GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 12 Nov 2019, 01:23

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

HEC Paris Class of 2015 Jan Intake - calling all applicants!

  new topic post reply Update application status  
Author Message
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 20 Jan 2013
Posts: 27
Location: United Arab Emirates
GMAT 1: 680 Q46 V38
WE: Engineering (Consulting)
Re: HEC Paris MBA 2014 January Intake - calling all applicants!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 03 May 2013, 08:49
ryancui wrote:
AbsarShah wrote:
zedzu wrote:
I just got an admit! :-D -\m/

Congrats buddy! Are you gonna accept?

Does anyone know if there's an online community somewhere for Jan'14 intake candidates to get together?

Posted from my mobile device

Posted from my mobile device


Any community? on Facebook?


Yeah, I just got in touch with the admissions officer, they gave me this link: https://www.facebook.com/hecmba.paris
Although, there is no specific page for Jan 2014 intake students or even a combined Sep2013/Jan2014 intake page. Would it be worthwhile to create on? Cuz honestly, I don't see a lot of activity here on gmatclub for HEC. Not yet anyway.
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 02 Aug 2012
Posts: 4
Concentration: Finance, Entrepreneurship
Schools: HEC '15 (A)
GMAT Date: 02-25-2013
Re: HEC Paris MBA 2014 January Intake - calling all applicants!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 03 May 2013, 10:20
I got an admit for Jan-14 intake!
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 31 Dec 2012
Posts: 15
Concentration: Technology, Entrepreneurship
GPA: 3.44
WE: Business Development (Aerospace and Defense)
Re: HEC Paris MBA 2014 January Intake - calling all applicants!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 03 May 2013, 10:31
kapilpandit wrote:
I got an admit for Jan-14 intake!


congrats kapil!

it seems the admits have started coming in for the April deadline.
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 02 Aug 2012
Posts: 4
Concentration: Finance, Entrepreneurship
Schools: HEC '15 (A)
GMAT Date: 02-25-2013
Re: HEC Paris MBA 2014 January Intake - calling all applicants!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 03 May 2013, 11:00
zedzu wrote:
kapilpandit wrote:
I got an admit for Jan-14 intake!


congrats kapil!

it seems the admits have started coming in for the April deadline.



Yes....think so....as the decision date for the April deadline was 3rd May
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 20 Jan 2013
Posts: 27
Location: United Arab Emirates
GMAT 1: 680 Q46 V38
WE: Engineering (Consulting)
Re: HEC Paris MBA 2014 January Intake - calling all applicants!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 03 May 2013, 11:55
kapilpandit wrote:
I got an admit for Jan-14 intake!


Congrats buddy!

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 02 Aug 2012
Posts: 4
Concentration: Finance, Entrepreneurship
Schools: HEC '15 (A)
GMAT Date: 02-25-2013
Re: HEC Paris MBA 2014 January Intake - calling all applicants!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 04 May 2013, 22:54
AbsarShah wrote:
kapilpandit wrote:
I got an admit for Jan-14 intake!


Congrats buddy!



Thanks Absar. Is there any group on FB, where Jan-14 intake candidates can connect?
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 20 Jan 2013
Posts: 27
Location: United Arab Emirates
GMAT 1: 680 Q46 V38
WE: Engineering (Consulting)
Re: HEC Paris MBA 2014 January Intake - calling all applicants!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 07 May 2013, 03:05
kapilpandit wrote:
AbsarShah wrote:
kapilpandit wrote:
I got an admit for Jan-14 intake!


Congrats buddy!



Thanks Absar. Is there any group on FB, where Jan-14 intake candidates can connect?


The admissions officer gave me this link: https://www.facebook.com/hecmba.paris
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 02 Aug 2012
Posts: 4
Concentration: Finance, Entrepreneurship
Schools: HEC '15 (A)
GMAT Date: 02-25-2013
Re: HEC Paris MBA 2014 January Intake - calling all applicants!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 19 May 2013, 06:58
Has anyone made the payment to confirm the admission? The bank details as per the document giving the payment instructions is in French and hence not able to comprehend some of the details.
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 20 Jan 2013
Posts: 27
Location: United Arab Emirates
GMAT 1: 680 Q46 V38
WE: Engineering (Consulting)
Re: HEC Paris MBA 2014 January Intake - calling all applicants!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 20 May 2013, 00:53
kapilpandit wrote:
Has anyone made the payment to confirm the admission? The bank details as per the document giving the payment instructions is in French and hence not able to comprehend some of the details.


Hey Kapil. Actually, since they've already given the IBAN code as well, that would make things very easy while transferring the amount, regardless of the other information. You can use http://www.xe.com/idt/ to convert the IBAN into the old fashioned account/bank/branch codes, just to see which is which :) Bank name and address are quite clear on the form, I guess (B.N.P. Paribas) and so is the beneficiary.

My two cents. You can still check with your admissions officer just to be sure :)
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 18 Dec 2012
Posts: 11
Concentration: Strategy, Sustainability
Re: HEC Paris MBA 2014 January Intake - calling all applicants!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 09 Jun 2013, 23:45
Hey Guys,

Congrats to everyone who got an admit.

I'll be applying for the 1st July deadline. Any information on the % of seats filled by this time for the Jan 14 intake?

Appreciate the advice.
Manager
Manager
avatar
Joined: 22 Jun 2011
Posts: 193
Location: France
Concentration: Strategy, Finance
Schools: HEC Paris - Class of 2015
GMAT 1: 700 Q47 V39
GPA: 3.35
WE: Information Technology (Mutual Funds and Brokerage)
Reviews Badge
Re: HEC Paris MBA 2014 January Intake - calling all applicants!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 15 Jun 2013, 07:41
prabudhgoel wrote:
Hey Guys,

Congrats to everyone who got an admit.

I'll be applying for the 1st July deadline. Any information on the % of seats filled by this time for the Jan 14 intake?

Appreciate the advice.


My best guess is that positions are filled proportionally to the admission rounds. Good luck with you application.
Manager
Manager
avatar
Joined: 22 Jun 2011
Posts: 193
Location: France
Concentration: Strategy, Finance
Schools: HEC Paris - Class of 2015
GMAT 1: 700 Q47 V39
GPA: 3.35
WE: Information Technology (Mutual Funds and Brokerage)
Reviews Badge
Re: HEC Paris MBA 2014 January Intake - calling all applicants!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 15 Jun 2013, 07:45
AbsarShah wrote:
ryancui wrote:
AbsarShah wrote:
Congrats buddy! Are you gonna accept?

Does anyone know if there's an online community somewhere for Jan'14 intake candidates to get together?

Posted from my mobile device

Posted from my mobile device


Any community? on Facebook?


Yeah, I just got in touch with the admissions officer, they gave me this link: https://www.facebook.com/hecmba.paris
Although, there is no specific page for Jan 2014 intake students or even a combined Sep2013/Jan2014 intake page. Would it be worthwhile to create on? Cuz honestly, I don't see a lot of activity here on gmatclub for HEC. Not yet anyway.


Hey guys. They have been a bit slow in getting the Sept 2013 group sorted but this was taken care of a couple months ago and we have a quite active facebook group for the S13 intake now. Let me know if the facebook group has been taken care of for the J14 intake and if not I will make an effort to get things moving for you guys.
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 31 Dec 2012
Posts: 15
Concentration: Technology, Entrepreneurship
GPA: 3.44
WE: Business Development (Aerospace and Defense)
Re: HEC Paris MBA 2014 January Intake - calling all applicants!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 15 Jun 2013, 07:49
gr8tWo wrote:

Hey guys. They have been a bit slow in getting the Sept 2013 group sorted but this was taken care of a couple months ago and we have a quite active facebook group for the S13 intake now. Let me know if the facebook group has been taken care of for the J14 intake and if not I will make an effort to get things moving for you guys.


Hey..

No, there is no group that was officially created.
But few (read 5) of us have connected online and have made a small internal group on FB. (https://www.facebook.com/groups/591580157539267/)
Manager
Manager
avatar
Joined: 22 Jun 2011
Posts: 193
Location: France
Concentration: Strategy, Finance
Schools: HEC Paris - Class of 2015
GMAT 1: 700 Q47 V39
GPA: 3.35
WE: Information Technology (Mutual Funds and Brokerage)
Reviews Badge
Re: HEC Paris MBA 2014 January Intake - calling all applicants!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 15 Jun 2013, 08:06
zedzu wrote:
gr8tWo wrote:

Hey guys. They have been a bit slow in getting the Sept 2013 group sorted but this was taken care of a couple months ago and we have a quite active facebook group for the S13 intake now. Let me know if the facebook group has been taken care of for the J14 intake and if not I will make an effort to get things moving for you guys.


Hey..

No, there is no group that was officially created.
But few (read 5) of us have connected online and have made a small internal group on FB. (https://www.facebook.com/groups/591580157539267/)


OK I have sent some messages and I hope this will be taken care of very soon.
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 16 Apr 2013
Posts: 6
Schools: INSEAD Jan '15
Re: HEC Paris MBA 2014 January Intake - calling all applicants!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 24 Jun 2013, 16:55
Need some urgent help.
In the online application form, i have entered my current employment details in the "Professional Experience" section.

However, am unable to locate any section to enter my "previous" employer details.

Your urgent help is much appreciated !!

Regards,
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 10 Nov 2012
Posts: 17
Re: HEC Paris MBA 2014 January Intake - calling all applicants!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 24 Jun 2013, 20:39
1
got2domba wrote:
Need some urgent help.
In the online application form, i have entered my current employment details in the "Professional Experience" section.

However, am unable to locate any section to enter my "previous" employer details.

Your urgent help is much appreciated !!

Regards,


I don't think they want you to write about it. However, you get the opportunity to write about it in your essays. They also ask for a copy of your resume with the application.
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 16 Apr 2013
Posts: 6
Schools: INSEAD Jan '15
Re: HEC Paris MBA 2014 January Intake - calling all applicants!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 24 Jun 2013, 21:39
AUX778 wrote:
got2domba wrote:
Need some urgent help.
In the online application form, i have entered my current employment details in the "Professional Experience" section.

However, am unable to locate any section to enter my "previous" employer details.

Your urgent help is much appreciated !!

Regards,


I don't think they want you to write about it. However, you get the opportunity to write about it in your essays. They also ask for a copy of your resume with the application.


Thanks Aux778 for you reply. However, when i sent an e-mail to the admissions team, they reverted that i would be able to enter my prev employment details in one of the sections"; didnt specify which one though.

I initially shared the same thought as yours, but this reply has left me confused.

Can anyone else who has submitted his/her app advise pls ?
Appreciate your help.
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 10 Nov 2012
Posts: 17
Re: HEC Paris MBA 2014 January Intake - calling all applicants!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 24 Jun 2013, 22:48
got2domba wrote:
AUX778 wrote:
got2domba wrote:
Need some urgent help.
In the online application form, i have entered my current employment details in the "Professional Experience" section.

However, am unable to locate any section to enter my "previous" employer details.

Your urgent help is much appreciated !!

Regards,


I don't think they want you to write about it. However, you get the opportunity to write about it in your essays. They also ask for a copy of your resume with the application.


Thanks Aux778 for you reply. However, when i sent an e-mail to the admissions team, they reverted that i would be able to enter my prev employment details in one of the sections"; didnt specify which one though.

I initially shared the same thought as yours, but this reply has left me confused.

Can anyone else who has submitted his/her app advise pls ?
Appreciate your help.



Well that's bad news for me then I guess. I didn't know this and I've already submitted my application. Just for curiosity sake, could you let me know as well when you find out about this. Thanks
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 06 Jun 2012
Posts: 14
Schools: HEC '15 (A)
GMAT 1: 690 Q50 V37
Re: HEC Paris MBA 2014 January Intake - calling all applicants!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 24 Jun 2013, 23:59
1
got2domba wrote:
Need some urgent help.
In the online application form, i have entered my current employment details in the "Professional Experience" section.

However, am unable to locate any section to enter my "previous" employer details.

Your urgent help is much appreciated !!

Regards,


Hi

There is no "previous employers" section.
I think what the admission team meant was "you can write about your previous employer in the provided application link".
Basically, you have three places to put the information:
1, your CV/resume - mandatory
2,given topic essays: there are several essays you can talk about your previous experiences
3, last open essay: you can write almost what you want here.:)

Hope it helps.

Good luck.

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 16 Apr 2013
Posts: 6
Schools: INSEAD Jan '15
Re: HEC Paris MBA 2014 January Intake - calling all applicants!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 25 Jun 2013, 02:04
MichelleMBA201309 wrote:
got2domba wrote:
Need some urgent help.
In the online application form, i have entered my current employment details in the "Professional Experience" section.

However, am unable to locate any section to enter my "previous" employer details.

Your urgent help is much appreciated !!

Regards,


Hi

There is no "previous employers" section.
I think what the admission team meant was "you can write about your previous employer in the provided application link".
Basically, you have three places to put the information:
1, your CV/resume - mandatory
2,given topic essays: there are several essays you can talk about your previous experiences
3, last open essay: you can write almost what you want here.:)

Hope it helps.

Good luck.

Posted from my mobile device


Thanks a lot MichelleMBA201309 and Aux 778 !!
Guess that's how it is supposed to be; i will mention about the same in the optional essay.
GMAT Club Bot
Re: HEC Paris MBA 2014 January Intake - calling all applicants!   [#permalink] 25 Jun 2013, 02:04

Go to page   Previous    1   2   3   4   5   6    Next  [ 103 posts ] 

Display posts from previous: Sort by

HEC Paris Class of 2015 Jan Intake - calling all applicants!

  new topic post reply Update application status  

Moderator: sjas31






cron

Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group | Emoji artwork provided by EmojiOne