Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 21:57 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 21:57

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Concentration: International Business, General Management
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 59 [0]
Given Kudos: 8
Concentration: Technology
GMAT Date: 04-25-2015
GPA: 3.15
WE:Analyst (Non-Profit and Government)
Send PM
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [0]
Concentration: Leadership, Strategy
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Re: IE IMBA vs CBA Denmark [#permalink]
dontquixote wrote:
dabasvikas wrote:
I got acceptance from both IE and CBS-Denmark...considering a fee difference of 20k Euro in both(CBS is cheaper) im really confused.

Comments welcome....

Two hard choices to make. First, I recommend watching a TED video by Ruth Chang "How to make hard Choices" It will give you a new perspective on how to decide.

Both are good european schools. Obviously IE has more reputation. However, I think you should decide your school based on where you want to work after you graduate. Reputation is really a minor difference if you look at the grand scheme of things. Reputation seems like a really big factor before you go to school. Once you start your program, reputation is really nothing, makes good conversation starter with people at the bar but nothing more. The real differentiator is going to be the network and the alumni. IE's alumni are concentrated in spain, CBS's alumni are concentrated in Denmark.
Do you want to work in Denmark or Spain? >This should be the determining factor in your decision.

Visit both schools and go with the one that feels better. Both are solid choices and there is no right answer, whichever school you decide to go, you won't regret not making the other choice.

20K scholarship is enough to be factored into the equation but not enough to sway your decision.

Personally I would go to IE. Given two choices. Because its in Spain, the weather is great.

Kudos!/

Thanks for sharing your views!
Intern
Intern
Send PM
stride123 wrote:
Hi Dabasvikas,

First of all congratulations for getting admits from IE and CBS. Both are great schools but I would definitely recommend IE over CBS. In my opinion the program, the faculty and the diversity of the class in IE is much better than that of CBS. IE also has better reputation globally and that counts if you are targeting the international job market.

Incase if entrepreneurship is your future goal then of course IE should be your first choice. I may be wrong on this but I feel if you choose IE over CBS you can always move to Denmark later as the Danes have adopted the English language at work very well. But if you choose to go to CBS it will be very difficult to bag a job in Spain :-). So grab this opportunity, move to Madrid and explore the new possibilities that you will have post MBA. IE will open many more doors for you than CBS will.

Kudos

Thanks a lot....and see u in sep..
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Concentration: Finance, Technology
GMAT Date: 10-15-2014
GPA: 3.22
WE:Information Technology (Commercial Banking)
Send PM
dabasvikas wrote:
I got acceptance from both IE and CBS-Denmark...considering a fee difference of 20k Euro in both(CBS is cheaper) im really confused.

Comments welcome....

I too have applied for the both last week .. so please let me know how long the entire process took.. and finally which college did u choose..
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
CBS---Entire process is 1.5 to 2 Months depending on how soon u submit your essays.

IE--again depends on whether u taking GMAT/IeGAT..writing essays..application.Once application submitted you get an answer within 2 weeks.if selected ..another 1-2 week to setup interview..post interview..another 2-3 for final results..so in all 2-3 months..

karthi1908 wrote:
dabasvikas wrote:

Comments welcome....

I too have applied for the both last week .. so please let me know how long the entire process took.. and finally which college did u choose..
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Concentration: Finance, Technology
GMAT Date: 10-15-2014
GPA: 3.22
WE:Information Technology (Commercial Banking)
Send PM
dabasvikas wrote:
CBS---Entire process is 1.5 to 2 Months depending on how soon u submit your essays.

IE--again depends on whether u taking GMAT/IeGAT..writing essays..application.Once application submitted you get an answer within 2 weeks.if selected ..another 1-2 week to setup interview..post interview..another 2-3 for final results..so in all 2-3 months..

karthi1908 wrote:
dabasvikas wrote:

Comments welcome....

Thank you...for the info..
Founder
Founder
Own Kudos [?]: 72888 [0]
Given Kudos: 18869
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3
Send PM
Expert Reply
Archived IE Discussion
Hi there,
You've stumbled upon an old discussion from our IE Forum that's now outdated and has been archived. No more replies are possible here.
Interested in current discussions? Feel free to dive into our dedicated IE Forum for all fresh things related to the IE MBA program.
Thank you for understanding, and happy exploring!
GMAT Club Bot
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6921 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts