GMAT Question of the Day: Daily via email | Daily via Instagram New to GMAT Club? Watch this Video

It is currently 19 Feb 2020, 20:53

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

I improved my score with Empower GMAT

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
TAGS:

Hide Tags

Find Similar Topics 
Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: 650 Q42 V38
GMAT 2: 710 Q47 V40
GPA: 3.82
Reviews Badge
I improved my score with Empower GMAT  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 19 Jan 2020, 16:59
This program works! I first took the GMAT a few months ago after using the Manhattan GMAT test prep app. I seemed to be scoring well on the practice questions, so I thought the test would be a breeze. I was wrong! I quickly found I had a pacing problem. Additionally, I had not learned the tips and tricks to triage questions. As an engineer, I wanted to solve every quant problem. This (as many of you probably know) is definitely not the smartest strategy when taking the test.

I scored a 650 on my first attempt and felt I could do much better with a focused study plan. After shopping around for some test prep services, I was shocked to see how much money some other companies wanted for a study plan. Truth be told, I settled on Empower mainly because I found it to be the most fairly priced test prep course available. Additionally, they offer a score boost guarantee, so there was no risk in giving it a try.

I very quickly realized that the Empower study program was far superior to what I experienced with Manhattan. There are multiple study plans available depending on your goals. The material actually breaks down the strategies required to beat the test. They show you how to answer questions in the most efficient way possible, which really helped fix my pacing problem. They incorporate Official Guide questions into the study plan and show you how to solve them. Empower also introduces multiple triage tactics and explain why it’s okay to “dump” the really tough questions on the test (and still get a high score).

By the time I took the GMAT again, I felt incredibly prepared. I ended up boosting my score by 60 points over the course of about 6 weeks of studying. In my opinion, there is no better value than Empower’s course. If you follow the plan and heed their advice on test taking strategies, you WILL do well on the GMAT!.
General GMAT Forum Moderator
V
Concentration: General Management, Finance
GMAT 1: 720 Q50 V37
Reviews Badge
Re: I improved my score with Empower GMAT  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 19 Jan 2020, 23:33
FLGMAT11 - Congratulations on getting a 710 on the GMAT. I have been a former student of EMPOWERgmat and therefore perfectly echo your thoughts. Please use our verify tool to verify both your test scores. All the best with the applications.

New to GMAT Club? Start with the study plan!
Should I retake GMAT? Retaking GMAT Strategies!

What Are My Chances - Automated Profile Evaluation Tool is Here!
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
P

Show Tags

New post 20 Jan 2020, 06:59
Hello, FLGMAT11. I echo the thoughts of DisciplinedPrep: congratulations! Crossing the 700 threshold is quite an achievement. If you have not already, you might consider submitting a review directly through the site at this link. It is always good for the community to get honest feedback from other members about which products did or did not work for them. (Apropos of your background, I sometimes teach my students NOT to approach GMAT™ Quant problems as an engineer would, but to let go of a rigid, must-solve-the-question approach and simply use the tools available to answer each question. The joke is sort of on me. One of my first serious potential career considerations when I was deciding on schools was engineering.)

All the best,
Andrew
Director
Director
V
Concentration: Strategy, International Business
GPA: 3.67
WE: Pharmaceuticals (Health Care)
GMAT ToolKit User

Show Tags

New post 20 Jan 2020, 07:40
Hi FLGMAT11
Congratulations for this stellar score. Thanks for sharing your experience.
I can tell that what you achieved is from both courses, Manhattan and EMPOWERgmat.
Thanks for EMPOWERgmat which guided you to the finishing step.
I just want to comment that no choice fits all and nothing is complete. It is undeniable that Manhattan is more experienced, more developed and more sophisticated, but EMPOWERgmat has its own uniqueness as well.
Anyway, second attempts usually have better score chances, and you must put this into consideration.

What really matters is that you didn't give up and took whatever routes possible to achieve your dream.
Intern
Intern
G
GPA: 3.9

Show Tags

New post 20 Jan 2020, 09:36
Congrats for your nice score. How about their CR explanation? Did Rich explain any quant question in their on-demand course?
EMPOWERgmat Instructor
V
Affiliations: EMPOWERgmat
GMAT 1: 800 Q51 V49
GRE 1: Q170 V170

Show Tags

New post 20 Jan 2020, 12:22
Hi FLGMAT11,

That's OUTSTANDING news! This 710 is a fantastic improvement over your prior 650 - and with a 710/Q47, you can comfortably apply to any Business Schools that interest you - so you should not hold back when it comes to your applications!

I can't recall whether we've discussed your application plans before or not. Are you planning to apply to Business School sometime soon or are you looking to apply later (for example, Round 1 later on this year)?

Congratulations on all of your success so far!

Another GMAT Assassin has been made!
Rich

The Course Used By GMAT Club Moderators To Earn 750+

souvik101990 Score: 760 Q50 V42 ★★★★★
ENGRTOMBA2018 Score: 750 Q49 V44 ★★★★★
VP
VP
V

Show Tags

New post 20 Jan 2020, 21:16
Congratulations on getting a solid score and wishing you all the very best for your admissions.

"Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me"
GMAT Club Bot
Re: I improved my score with Empower GMAT   [#permalink] 20 Jan 2020, 21:16

I improved my score with Empower GMAT

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics