It is currently 23 Jan 2018, 18:05

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Help needed to take V32-34 to V40

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
B
Help needed to take V32-34 to V40 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 27 Dec 2017, 02:16
Hi everyone,

I have been preparing with some heavy work load on the side. I took my first GMAT mock test without going for any classes in October. Then I joined

GMAT Prep Test 1: 560 (Q39, V28) - 20th October
GMAT Prep Test 2: 600 (Q44, V28) - 4th Nov
GMAT Prep Test 3: 660 (Q47, V34) - 1st Dec
GMAT Prep Test 4: 680 (Q49, V32) - 26th Dec

I have scheduled my GMAT exam on 10th Jan. I'm optimistically aiming for 720+ score. I have to be honest, I have never studied RC in my whole preparations except for going for a 3 hour class in RC. I studied the basics of SC from the class, revised it and then did around 20-25 questions from the OG. I find it difficult to study verbal since English has always been a second language for me. I did work on CR (studied basics in class, revised concepts and attempted 50+ questions from OG18) before the third test. So I'd give that as the reason why I saw the jump. I couldn't study much from December first week till 20th due to intense work load (was working even during weekends). I've been doing OG10 for math and it has really helped me. Do these score reflect my real GMAT score? Will it be lower or higher?

Now I have 14 days left for my test and I'd request you to guide me to take my Verbal score to 38-40. I don't know if it's realistically possible since I haven't been preparing verbal a lot. Please guide me.
Intern
Intern
B
Re: Help needed to take V32-34 to V40 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 27 Dec 2017, 02:38
Please look into this post and guide me.
Study Buddy Forum Moderator
P
WE: Engineering (Other)
Premium Member CAT Tests
Re: Help needed to take V32-34 to V40 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 27 Dec 2017, 03:08
nsmithran13

Quote:
Do these score reflect my real GMAT score? Will it be lower or higher?

I am afraid as far as you maintained same conditions (took the mocks at same time as test center,
did not pause for extra breaks and did not alter selection order) the GMAC claims
only +/- 20 points variation between actual exam and mocks.

Quote:
Now I have 14 days left for my test and I'd request you to guide me to take my Verbal score to 38-40. I don't know if it's realistically possible since I haven't been preparing verbal a lot. Please guide me.

It seems you are lacking in concepts and adequate practice. You need to be honest with yourself to know:
Are you able to strike out incorrect answer options in verbal with confidence?
If not , it shall be a wise decision to postpone your actual date.
Improving in RC is unfortunately a time consuming process and it can be mastered only with practice like Quant.
I would advice you to spend a day or two for revising SC / CR concepts and complete all OG Qs
along with question pack to know virtually where you stand. Stick to 2-3 OG RC passages for adequate practice.

Hope this helps!

Press kudos if you liked this post

Re: Help needed to take V32-34 to V40   [#permalink] 27 Dec 2017, 03:08

Help needed to take V32-34 to V40

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap