It is currently 14 Dec 2017, 13:12

Decision(s) Day!:

CHAT Rooms | Wharton R1 | Stanford R1 | Tuck R1 | Ross R1 | Haas R1 | UCLA R1


Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

I took my gmat test yesterday and......

  new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Author Message
TAGS:

Hide Tags

Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 19 Jul 2017
Posts: 4

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 8

CAT Tests
I took my gmat test yesterday and...... [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 15 Nov 2017, 19:51
I got only 360 in GMAT after preparing for 3 months spending every day on GMAT only.I did not even join any college after completing graduation JULY 2017 I decided to take GMAT and apply to 2018 masters in management which make a one year gap for my masters where all my family members are against this idea initially .I convinced everyone and I was confident that I can do it and ended up with this score which so depressing. Most of the deadlines are on Jan. I am thinking of a retake but deadlines are on Jan, Don't know what to do, Can I do it in one month which I could not do it in 3 months?? Please give your suggestions it means a lot to me at this time.

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 8

1 KUDOS received
Manager
Manager
avatar
S
Joined: 29 May 2017
Posts: 109

Kudos [?]: 50 [1], given: 31

Location: India
GMAT 1: 760 Q50 V42
Premium Member CAT Tests
Re: I took my gmat test yesterday and...... [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 15 Nov 2017, 20:17
1
This post received
KUDOS
vijaya jangala wrote:
I got only 360 in GMAT after preparing for 3 months spending every day on GMAT only.I did not even join any college after completing graduation JULY 2017 I decided to take GMAT and apply to 2018 masters in management which make a one year gap for my masters where all my family members are against this idea initially .I convinced everyone and I was confident that I can do it and ended up with this score which so depressing. Most of the deadlines are on Jan. I am thinking of a retake but deadlines are on Jan, Don't know what to do, Can I do it in one month which I could not do it in 3 months?? Please give your suggestions it means a lot to me at this time.


Hey Vijaya, It is tough that you got this score, but don't worry much and try to evaluate what went wrong.
Give us more info,
what were your mock scores(verbal quant breakup) (and in verbal SC, CR, RC breakup)?
what was the breakup of your GMAT score?
what score were you expecting to get?
how did you prepare till now?
what resources did you use till now?
what is your target score?
_________________

A kudo a day keeps the doctor away.

Kudos [?]: 50 [1], given: 31

Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 19 Jul 2017
Posts: 4

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 8

CAT Tests
I took my gmat test yesterday and...... [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 15 Nov 2017, 22:43
Hey DII thank you so much for the reply

my mock test scores are:
veritas prep1: q36 v20
veritas prep2: q39 v22
math revolution q43
MGMAT v22


% correct # correct # incorrect Pace per question
Overall 46% 19 22 01m 50s
Critical Reasoning 43% 6 8 01m 51s
Reading Comprehensio 38% 5 8 02m 25s
Sentence Correction 57% 8 6 01m 16s

GMAT SCORE
Q27 V17 I don't remember exact verbal score cause I didn't take the score report

what score were you expecting to get?
I was expecting 600 during the exam I felt like I have done quant well and bad in verbal

how did you prepare till now?
I spent most of the time on quant

what resources did you use till now?
FOR QUANT- full all in one math revolution course and their questions and
OG 2017
VERBAL- OG 2018 verbal review and half of other OG 2018, SC:- EGMAT CR:- MGMAT BOOK

what is your target score?
My target score is 650

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 8

1 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern
User avatar
B
Joined: 07 May 2017
Posts: 36

Kudos [?]: 9 [1], given: 128

Location: Indonesia
GPA: 3.33
Re: I took my gmat test yesterday and...... [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 15 Nov 2017, 23:50
1
This post received
KUDOS
Hi Vijaya jangala
I'm sorry to hear about your score. It's likely that you need improvement in both Quant and verbal. If I may emphasize, verbal need more attention. I agree with DIII about taking online course prep. Beside fundamentals, you will also need time management. This is also important in gmat. Last but not least, study hard is important, but smart study is something more. Cheers and good luck :)

Sent from my Redmi Note 3 using GMAT Club Forum mobile app
_________________

Confidence , Commitment, and Consistence

Kudos [?]: 9 [1], given: 128

Expert Post
EMPOWERgmat Instructor
User avatar
P
Status: GMAT Assassin/Co-Founder
Affiliations: EMPOWERgmat
Joined: 19 Dec 2014
Posts: 10391

Kudos [?]: 3690 [0], given: 173

Location: United States (CA)
GMAT 1: 800 Q51 V49
GRE 1: 340 Q170 V170
Re: I took my gmat test yesterday and...... [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 16 Nov 2017, 13:06
Hi vijaya jangala,

I'm sorry to hear that Test Day didn't go as well as hoped. Unfortunately, raising a 360 to a 650+ will require some significant work - and you'll have to make big improvements to how you handle BOTH the Quant and Verbal sections. All of that training will likely require at least another 3 months of consistent, guided study, so the goal to accomplish all of this in just 1 month is likely too difficult to be considered realistic. Thankfully, the GMAT is a consistent, predictable Exam, so you CAN train to score at a higher level.

1) What Schools are you planning to apply to?
2) What is the next application deadline AFTER the January deadlines for each of these Schools?
3) Going forward, how many hours do you think you can consistently study each week?

GMAT assassins aren't born, they're made,
Rich
_________________

760+: Learn What GMAT Assassins Do to Score at the Highest Levels
Contact Rich at: Rich.C@empowergmat.com

Rich Cohen

Co-Founder & GMAT Assassin

Special Offer: Save $75 + GMAT Club Tests Free
  Official GMAT Exam Packs + 70 Pt. Improvement Guarantee
www.empowergmat.com/

***********************Select EMPOWERgmat Courses now include ALL 6 Official GMAC CATs!***********************

Kudos [?]: 3690 [0], given: 173

Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 19 Jul 2017
Posts: 4

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 8

CAT Tests
Re: I took my gmat test yesterday and...... [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 17 Nov 2017, 20:57
EMPOWERgmatRichC wrote:
Hi vijaya jangala,

I'm sorry to hear that Test Day didn't go as well as hoped. Unfortunately, raising a 360 to a 650+ will require some significant work - and you'll have to make big improvements to how you handle BOTH the Quant and Verbal sections. All of that training will likely require at least another 3 months of consistent, guided study, so the goal to accomplish all of this in just 1 month is likely too difficult to be considered realistic. Thankfully, the GMAT is a consistent, predictable Exam, so you CAN train to score at a higher level.

1) What Schools are you planning to apply to?
2) What is the next application deadline AFTER the January deadlines for each of these Schools?
3) Going forward, how many hours do you think you can consistently study each week?

GMAT assassins aren't born, they're made,
Rich


Is 600 possible??
I am applying for MIM CANADA and USA schools
Mostly am eligible for Jan deadlines
i can spend the entire day on GMAT I have no other work except GMAT

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 8

Expert Post
EMPOWERgmat Instructor
User avatar
P
Status: GMAT Assassin/Co-Founder
Affiliations: EMPOWERgmat
Joined: 19 Dec 2014
Posts: 10391

Kudos [?]: 3690 [0], given: 173

Location: United States (CA)
GMAT 1: 800 Q51 V49
GRE 1: 340 Q170 V170
Re: I took my gmat test yesterday and...... [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 18 Nov 2017, 13:04
Hi vijaya jangala,

Raising a 360 to a 600+ would require an improvement of 240+ points - and again, that type of improvement would likely take at least another 3 months of consistent, guided study. Nobody here knows you well enough to know what you're truly capable of, but you're not going to find too many stories from Test Takers who improved THAT much in just one month - and that's because that type of improvement in such a short period of time is exceptionally rare. The type of 'competitive score' that you will likely need to apply to School is almost certainly going to require more study time than you currently have, which is why I asked about the next Round of application deadlines AFTER January.

GMAT assassins aren't born, they're made,
Rich
_________________

760+: Learn What GMAT Assassins Do to Score at the Highest Levels
Contact Rich at: Rich.C@empowergmat.com

Rich Cohen

Co-Founder & GMAT Assassin

Special Offer: Save $75 + GMAT Club Tests Free
  Official GMAT Exam Packs + 70 Pt. Improvement Guarantee
www.empowergmat.com/

***********************Select EMPOWERgmat Courses now include ALL 6 Official GMAC CATs!***********************

Kudos [?]: 3690 [0], given: 173

Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 19 Jul 2017
Posts: 4

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 8

CAT Tests
Re: I took my gmat test yesterday and...... [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 18 Nov 2017, 19:13
EMPOWERgmatRichC wrote:
Hi vijaya jangala,

Raising a 360 to a 600+ would require an improvement of 240+ points - and again, that type of improvement would likely take at least another 3 months of consistent, guided study. Nobody here knows you well enough to know what you're truly capable of, but you're not going to find too many stories from Test Takers who improved THAT much in just one month - and that's because that type of improvement in such a short period of time is exceptionally rare. The type of 'competitive score' that you will likely need to apply to School is almost certainly going to require more study time than you currently have, which is why I asked about the next Round of application deadlines AFTER January.

GMAT assassins aren't born, they're made,
Rich


around april

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 8

Expert Post
1 KUDOS received
EMPOWERgmat Instructor
User avatar
P
Status: GMAT Assassin/Co-Founder
Affiliations: EMPOWERgmat
Joined: 19 Dec 2014
Posts: 10391

Kudos [?]: 3690 [1], given: 173

Location: United States (CA)
GMAT 1: 800 Q51 V49
GRE 1: 340 Q170 V170
Re: I took my gmat test yesterday and...... [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 19 Nov 2017, 12:26
1
This post received
KUDOS
Expert's post
Hi vijaya jangala,

An application deadline in 'around April' would give you a much longer potential study period - and thus more time to learn/master the necessary skills and a greater chance at hitting your score goal. Given that option, I would recommend that you adjust your timeline and apply for that later Round. While I understand that changing your application plans might not make you 'happy', you have to remember the REAL goal - to get into your first-choice MIM Program. Having the proper GMAT score is one of the necessary components of achieving that ultimate goal, so you have to give yourself the necessary time and resources to train for the GMAT.

GMAT assassins aren't born, they're made,
Rich
_________________

760+: Learn What GMAT Assassins Do to Score at the Highest Levels
Contact Rich at: Rich.C@empowergmat.com

Rich Cohen

Co-Founder & GMAT Assassin

Special Offer: Save $75 + GMAT Club Tests Free
  Official GMAT Exam Packs + 70 Pt. Improvement Guarantee
www.empowergmat.com/

***********************Select EMPOWERgmat Courses now include ALL 6 Official GMAC CATs!***********************

Kudos [?]: 3690 [1], given: 173

1 KUDOS received
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
User avatar
G
Joined: 02 Jul 2017
Posts: 281

Kudos [?]: 108 [1], given: 66

GMAT 1: 730 Q50 V38
GMAT ToolKit User CAT Tests
Re: I took my gmat test yesterday and...... [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 26 Nov 2017, 10:52
1
This post received
KUDOS
vijaya jangala wrote:
I got only 360 in GMAT after preparing for 3 months spending every day on GMAT only.I did not even join any college after completing graduation JULY 2017 I decided to take GMAT and apply to 2018 masters in management which make a one year gap for my masters where all my family members are against this idea initially .I convinced everyone and I was confident that I can do it and ended up with this score which so depressing. Most of the deadlines are on Jan. I am thinking of a retake but deadlines are on Jan, Don't know what to do, Can I do it in one month which I could not do it in 3 months?? Please give your suggestions it means a lot to me at this time.


Hello Vijaya

I'm sorry to hear that you didn't received score that you expected.

According to the information you shared, your quant was in Q36-40 range and verbal was in V20-22 range. You scored less in quant in actual gmat exam.

1. First of all, order ESR it will help you understand how you performed in exam and what was your accuracy in different sections.
2. Focusing only on Quant or Verbal will not help you. You need to work on both sections. But if quant is your strong suit try to score high in it and try to get average score on Verbal.
3. Can you please tell how exactly are you preparing for different sections ? Like what you do when you get a quant or verbal question wrong ????
4. Just solving questions will not help you. Properly understanding the solution is very important.
5. As you are not working currently, properly utilizing study time is important.
6. Utilize gmatclub forum. Go over a few debriefs, it will help you understand how people prepare and how they improve there scores.
7. Study plans for both quant and verbal section are available on forum, try to go over them and see which one interests you.

Try to go over the points and try to figure out gaps in your preparation.
Let me know if you need any help. I can try to plan out study schedule/method for you.

All the best :) :)

Kudos [?]: 108 [1], given: 66

Re: I took my gmat test yesterday and......   [#permalink] 26 Nov 2017, 10:52
Display posts from previous: Sort by

I took my gmat test yesterday and......

  new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
HOT DEALS FOR NOVEMBER
Economist GMAT - Free Free 1-week trial + Free Test
Kaplan Courses - Save $475 $225 Discount + $250 Bonus
Target Test Prep - $800 $50 Discount + $750 Bonus [GMAT Club
Tests and Premium MBA Bundle]
EMPOWERgmat - $99/mo GMAT Club tests included 2nd month
GMAT Club Tests - Free Included with every course purchase
of $149 or more - Full List is here


GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap

Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group | Emoji artwork provided by EmojiOne

Kindly note that the GMAT® test is a registered trademark of the Graduate Management Admission Council®, and this site has neither been reviewed nor endorsed by GMAC®.