It is currently 17 Dec 2017, 08:03

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

How should I go about GMAT and B-School applications

new topic post reply Update application status  
Intern
Intern
B

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 6

How should I go about GMAT and B-School applications [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 30 Nov 2017, 00:28
Hello All,

I have joined this forum lately and am loving it.
About me:
I am 27 and represent the biggest pool of IT Engineers. My total experience is 4.4.
I have started preparing for GMAT this month and planning to take my first exam in next year February. And I have started my profile building activities ( just started).
My aim is to get into an European or an Asian school. I don't want to spend a lot of money for my education. I am thinking about spending around 30L INR ( including all expenditure). So that means if I want a top school to get into, I need a good scholarship. If I apply after Feb'17, I will be applying in the 3rd round where the chance of getting a scholarship is very poor; (if I am not wrong). Or is my budget is realistic?

So, I wanted an expert's advice on how should I go about it. Thanks in advance.
Please let me know if any other information is required.

Regards,
Rakesh

Sent from my Redmi Note 4 using GMAT Club Forum mobile app

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 6

Expert Post
1 KUDOS received
Admissionado
G

Kudos [?]: 1002 [1], given: 49

Schools: Brown University, Harvard Business School
Re: How should I go about GMAT and B-School applications [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 30 Nov 2017, 10:12
This post received
KUDOS
Expert's post
rakeshlochansarma wrote:
Hello All,

About me:
I am 27 and represent the biggest pool of IT Engineers. My total experience is 4.4.
I have started preparing for GMAT this month and planning to take my first exam in next year February. And I have started my profile building activities ( just started).
My aim is to get into an European or an Asian school. I don't want to spend a lot of money for my education. I am thinking about spending around 30L INR ( including all expenditure). So that means if I want a top school to get into, I need a good scholarship. If I apply after Feb'17, I will be applying in the 3rd round where the chance of getting a scholarship is very poor; (if I am not wrong). Or is my budget is realistic?

Regards,
Rakesh

\\

Rakesh,

So I think before you rush ahead and apply you should take it slow and do your due diligence. A few things:
1. Round 3 is not possible for your profile. There are only a very few spaces left, and being an Indian/Tech/Male you will be at a severe disadvantage.
2. For the money, you cannot count on scholarships. Decide for yourself what is a reasonable amount to spend on B-school, but if you bank on getting a scholarship you might be disappointed.
3. Spend 3-6 months preparing for your GMAT. It is the KEY
4. since you won't apply till next year and since applications are only released in July this gives you a good 8 months to do your research, attend events and network. I would suggest getting started already

I hope these notes help!
And if you have any other thoughts do not hesitate.

Best,

Jon Frank
Founder, Admissionado

Admissionado | Packages | Success Stories | Team

If you like the post, give it a KUDOS!

Kudos [?]: 1002 [1], given: 49

Expert Post
1 KUDOS received
MBA Admissions Consultant
S

Kudos [?]: 340 [1], given: 2

Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 01 Dec 2017, 01:04
This post received
KUDOS
Expert's post
rakeshlochansarma wrote:
Hello All,

About me:

Regards,
Rakesh

Hi Rakesh,
I suggest you take a look here: https://aringo.com/ideal-timeline-for-mba-application/, just to put things in order and get a clue on when you should perform each step of the admission process.

If budget is a main consideration for you, I also suggest you use our online cost calculator to help you plan your expenses: https://aringo.com/mba-cost-calculator/

Good luck and we are here for you in case you require any assistance!

https://ARINGO.com/ – MBA Admissions Consulting

Specializing in candidates with GMATs under 720

Try our free Admissions Chances Calculator - https://aringo.com/mba-admission-chances-calculator/

All statistics verified by Ernst & Young

Kudos [?]: 340 [1], given: 2

1 KUDOS received
Manager
Manager
B

Kudos [?]: 13 [1], given: 13

WE: Engineering (Transportation)
CAT Tests

Show Tags

New post 01 Dec 2017, 21:24
This post received
KUDOS
rakeshlochansarma wrote:
Hello All,

About me:

Regards,
Rakesh

Hey,

I am in more or less the same scenario as you. I am deferring my applications to next year. I am taking the GMAT in February as well. Most of top EU schools have rolling admission and some have their courses starting from January. Check this link. If your expectations meets one of these schools, you can think of applying to these as well.

Kudos [?]: 13 [1], given: 13

Expert Post
1 KUDOS received
Veritas Prep Admissions Consultant
G

Kudos [?]: 257 [1], given: 0

Show Tags

New post 04 Dec 2017, 19:15
This post received
KUDOS
Expert's post
Don't waste your time applying in R3, it will be too tough and you will end up rushing too much to get in a strong application since it seem you have not taken the GMAT yet? The GMAT will be really important for you coming from your competitive pool so take your time and apply next year and use all of that time to start constructing a profile that positions you in the best light for admissions. It is really hard to rely on scholarships as the basis for your decisions when applying from your background. We all want scholarships but just try and reasonable with your expectations here. Good luck!

Veritas Prep | Veritas Prep Admissions Consultant

Find the expert who’s right for you. Meet our team!
Veritas Prep Reviews

Kudos [?]: 257 [1], given: 0

Re: How should I go about GMAT and B-School applications   [#permalink] 04 Dec 2017, 19:15

How should I go about GMAT and B-School applications

new topic post reply Update application status  

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap