It is currently 19 Aug 2017, 11:48

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Harvard GMAT score submission question

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Manager
Manager

Kudos [?]: 13 [0], given: 93

Concentration: Strategy, Operations
GMAT 1: 720 Q46 V42
GPA: 3.86
WE: Information Technology (Consulting)
Harvard GMAT score submission question [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 18 Jul 2016, 22:44
I submitted my scores to Harvard as one of the 5 you get included in the GMAT test. In the Kellogg application I can see a "Verified" status that they got it, but with Harvard there is no such verification. I also got nice emails from both Kellogg and LBS saying they received the scores but not any of the others. Can anyone speak to this - how do I know that Harvard received my official scores when I write or submit my application? Thanks!

Kudos [?]: 13 [0], given: 93

Haas Thread Master

Kudos [?]: 43 [0], given: 139

Concentration: Strategy, Economics
Schools: HBS '18 (M)
Re: Harvard GMAT score submission question [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 19 Jul 2016, 01:35
I wouldn't be too worried about the verification email from Harvard.

A friend of never submitted her official score, and the adcom personally emailed a week before the final decision to finally confirm her GMAT, The score had expired 2 weeks after the application submission but the school still accepted the score.

In my case, I submitted my official GMAT score (via MBA.com) before submitting my application and during the entire admissions cycle (actual submission, interview, final decision), the portal never showed my score as verified, it just showed that I had submitted my self-reported score. The school never came back to me asking for an official verification or any other documents regarding my GMAT.

Either way, the school generally trusts you when you feed in a GMAT score on the portal - but I'm sure they will ask you for the official record (if they haven't received one already) once they offer you an interview or are taking a final decision to admit you.

sefienolte wrote:
I submitted my scores to Harvard as one of the 5 you get included in the GMAT test. In the Kellogg application I can see a "Verified" status that they got it, but with Harvard there is no such verification. I also got nice emails from both Kellogg and LBS saying they received the scores but not any of the others. Can anyone speak to this - how do I know that Harvard received my official scores when I write or submit my application? Thanks!

Kudos [?]: 43 [0], given: 139

Current Student
B
Affiliations: MBB Consultant

Kudos [?]: 42 [0], given: 27

Concentration: Operations, Organizational Behavior
GMAT 1: 740 Q50 V40
GPA: 3.8
WE: Consulting (Consulting)
Reviews Badge
Re: Harvard GMAT score submission question [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 19 Jul 2016, 03:36
They won't say anything if it's alright, but they'll definitely reach out to you if something is not how it should be.

Relax.

Kudos [?]: 42 [0], given: 27

Current Student

Kudos [?]: 22 [0], given: 10

Concentration: Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 730 Q47 V44
GPA: 3.6
WE: Business Development (Venture Capital)
Reviews Badge
Harvard GMAT score submission question [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 19 Jul 2016, 07:54
sefienolte wrote:

No need to worry :) HBS doesn't send a GMAT score confirmation email to my knowledge. I believe Harvard uses self-reported scores when reviewing your application. After you've been accepted, you'll see on your pre-matriculation checklist a checklist item to submit your official GMAT score by a certain date (admission is dependent on verifying GMAT score). Since I'd already submitted my GMAT score to HBS when I took the GMAT, I had a check mark on that item already.

EDIT: HBS is also very good about responding to inquiries and reaching out if there's anything missing from your application package. Seriously, they won't hold it against you -- you'll get an email requesting any missing info. Their admissions team is top notch.

Most importantly, BEST OF LUCK!!!!

Kudos [?]: 22 [0], given: 10

Harvard GMAT score submission question   [#permalink] 19 Jul 2016, 07:54