Last visit was: 11 May 2024, 12:27 It is currently 11 May 2024, 12:27

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
GMAT 1: 620 Q42 V34
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Given Kudos: 19
Concentration: Operations, Strategy
WE:Engineering (Manufacturing)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [2]
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Re: Help gmat study plan [#permalink]
rbsusa wrote:
Hi,

Is this your 1st GMAT Mock? since when you are studying GMAT?

This was actually my GMAT Score, my mocks have been around the same score.
Magoosh GMAT Instructor
Own Kudos [?]: 399 [0]
Given Kudos: 20
Send PM
Expert Reply
DM234 wrote:
Hy,

Yesterday I took my gmat and i got a 620 (Q42 V34), on my mocks i was getting around that score but with quant usually a lot higher and verbal around 26.
I was surprise with verbal 34, and i'm aware that it will be difficult to have a V34! Long story short, i want to retake the gmat whitin a month, and I was thinking, regarding the Quant, to do the manhattan advanced quant exercises, to do gmat club exercises regarding my weaknesses, and to do the gmatclub test. About verbal I was thinking about repeating all SC CR a RC on e-gmat scholarium and OG, and dissect every single questions and review every one that I failed. I'm also thinking about doing a cat every once a week.
Is this a good plan? or is it a waste to redo every OG exercises??

Thank you!

Hi DM234!

Happy to help :-)

I think your plan sounds fine, and it is definitely not a waste to redo the OG exercises. I want to emphasize that the quality of your studies is much more important than the quantity. Learning from mistakes is key. If it were possible to never make the same mistake twice, you would become an absolute master of the test in a very, very short time. So be sure that you go through the explanation, study very carefully the related concepts, research methods or material you're not comfortable with but are mentioned in the solution, and really analyze the questions. It sounds like you're already planning on doing this, which is great! :-)

Make it your goal to understand inside-out every single practice question you do, so that if you see that same question in the future, you know that you will nail it. In fact, if you review a question one day, it's good to go back to it four to five days later to see if you still understand it. Always be checking how much you have retained or how much you can actually remember from what you think you understand. Until you can recall something at any time, without any hints or warm-up, immediately and with complete clarity--until you can recall it like that--you don't really understand it as deeply as you need to. The goal in learning is NOT efficiency but rather thoroughness.

I'd also recommend reading through Mike's list of the habits of excellence, and try to incorporate those as much as possible in your practice!

This article also might be helpful to you:

I hope that helps! :-)
-Carolyn
GMAT Club Bot