Last visit was: 24 Apr 2024, 10:35 It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 10:35

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 11 [11]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 263 [0]
Given Kudos: 811
GMAT 1: 590 Q44 V27
GMAT 2: 600 Q46 V27
GMAT 3: 690 Q47 V37
GPA: 3.5
Send PM
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Affiliations: EMPOWERgmat
Own Kudos [?]: 11665 [0]
Given Kudos: 450
GMAT 1: 800 Q51 V49
GRE 1: Q170 V170
Send PM
Founder
Founder
Own Kudos [?]: 72869 [1]
Given Kudos: 18857
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3
Send PM
I got a 670…. And I’m not suicidal [#permalink]
Kudos
Expert Reply
Thank you so much for sharing! This is awesome! I think many users on GMAT Club are definitely overly focused on the score. I can’t really blame them since the number of them come from very competitive demographics that requires a very high score to stand out. I think there are several ways to actually stand out and if you look at the range of scores at the top 20 business schools, there are some low 600’s scores in the top 10.

Definitely a workable score!!!
Are you applying in round one?

What did you use to prep? I think there’s something to be said about putting an honest effort and knowing that you did your best and you have no regrets, whatever the score you got. Even if it’s a 500, if you put in on the Stafford and you’ve done everything takes, you can be proud and stand tall 👍

Posted from my mobile device
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 384 [0]
Given Kudos: 83
Concentration: Finance, General Management
GMAT 1: 700 Q49 V35 (Online)
GPA: 3.42
Send PM
Re: I got a 670…. And I’m not suicidal [#permalink]
Congratulations!! and all the best for your MBA applications..
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 345 [0]
Given Kudos: 18
GPA: 3.86
Send PM
I really liked your philosophy regarding GMAT score. Many of us forgets that GMAT is a fraction of one's application package. Congrats for achieving a solid score on the GMAT!
Target Test Prep Representative
Affiliations: Target Test Prep
Own Kudos [?]: 22046 [0]
Given Kudos: 283
Send PM
Expert Reply
Congrats on being done with your GMAT! 670 is a very solid score. Good luck with things moving forward.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 83 [0]
Given Kudos: 28
Send PM
Awesome job! Finally a post that people like myself can relate to. I think many people turn this forum into a 700 club, and I don't think that was intended purpose. At one time I even stop requesting it because I just couldn't relate. Don't get me wrong, I am super happy for everyone's accomplishments, but the struggle is real and everyone situation is different. But thanks again for your post.

Posted from my mobile device
GMAT Tutor
Own Kudos [?]: 17 [0]
Given Kudos: 14
Send PM
Expert Reply
This should be the attitude of every GMAT Test Taker. Not be overly attached to the Score. Work hard and get the best possible score and move on. GMAT is only one component of your B-School application and certainly, GMAT score alone cannot determine your complete potential to succeed in B-School.

I have known so many with High GMAT scores who got rejected from Top B-Schools. On the other hand applicants with relatively lower GMAT scores got into some of the IVY Leagues.

Unfortunately, many B-School applicants from India may not have too many differentiating factors either in terms of the job profiles or outside professional activities and hence GMAT score tends to become a major differentiating factor. I hope this changes soon.

All the Best for your B-School Applications.

Stay Blessed! Stay Happy.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Congrats! I think when you visit GMAT forums people are so focused on getting the highest score possible that it distorts our image of what a good score actually is. Also, most people on these forums seem so focused on attending Ivy league schools. I got a 620 and with my background and target schools that should be good enough. I do plan to retest because a higher score will help with scholarships, but I'm just aiming for 650.
GMAT Club Bot
Moderator:
Founder
37301 posts