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 12 Oct 2016, 09:49
1
This post received
KUDOS
Expert's post
akhileshdas wrote:
Hi,

I see the attachment is from 2012. Does the matrix change over time? I tried to google and found that V51 was 97 percentile. Also, I got a V24 in my previous GMAT attempt and my score report said 37 percentile but as per this sheet it should have been lower than 36 percentile.

Can you please clarify?


No, it does not. The matrix is approximation based on the large history/feedback/research of student scores.
The percentiles may change but they have nothing to do with the hard V and Q scores.
_________________

Founder of GMAT Club

Just starting out with GMAT? Start here... or use our Daily Study Plan


Co-author of the GMAT Club tests

Kudos [?]: 28530 [1], given: 5114

Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 28 Oct 2014
Posts: 7

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 0

GMAT 1: 740 Q48 V45
GPA: 3.85
Reviews Badge
Re: GMAT Scores [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 08 Nov 2016, 12:40
So I got a 740 (Q48, V45) this morning and every chart I can find has that combination listed as a 750. In fact, in most of them it looks like with a Q47, V45 I would have gotten a 750 as well.

Why does my scoring appear to be lower?

Apologies if I'm missing something. It was my understanding that although percentile rankings may change, the total score based on your subsection scores remains the same.

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 0

Expert Post
Founder
Founder
User avatar
P
Joined: 04 Dec 2002
Posts: 15590

Kudos [?]: 28530 [0], given: 5114

Location: United States (WA)
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member CAT Tests
Re: GMAT Scores [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 08 Nov 2016, 12:43
Tadilliner wrote:
So I got a 740 (Q48, V45) this morning and every chart I can find has that combination listed as a 750. In fact, in most of them it looks like with a Q47, V45 I would have gotten a 750 as well.

Why does my scoring appear to be lower?

Apologies if I'm missing something. It was my understanding that although percentile rankings may change, the total score based on your subsection scores remains the same.



First - congratulations!
Second, there is an explanation - the tables are not exactly precise, and that is because the final score (e.g. 740) is not a byproduct of the scaled scores (47, 45) but rather the total and the scaled scores are arrived to using separate algorithms, and since the GMAT score is reported in increments of 10's there is an inconsistency.

Hope this helps and puts your mind at ease. Good Luck on a great score and hope you can focus on your applications now!
_________________

Founder of GMAT Club

Just starting out with GMAT? Start here... or use our Daily Study Plan


Co-author of the GMAT Club tests

Kudos [?]: 28530 [0], given: 5114

Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 28 Oct 2014
Posts: 7

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 0

GMAT 1: 740 Q48 V45
GPA: 3.85
Reviews Badge
Re: GMAT Scores [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 08 Nov 2016, 12:46
bb wrote:
Tadilliner wrote:
So I got a 740 (Q48, V45) this morning and every chart I can find has that combination listed as a 750. In fact, in most of them it looks like with a Q47, V45 I would have gotten a 750 as well.

Why does my scoring appear to be lower?

Apologies if I'm missing something. It was my understanding that although percentile rankings may change, the total score based on your subsection scores remains the same.



First - congratulations!
Second, there is an explanation - the tables are not exactly precise, and that is because the final score (e.g. 740) is not a byproduct of the scaled scores (47, 45) but rather the total and the scaled scores are arrived to using separate algorithms, and since the GMAT score is reported in increments of 10's there is an inconsistency.

Hope this helps and puts your mind at ease. Good Luck on a great score and hope you can focus on your applications now!


Ah, okay. That makes sense (sort of)! A 750 would inflate my ego a bit but I just wanted to make sure everything was correct. Thank you for the explanation and well wishes!

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 0

Expert Post
Founder
Founder
User avatar
P
Joined: 04 Dec 2002
Posts: 15590

Kudos [?]: 28530 [0], given: 5114

Location: United States (WA)
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member CAT Tests
Re: GMAT Scores [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 08 Nov 2016, 12:49
Yes, it sure would - big round numbers appeal to us MBA Types, or otherwise, why is the scoring in multiples of 10 instead of simply from 20 to 80?
Most people who walk out of the test center feel they could have done better, including those who may be fully satisfied and surprised with their score. Similar to compensation, it seems there is never a score that is too high. Myself included - I have considered for a few hours after the test pros and cons of retaking (back then it was a month-long wait).

However, congratulations - you have a great and a unique score with V45 - that's rare.
_________________

Founder of GMAT Club

Just starting out with GMAT? Start here... or use our Daily Study Plan


Co-author of the GMAT Club tests

Kudos [?]: 28530 [0], given: 5114

Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 12 Jun 2015
Posts: 37

Kudos [?]: 9 [0], given: 3

Reviews Badge
Re: GMAT Scores [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 19 Dec 2016, 12:26
Is there a GRE to GMAT converter or vice versa with splits?

Kudos [?]: 9 [0], given: 3

Director
Director
avatar
S
Joined: 12 Dec 2016
Posts: 897

Kudos [?]: 11 [0], given: 865

Location: United States
GMAT 1: 700 Q49 V33
GPA: 3.64
GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member CAT Tests
Re: GMAT Scores [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 09 May 2017, 14:41
so, if I got 1 question right, for example, a 600-700 question, then the next question will turn into 700+ question?

Kudos [?]: 11 [0], given: 865

Expert Post
1 KUDOS received
Founder
Founder
User avatar
P
Joined: 04 Dec 2002
Posts: 15590

Kudos [?]: 28530 [1], given: 5114

Location: United States (WA)
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member CAT Tests
Re: GMAT Scores [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 09 May 2017, 14:52
1
This post received
KUDOS
Expert's post
chesstitans wrote:
so, if I got 1 question right, for example, a 600-700 question, then the next question will turn into 700+ question?


Yes, though depending on your position within the test (first vs 30th question), difficulty change speed varies. For example, in the first 5-10 questions, the difficulty changes quite a bit, so while you may have been served Q33 or V27 question first, if you get it right, the second may be Q40 and V32 and if you still get it right, then it goes to Q45 and V35 but in my experience it takes a bit longer for difficulty to get to "700-level" - more like by question 12 is when it gets really tough/hard.

Keep in mind that on the real GMAT you will have experimental questions which may be out of difficulty order or you may be served with lower difficulty in the mid-section of the GMAT.

Good Luck!
_________________

Founder of GMAT Club

Just starting out with GMAT? Start here... or use our Daily Study Plan


Co-author of the GMAT Club tests

Kudos [?]: 28530 [1], given: 5114

Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 26 Feb 2017
Posts: 6

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 24

Location: United States (PA)
Concentration: Technology, Statistics
GMAT 1: 740 Q50 V40
GPA: 3.53
WE: Information Technology (Telecommunications)
Re: GMAT Scores [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 17 Jul 2017, 09:05
Hi all!

Long time lurker, first time poster.

So with the GMAT score calculator...how accurate is it supposed to be ~recently~? I know this web app was launched a while ago, but I'm wondering if anyone has any insight into it's usefulness over the last year or two.

I got 710 - 740 on all the Kaplan tests and the calculator seems to weight my Kaplan scores heavily: 720 Kaplan with average performance under pressure becomes 750 actual GMAT.

Any and all responses are welcome!

Mango

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 24

Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 11 Dec 2016
Posts: 14

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 11

Re: GMAT Scores [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 25 Jul 2017, 10:40
Hi can you please let me know how accurate these scoring charts are?

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 11

Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 26 Apr 2017
Posts: 4

Kudos [?]: 2 [0], given: 3

Re: GMAT Scores [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 25 Jul 2017, 18:45
720 (Q46, V44) -- in case that helps anyone. Lines up with the rubric provided in the first post.

Kudos [?]: 2 [0], given: 3

1 KUDOS received
Manager
Manager
User avatar
S
Joined: 02 May 2016
Posts: 82

Kudos [?]: 32 [1], given: 206

Location: India
Concentration: Entrepreneurship
GRE 1: 317 Q163 V154
WE: Information Technology (Computer Software)
Reviews Badge
Re: GMAT Scores [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 11 Aug 2017, 08:04
1
This post received
KUDOS
GMAT Club Score Calculator is not working or what?
I am getting this exception:
Quote:
exception 'PHPTAL_MacroMissingException' with message 'Macro 'header' is not defined in head-new-forum-common.html' in /srv/sites/gmatclub.com/htdocs/static/plain-new.html:27
Stack trace:
#0 /tmp/tpl_5988c3a3_plain_new__IIIr74QpAn3lsYWPBsY7EQ.php(56): PHPTAL->_executeMacroOfTemplate('head-new-forum-...', Object(PHPTAL))
#1 /usr/share/pear/PHPTAL.php(776): tpl_5988c3a3_plain_new__IIIr74QpAn3lsYWPBsY7EQ_plain(Object(PHPTAL), Object(PHPTAL))
#2 /tmp/tpl_593dddec_estimator__A9XBAOk546Doe8rF8FcmOg.php(73): PHPTAL->_executeMacroOfTemplate('plain-new.html/...', Object(PHPTAL))
#3 /usr/share/pear/PHPTAL.php(667): tpl_593dddec_estimator__A9XBAOk546Doe8rF8FcmOg(Object(PHPTAL), Object(PHPTAL_Context))
#4 /usr/share/php/gmatclub/tpl.php(50): PHPTAL->execute()
#5 /srv/sites/gmatclub.com/htdocs/gmat-score-calculator/index.php(10): gmatclub_tpl('estimator.xhtml', Array)
#6 {main}


Also, for similar issues, whom do I pm? I don't want to increase my post count over nothing! :)

Kudos [?]: 32 [1], given: 206

Re: GMAT Scores   [#permalink] 11 Aug 2017, 08:04

Go to page   Previous    1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11    Next  [ 205 posts ] 

Display posts from previous: Sort by

GMAT Scores

  new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  

Moderator: HiLine



cron

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap

Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group | Emoji artwork provided by EmojiOne

Kindly note that the GMAT® test is a registered trademark of the Graduate Management Admission Council®, and this site has neither been reviewed nor endorsed by GMAC®.