GMAT Changed on April 16th - Read about the latest changes here

It is currently 25 Apr 2018, 03:42

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

How to improve my profile

new topic post reply Update application status  
Intern
Intern
How to improve my profile  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 01 Dec 2017, 03:08
Hello everyone ,My name is Sagar and I’m an Indian, currently working as an Assistant Manager in one of the leading private sector banks in India. I just have 2 months of work experience and this is my first job. My story is a bit different since i have done my graduation in mechanical engineering and cracked bank exam soon after my graduation. I want to pursue MBA after 3 years from one of the top universities in USA. So my question now is what are the things that I should do in order to improve my overall profile and please guide through the procedures and other relevant stuff. Thanks in advance .

Sent from my iPhone using GMAT Club Forum mobile app
Expert Post
Admission Consultant
G
Re: How to improve my profile [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 04 Dec 2017, 23:03
12sagarm wrote:
Hello everyone ,My name is Sagar and I’m an Indian, currently working as an Assistant Manager in one of the leading private sector banks in India. I just have 2 months of work experience and this is my first job. My story is a bit different since i have done my graduation in mechanical engineering and cracked bank exam soon after my graduation. I want to pursue MBA after 3 years from one of the top universities in USA. So my question now is what are the things that I should do in order to improve my overall profile and please guide through the procedures and other relevant stuff. Thanks in advance .

Sent from my iPhone using GMAT Club Forum mobile app

1. Gain 3-4 years work experience
2. Work hard and do excellent work. Be proactive, take initiatives and make an impact. It's these things that will get you noticed, lead to promotions and hence your career growth, which is a parameter for b-school admissions.
3. Get involved in extra-curricular activities. what counts most is some volunteering work, where you are not just doing something for your own entertainment, but are using your time meaningfully to help others.
4. Take the GMAT well in advance so that you have the time to retake if you have to.

Namita Garg,
http://www.mbadecoder.com
+91 9901566772, +91(80) 40931397

Contact us at: contact@mbadecoder.com

Ask for a FREE profile evaluation click here

Expert Post
Veritas Prep Admissions Consultant
G
Re: How to improve my profile [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 05 Dec 2017, 18:14
Thanks for sharing your profile, few things to focus on:
1)Work Experience
-Get some solid work experience with a focus on driving impact/results and developing your interpersonal skills.Your work experience is really important in the admissions process so this should be a key area of focus for you

2)Extra-Curriculars
-Get involved in things outside of work that you have some passion for. In particular focus on gaining leadership skills here and gaining some depth/breadth in a few different areas

3)GMAT
-You're applying from a really competitive pool so you will need to do your best to achieve a high score, once you sort out some of your target scores, aim to exceed the avg scores
4)Self-Reflection
-spend some time thinking through what you're looking to gain out of your MBA experience and how you need to develop
5)Research
-Do your school research so you are not just basing your school list off of the rankings

Veritas Prep | Veritas Prep Admissions Consultant

Find the expert who’s right for you. Meet our team!
Veritas Prep Reviews

Re: How to improve my profile   [#permalink] 05 Dec 2017, 18:14

How to improve my profile

new topic post reply Update application status  

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap