Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 10:38 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 10:38

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
GMAT 1: 690 Q49 V35
WE:Other (Investment Banking)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 6
GMAT 1: 710 Q47 V41
WE:Information Technology (Consulting)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Re: IMD 2014 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink]
cmoi wrote:
It is so quiet this year !!

I agree. I wonder if there is another forum where all the students are busily discussing.
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 1
Concentration: General Management, Technology
Send PM
I have been searching other forums too, it seems IMD applicants are a little quiet.. But in general MBA applications are down, I was probably reading in business insider. What's the group's take on doing MBA in 2014? Will the markets be better at the time of graduation?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Is this me imagining or is there indeed something wrong? Almost 5 weeks up and only 2 calls? Does that mean all the others have been dinged? or Adcom is on vacation and no calls have been made yet? The forum has been surprisingly inactive. I thought it was the lul before the storm but now it seems that Mr Ding is gonna knock soon...

Request fellow R3ers who have been invited for interviews or even got "dingy" emails (if any) to throw some light. Will help ease some nerves. Will keep hoping for the best. Good luck to all who are waiting and to all who have already got the calls..

Cheers!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 26 [0]
Schools: IMD '16 (A)
GMAT 1: 730 Q47 V44
Send PM
MangoMan2 wrote:
Is this me imagining or is there indeed something wrong? Almost 5 weeks up and only 2 calls? Does that mean all the others have been dinged? or Adcom is on vacation and no calls have been made yet? The forum has been surprisingly inactive. I thought it was the lul before the storm but now it seems that Mr Ding is gonna knock soon...

Request fellow R3ers who have been invited for interviews or even got "dingy" emails (if any) to throw some light. Will help ease some nerves. Will keep hoping for the best. Good luck to all who are waiting and to all who have already got the calls..

Cheers!

If it makes you feel better, there are about 40 confirmed people who accepted IMD's offer at this point - so IMD still has over half of the class to fill!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Concentration: Finance, Strategy
Schools: IMD '16
Send PM
MangoMan2 wrote:

Cheers!

Hi, I think that many of the interview invitations have been sent out already. At least to my interview date, we will have 5 people. I assume that the forum is inactive is just because they don't come to the forum... IMD is working on recruiting people fairly actively.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
zxding wrote:
MangoMan2 wrote:

Cheers!

Hi, I think that many of the interview invitations have been sent out already. At least to my interview date, we will have 5 people. I assume that the forum is inactive is just because they don't come to the forum... IMD is working on recruiting people fairly actively.

Thanks zxding! This helps..I guess then Mr Ding should be on his way soon...

@Marshmallow: Congratulations on your admit. Read your blog..very nicely written..I know there are still 50 seats up for grabs, but I was concerned about the R3 interview invites. But now that Zxding has cleared the air..I guess I will have to wait for that Dingy mail...
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Send PM
GOOD NEWS FOLKS
Just heard from a current student that Jack Woods is returning to IMD to restore it to its former glory !!!!
For those who donot know, Jack is the real father of leadership.
CHEERS
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
jslash wrote:
I have been searching other forums too, it seems IMD applicants are a little quiet.. But in general MBA applications are down, I was probably reading in business insider. What's the group's take on doing MBA in 2014? Will the markets be better at the time of graduation?

IMD program is undergoing a major shakeup. :roll: Dean has been ousted
Intern
Intern
Send PM
mbagloballeader wrote:
jslash wrote:

Hi, could you give a little more insight about this shakeup? very curious about it.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Send PM
cmoi wrote:
mbagloballeader wrote:
jslash wrote:

Hi, could you give a little more insight about this shakeup? very curious about it.

Hi guys!

I am one of the admitted students for the next year.
Firstly, let me wish you all the best in the admission process!
Regarding the above-mentioned change of Dean, maybe there is a misunderstanding. Dominique Turpin is the current Dean and there is no news about any change on that role. However, the MBA Program Director will change for 2014 because this role is rotational every 4 years.

This change has nothing to do with a shakeup.

I hope this clarifies your remark.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Nothing much is happening here. Why is everyone so quiet on IMD discussion forum, whereas posts are flooded on Insead forum?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Anyone attending the assessment on August 20th. I am from USA and I am going to Luasanne for my assessment on this day. Please PM me if anyone else has the same day. Its always to good to connect.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
Saragandhi wrote:
Nothing much is happening here. Why is everyone so quiet on IMD discussion forum, whereas posts are flooded on Insead forum?

Hi Saragandhi,

I figure out the size of the class/applicants pool has some influence in the volume of posts written.

On the other hand, not many admitted students came to the forum in R1 or R2, so I suppose there are many people reading but not participating. For example, three guys from my assessment day were waitlisted or dinged and have not participated in the forum at all.

Good luck!
Intern
Intern
Schools: IMD '16
Send PM
Hi guys! I'm writing this post just to share my experience with you! I waited some weeks before writing in order to "digest" the ding. I interviewed in round 2; it was a great experience indeed! Mail arrived 10 days after the interview: they were extremely polite, encouraged me to keep on looking for a top mba, but they didnt offer me a seat in the class of 2014 cause other applicants were higher than me in some elements (not specified). I asked for the feedback; again they were very polite and feedback call was focused on weak/strong points.
I accepted the decision and i respect it. Still some considerations remains on the admission criteria: most of all how to conciliate the diversity with the admission scheme in 5 rounds. Who are you compared with? Just your round applicants? And what if your profile and nationality is already in from previous rounds? Bottom line, With just 90 places and the target of maximizing diversity, you should wait to interview all the applicants before taking a decision. But this is just my opinion and i keep considering imd one of the best business school.

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hi, Pca,
Thanks for this sharing, very useful. I know that IMD is very selective, they assess the candidates from 360° degrees.I know that last year, some candidates dinged by IMD have been accepted by other great school this year, so, don't be frustrated, look forwards, there are definitely other good schools suitable for you;

Anyway, I am still interested in which is the key weak point that really made you not accepted by IMD. Presentation skills? Gmat score? oral English? career objectives? individual interview ? or anything else? Of course, these questions are quite personal. Or maybe it would be more confortable to answer them from other sides, for example, which aspects are important to get into IMD? which points or quality IMD is looking for in each candidate
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hi there,

I have been invited for an interview on 20th August. I believe this is the last interview date for R3.

It would be great to connect beforehand with others who have been invited for the same interview group.

My profile in Indian/Female/31 with 8+ years of Marketing and Brand Management experience in India and Africa.

Cheers,
DJ
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 2
GMAT 1: 760 Q49 V44
WE:Corporate Finance (Energy and Utilities)
Send PM
Yeah the forum is a bit slower this year, but I agree with Lukejjc2, I think a lot of applicants simply don't use the forum. For example, out of the 5 people in my assessment day (4 accepted) I'm the only one comes here.

Currently there are 45 people on the program portal, but that number only includes those who have paid the initial deposit, so possibly there accepted applicants who still don't show up there. In other words, roughly half the slots are already filled. As far as I know, there is no easy way to count the nationalities of the enrolled students.

Best of luck to all of you still in the application process!
GMAT Club Bot
   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6921 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts